Wyrd at Gen Con 2014

CaseyJ

Or...buy the stuff in the Wyrd WebStore during GenCon like most of us intend to? :P

Oh... They ship everywhere? Looked at their webstore once, but couldn't find any terms and conditions/shipping costs and the like. I live in switzerland, you see, so I figured there's only retail for me.

Some of the extra boxes are really nice and some things we've not seen before which is cool.  Shame to see Hans there as he was another one that my FLGS has slated for release soon so was hoping to pick him up but at least it gets me closer to the Miss!

I assume everything listed in the news post from yesterday is supposed to come to stores this month and not Okt-Jan. I can't help wonder if anything comes out in September.

Oh... They ship everywhere? Looked at their webstore once, but couldn't find any terms and conditions/shipping costs and the like. I live in switzerland, you see, so I figured there's only retail for me.

I'm fairly certain they ship to Switzerland. I haven't heard of anywhere they won't or can't ship to, but I could be wrong.

Wyrd price list and releases up!

So question about gencon ordering... Do orders of some of their previously released stuff also count towards the $100 you need for Miss Ery?  Specifically, if I'm just short of the 100, can I add in say a box of punk zombies or something already released to put me over the limit?

Yes, anything from their store counts towards the $100.  Several years ago, I ordered a bunch of the V2 cards to fill holes in my 3 x $100 orders.

At least that was the prior year practice, and I doubt they plan to change it.

Yay Waldgeists! Those look fantastic! I (personally) wasn't a huge fan of the 1.0/1.5 sculpts and I adore these ones. 

I'm almost tempted to get the Dreamer box for the Alps... I've had a horrid time getting my hands on a blister through my LGS and they are a bit of a Dreamer "should have". 

Why is WYR20515 - Freikorpsmenn $21 which is more then WYR20112 - Executioner  at $18 and the same cost at WYR20708 - Samurai. When both of them should have way bigger or more minis. I just don't get it are the huge do they have different arms? What is up with this kit.

Thanks for the heads up furysblade. Hopefully the boxes will come to enough for the missted box....that sucker is mine his year...8)

2 crew boxes is 100$, enough for the Miss.  I definitely would avoid any books if you are getting it shipped outside the US.

sigh... cant go to gencon... guess I will have to wait until somewhen next year until I get my hands on crossroads, the dreamer, plastic silurids and the true pimp of Malifaux Lucius. I will be shriveled by then from all the drooling.

I went to GenCon last year and still ended up ordering the stuff I wanted from the website.  Too many games to play, who wants to stand in lines? :wacko:

There are a few Wyrd Painting events at GenCon, but I think they're all full at the moment.  The painting contests tend to fill up really fast, most of them within the first day of event registration.  

It can still be worth swinging by the events with some generic tickets in case there's an open slot.  You can find the times and places via the GenCon event search software over on their site.  

Whoops. Tab confusion...

Figured out my orders- I think I'm gonna place two orders, one with lots of books to make the more expensive shipping go on one, and one with more model boxes, netting me (hopefully) two Miss Erys. I have an original NE Teddy, and these two flanking him in a dreamer crew makes me a little teary eyes. "I'm just so... happy..."

ENinja

Let's see, I'll take one of those, and one of these and one of those, and...  aww, the Primordial Magic's puking again.  I understand what they're trying to do, but I don't care for it. 

I think the tricky bit may not be what to get, but what to wait for later on.  I certainly can't afford to get everything I want from the gencon list.

I assume everything listed in the news post from yesterday is supposed to come to stores this month and not Okt-Jan. I can't help wonder if anything comes out in September.

The news post has been taken down now so I assume that was some sort of error.  I'll be adding Hans on to my Gencon order just in case.  Even with slow post-Gencon international shipping I should still get it before the FLGS release.