Wyrd at Gen Con 2014

CaseyJ

Any word if there is different art on the light and dark fate decks? Or is just the border and back that is different?

I guess they are the same material as the retro deck considering the $12 price.

No idea about different art but I seem to remember them saying they would be made of the same plastic stuff the retro and puppet decks are made of.

There is one question I really wonder about:

Will General Upgrades be included in the Arsenal Decks?

If so, I have to buy the Guild one without owning a single model from that deck yet. (I could buy some Riflemen or a Pathfinder fast, but I haven't yet.) I wouldn't complain about that, I just would like to know.

There is one question I really wonder about:

Will General Upgrades be included in the Arsenal Decks?

If so, I have to buy the Guild one without owning a single model from that deck yet. (I could buy some Riflemen or a Pathfinder fast, but I haven't yet.) I wouldn't complain about that, I just would like to know.

This was mentioned in a podcast with Justin.  I believe that all the wave 2 upgrades as well as special ones like the ones for Taras' crew will be included in the Arsenal Decks. 

This was mentioned in a podcast with Justin.  I believe that all the wave 2 upgrades as well as special ones like the ones for Taras' crew will be included in the Arsenal Decks. 

So, no Wave 3 Upgrades? All included upgrades will be included in the various crew boxes, too?

That would be cool.

I think it looks a bit similar to the nightmare edition LCB but I think that is fine as the regular metal chompy is nothing like him.

Yeah that's what I meant, that it's still ultimately a similar pose to one of the existing models.  I know some folks who shelled out some dough for the NE LCB that weren't super thrilled.  Glad I wasn't one of them lol.

• Like 1

Yeah that's what I meant, that it's still ultimately a similar pose to one of the existing models.  I know some folks who shelled out some dough for the NE LCB that weren't super thrilled.  Glad I wasn't one of them lol.

I have NE LCB and don't see why I would be annoyed by the new one.  I suppose just from the standpoint of not having a variety of models to put on the table?  I wasn't really expecing the new plastic LCB to make me want to leave my nightmare edition at home, and it doesn't.  Just my opinion though :)

I will say I want a plastic dreamer holding hands with an awesome little friend but I don't think I will be getting the dreamer box early just because I already want Zoraida.  (and Lucius?  Yes?  Von Schill as well?  Why not?)

Expected a no on the one per $100 rather than one per order.  It's a shame, really like that they make the Gencon stuff available online but restricting the Miss miniature sucks for people wanting to order together (mainly because of the charge that the postal service in the UK charge just for the 'privilege' of going to pay our duty which means going in together is much easier/cheaper!).

• Like 1

Expected a no on the one per $100 rather than one per order.  It's a shame, really like that they make the Gencon stuff available online but restricting the Miss miniature sucks for people wanting to order together (mainly because of the charge that the postal service in the UK charge just for the 'privilege' of going to pay our duty which means going in together is much easier/cheaper!).

I've ordered at gencon for the last 4 years, and haven't been hit with any extra charges yet.

Granted I'm normally looking at less than £200 spent, so it should eb below the cut off. A big order is more likely to get charged, so you might not make as big savings you wanted to.

If you're going to Gencon, in the past (that may have changed), they always let you split your orders up into 100$. Now its probably is a good idea to do that before you get to the counter so people behind you don't get pissed, but generally the Wyrd staff working are super helpful and will also make sure you get it all broken up into 100$ increments.

If you're ordering online, just break up your order into $100 increments (but that will mean more shipping). I guess thats the beauty of attending Gencon!!!!

The cut off for import duty is now £15.  My mate got charged £9 duty on something that cost him £15.17 (£8 of that duty was the fee).  Customs is often hit and miss, and it depends on how it is declared (I know that CMON often declare everything as $10 hobby supplies for example), but I'd still like it if they could include one per $100 to make it easier to decide who gets a Miss for people ordering jointly (which saves on postage as well as the customs).  I realise it's unlikely to happen, but no harm in wishing!

• Like 2

I could see them offering LE Hannah as a $250 bonus, like they did with Santana on Black Friday last year. I don't think that goes against anything they promised in TTB, and it would be consistent with previous LE offerings. 

The only items that were marked Kickstarter Exclusives were the hardcover book and the wicked doll.  Hannah and the fate deck are marked "special editions" and are never mentioned to be Kickstarter exclusive.  This had to be done on purpose to allow Wyrd to offer these at later dates or on special occasions.

I truly think if they have Hannah models they should/would sell them. During the KS there was never an indication that she would be a 'hard to get' model. I think it was even stated that Hannah would just be available to KS backers BEFORE general public.

Since ALL TTB KS rewards have shipped they can technically offer them at Gencon (as long as they have enough of em), at her normal price. We will have to wait and see.