Wyrd at Gen Con 2014

CaseyJ

Well, I just spent around $300, and still didn't get everything I wanted.  And that's WITH already having pre-ordered Through the Breach at the warstore because I hadn't it expected it to take as long as gencon to come out.

But the multi-pose male!  What an awesome surprise!

Sigh, why why why does the Wyrd store use Fedex?

Items in Cart: Strategy Deck x1
Shipping: $32.52

Items in Cart: Dreamer Box x1, Nightmare Whiskey Golem x1
Shipping: $35.22

Items in Cart: Graveyard Spirit x1
Shipping: Cannot be determined:
"Package 1 - Weight is missing or invalid. ,Insured Value is not allowed for SmartPost.
Unfortunately, we are unable to provide you with a shipping cost estimate for this order. If you are a customer - contact store administration about this issue. If you are an administrator of this store - click here to learn about possible reasons."

Sigh, based on past experience, when Fedex says 6 day shipping, they really mean 1-2 months (or longer if they send it through the blackhole of Richmond CA)...

Is there anyway to get USPS as an option?

I had a different problem with my orders. On each of my orders I was unable to select any shipping options. I was stuck with 2 Day shipping, with no other options even displayed. This comes out costing me close to $80...to Florida.

Another individual I talked to said the system would not allow him to select anything other than 4 Day shipping.

I contacted support through the store and am hoping for some sort of reply.

Sorry to skip back to models for a second: is the milti pose model one figure that can be posed 11 different ways, or actually 11 individual figures?!

11 Individual figures on the sprue.  I heard someone say they assembled 14 figures from one, but Wyrd has said 11.  In any case it is that many individual figures.   Pretty sweet if you ask me. 

Sorry to skip back to models for a second: is the milti pose model one figure that can be posed 11 different ways, or actually 11 individual figures?!

I haven't attempted to really put anything together yet, but a quick count shows 13 sets of legs, 13 torsos, and 11 heads...  so 11 figures!

I get two lines in the estimate field for one crewbox (to Sweden)

International Shipping $10.00
FedEx International Economy® - Fri Aug 22 $34.08

Same when adding a scheme deck

When adding Crossroads it becomes

International Shipping $28.60
FedEx International Economy® - Fri Aug 22 $36.48

The one and only option for shipping for me was:

FedEx Home Delivery 2 Day.

On an order costing $137 (1 Crew Box, 1 Golem, 3 Arsenal Decks), shipping was $19.50.

On an order costing $101 (4 Arsenal Decks, 4 Small Plastic Kits), shipping was $19.50.

On an order costing $105 (Golem, Cross Roads), shipping was $19.86.

And on an order costing $100 (2 Crew boxes), shipping was $16.78.

And this is just to Florida. I have no idea what is going on here.

Also, another thing that just came to mind. Would that last order qualify for the Miss, or does it need to made a dollar (or penny) higher?

Sorry to distract from things for something that may seem like another noobish question but I just wanted to check something about the $100 qualification. Does all of the order have to be Gen Con related items or can it be a mix of regular and Gen Con stuff and still get the Miss Ery?

It can be a mix of gencon stuff and non gencon stuff.  There is no indication that you will get Miss Ery she is just added to your package before shipping.

Hoping that the delivery problems iron themselves out but I have a couple of other questions:

1.  Bete Noir, Bishop, Desperate Mercs and a couple of others are showing up under the Gencon release section of the webstore but they're also August releases.  Does this mean they've been pushed back as regular releases or are they still coming out in August?  Hans appeared on the Gencon announcement despite being an August release so I assume he's an October-January release as per the announcement but the other items that have been added weren't on the announcement so not sure of their status?

2.  The strat/scheme deck has disappeared from the webstore (it was definitely there earlier).  Is this just a glitch in the system or has it been removed because they've sold out (I know they honour all orders of models but the books sold out last year so does that mean cards could?)?

3.  I've warmed to Hannah so guess my order just got $35 more expensive!

Hello,

I have questions about the shinies:

- where are the scheme cards?

- are Hannah and the Warpig special editions only available during Gencon or will they be included later in crew or solo boxes?

Thanks

The scheme cards are apparently out of stock. 

Hannah and the Warpig are not special edition models, merely late additions to what is for sale during gencon. 

Thank you for your reply.

So, if I understand well the NE golem is the only Gencon specific model.

Well the Miss Ery Teddy is also an exclusive model available on orders of $100+ before shipping during gencon.  If you are getting the NE golem this is not that difficult to achieve.

So I just placed my order, and I got two questions:

1. I ordered for over 100$, but the Miss Ery miniature never showed in my order- is this normal? will they simply just put it in every order when they pack, and not show anything about it when you buy from them?

2. Seeing as I am a Henchman I have of course used some of my SS on this order, and I was wondering if  you only pay taxes for they money that the SS did not cover, or for your entire order, including everything your SS covered?