Wyrd at Gen Con 2014

CaseyJ

The news post has been taken down now so I assume that was some sort of error.  I'll be adding Hans on to my Gencon order just in case.  Even with slow post-Gencon international shipping I should still get it before the FLGS release.

Weird, I can still see it. Try http://wyrd-games.net/community/page/index.html/_/games/malifaux-2e/

If someone allready bought from outside of us, can wyrd put a total value less than the actual value on the package because I know that if I bought something from 100$, my custome fee will be huge.

Things like that is illegal in most jurisdictions.

If someone allready bought from outside of us, can wyrd put a total value less than the actual value on the package because I know that if I bought something from 100$, my custome fee will be huge.

Wyrd have said repeatedly in the past said they wont do this.  

Which is fair IMO, it being illegal most places and all. 

• Like 3

Lots of people here in the UK have said they've ordered several times from Gencon and never had to pay import duties.  But I know somebody who got stung for £30+ last year.  You should be able to work out the customs duty that you will be charged by looking at your postal service or governments websites.  They make that information freely available.  I think you basically pay whatever your countries VAT is on the goods (plus usually a handling fee).  In the UK that is 20%.

Lots of people here in the UK have said they've ordered several times from Gencon and never had to pay import duties.  But I know somebody who got stung for £30+ last year.  You should be able to work out the customs duty that you will be charged by looking at your postal service or governments websites.  They make that information freely available.  I think you basically pay whatever your countries VAT is on the goods (plus usually a handling fee).  In the UK that is 20%.

20%, plus an £8 royal mail fee. Its ridiculous. 

Source: Loud, angry conversation with royal mail after being hit previously. 

Sorry if this has been answered already. There are a lot of pages to go through.

Will there be a Wyrd Painting contest as part of the GenCon painting contest like last year?

There's nothing about in the first post.

There is no Wyrd painting contest this year. As in previous years, we're sponsoring Paint-and-Take and Wyrd Speed Painting events.

20%, plus an £8 royal mail fee. Its ridiculous. 

Source: Loud, angry conversation with royal mail after being hit previously. 

Allow me to comfort you with the Swedish £8.50 flat fee plus an additional 25% of the total amount of the product + shipping combined.

And that's a potential (not guaranteed thankfully) hit for any order from the US, no matter how small.

There are a few Wyrd Painting events at GenCon, but I think they're all full at the moment.  The painting contests tend to fill up really fast, most of them within the first day of event registration.  

It can still be worth swinging by the events with some generic tickets in case there's an open slot.  You can find the times and places via the GenCon event search software over on their site.  

I was referring to the main painting competiton. I found the rules packet online and it looks like the answer is yes. If anyone else is curious about the Wyrd Manufacturer Awards for the Gencon Painting contest here's a link. It just says they'll be giving awards it doesn't say what though.

http://www.genconminipainting.com/files/Gen%20Con%20Painting%20Competition%202014.pdf

I was referring to the main painting competiton. I found the rules packet online and it looks like the answer is yes. If anyone else is curious about the Wyrd Manufacturer Awards for the Gencon Painting contest here's a link. It just says they'll be giving awards it doesn't say what though.

http://www.genconminipainting.com/files/Gen%20Con%20Painting%20Competition%202014.pdf

Ah. What we've got here is a little left hand-right hand thing going on because they happen to be connected to different brains. Our own little Zaphod paradox.

Got it all straightened now and updated first post with details.

Yes! Wyrd is providing manufacturer's awards for the MHE Painting Competition. No! There is no cosmic right answer. But! The best brush will win.

• Like 1