Wyrd at Gen Con 2014

CaseyJ

Now the all important question....Ophelia or the Dreamer, if I'm buying the book too I can only get one but they're both such nice kits.

Quick questions, I've seen people advising not to order the book as part of orders containing models. Is this just a weight issue, thus higher cost, or a different reason?

Does anyone know if the Wave 3 upgrades will be in Crossroads?

Not sure what you mean... the avatars aren't done beta testing and there hasn't been anything on minis past wave 2 that I've heard of.

What I'd personally like confirmation on, is, are the new upgrades (tara, samurai, etc.) definitely going in the book?

Not sure what you mean... the avatars aren't done beta testing and there hasn't been anything on minis past wave 2 that I've heard of.

What I'd personally like confirmation on, is, are the new upgrades (tara, samurai, etc.) definitely going in the book?

Samurai are in the box according to this:

http://wyrd-games.net/community/topic/102516-tt-samurai/

As far as I know (based on what Justin has said publicly), the new Tara upgrades and all the generic upgrades that were playtested for Wave 3 (eg. the Samurai ones) will be included in the book and Aresnal decks

While we're at it, apparently any Wave 1 cards that got errata'd (eg. Fuhatsu, Nexux of Power etc) will also be included in their respective Wave 2 arsenal decks.

• Like 2

As far as I know (based on what Justin has said publicly), the new Tara upgrades and all the generic upgrades that were playtested for Wave 3 (eg. the Samurai ones) will be included in the book and Aresnal decks

While we're at it, apparently any Wave 1 cards that got errata'd (eg. Fuhatsu, Nexux of Power etc) will also be included in their respective Wave 2 arsenal decks.

Nice. I was hoping this would be the case.

What day does the webstore open up for GenCon orders?

~Lil Kalki

The 14th-17th is gencon.  So theoretically on the 14th at 12:01am.  I don't remember if they open the webstore at midnight for gencon, but I know they have done it in the past for black friday when they had finite numbers of limited edition models for sale. But it will be the 14th, whether it is the moment it becomes the 14th or at some point throughout the day I don't know. 

I  believe they will be opening the store at 12:00am on the 14th, but I wouldn't worry about limited numbers of limited edition models during gencon. Wyrd ususally makes plenty and then orders as many more as they need to fill the orders that are placed. It's not like when they were selling the limited metals durin black friday that were gone once they sold out.

I  believe they will be opening the store at 12:00am on the 14th, but I wouldn't worry about limited numbers of limited edition models during gencon. Wyrd ususally makes plenty and then orders as many more as they need to fill the orders that are placed. It's not like when they were selling the limited metals durin black friday that were gone once they sold out.

Yeah I just included that information because I wasn't sure if that might be the only reason they opened it at midnight, although thinking about it that doesn't even make sense.  So I guess I was just rambling. 

But yeah sorry if I confused anyone the limited edition stuff now is all plastic and Im sure there will be more than enough of it. 

Does anybody know what the post-Gencon release schedule is going to be like?  We know that all the Gencon boxes (LE/NE aside) will be hitting retail from October-January but will we see other things released too?  Or is September all about getting Gencon orders out then the quarter October-January releasing the stuff we've already seen?

Ikvar: They will not sell out. Ordering on day 1 of Gencon may get your order processed slightly quicker but as with previous Gencon online ordering you are not guaranteed to get your order dispatched in the order that your order number would dictate.

All you can be sure of is if you order online during Gencon you will get what you ordered.

D.

Ikvar - the Gencon releases are only limited by their availability during Gencon, not by the number of miniatures cast.  All orders made over the Gencon weekend are honoured so there is no need to ensure that you are getting online immediately (unlike Black Friday deals which sold off leftover miniatures in limited numbers)

Does anybody know what the post-Gencon release schedule is going to be like?  We know that all the Gencon boxes (LE/NE aside) will be hitting retail from October-January but will we see other things released too?  Or is September all about getting Gencon orders out then the quarter October-January releasing the stuff we've already seen?

I suppose there's a chance that we'll see something else, but this is mostly it. Which makes the autumns kinda sad.

Ikvar - the Gencon releases are only limited by their availability during Gencon, not by the number of miniatures cast.  All orders made over the Gencon weekend are honoured so there is no need to ensure that you are getting online immediately (unlike Black Friday deals which sold off leftover miniatures in limited numbers)

This is correct. (Just in case you were waiting on an official response.)