The Great Malifaux Facial Hair Initiative

Math Mathonwy

Malifaux is drawing inspiration from Victoriana, Westerns, Horror and Punk. Three of these are big of facial hair.

Victorian era had people like this:

tumblr_m3m3wk9S8F1ruj07po1_500.jpg

Wild West was famous for facial hair.

As for horror, well, there are few things more horrifying than a giant 'stache.

And yet, in Malifaux, who has facial hair? Francisco? Who else?

Frigging WONG! That's who! Those liquorice noodles are the cream of the crop when it comes to Malifaux moustache. Truly a sad state of affairs!

As for beards - the most famous beard in Malifaux is the one on Yan Lo which is so microscopic that if you drop it bacteria steal it for themselves to use as a fake beard in their costume parties.

This has got to change!

If Wyrd implement a campaign of facial hair, they might still make it for the next Movember. Personally, I suggest making a giant box of different beards and 'staches that you can then glue on all your models. This way they can make up for previous mistakes as well and we can add a moustache to Nico and a giant beard to Marcus as it should've been from the start.

Who's with me?

• Like 7

Missed a few.

Von Schill

Classic Gunslinger

Male Gunsmith

Several of the undead (Such as mindless zombie, grave spirit, etc.)

But, my beard and I are on board with this plan, and I think we need to take it a step further.  We already have the Miss models.  How about a Facial hair line.  Limited edition models of various characters done with facial hair.  Gender switching allowed and encouraged.  Switch up Collette for the guy from Moulin Rouge.  Many of the Guild members could do with facial hair.  Seb is a working man.  When does he have time to shave?

• Like 2

I'll never understand this obsession with facial hair.  I suppose it works well as makeout repellent, if you're not into that sort of thing.

That said, for the time period Malifaux is set in, everyone is incredibly well-shaven (from what we can tell - I like to think the Judge could be sporting some insane goatee or van dyke).

I actually vote against the facial hair initiative in favor of a Sweeney Todd inspired master with a Mrs. Lovett henchman.  That'll explain all the clean-shaven faces and fit into the darkness of the setting quite well :P

I love the idea of a Sweeney Todd-inspired master: I figure Neverborn: offers his razors on the cheap but gets to keep all the hair clippings for... reasons.

Also, I second the Santiago face: that dude is rocking facial hair that makes me want to grow that again for myself!

@loveless: Speaking as a Canuck in an area where the weather can bite: Shaving is far lower a priority when the day the razor hits the skin is the day one _must_ wear a scarf not to get cold! Plus camping beards prevent mosquito attacks, and they're an automatic +2 to the awesomeness stat.

Also, just gonna leave this here:
H6pIxxL.jpg

• Like 4

I love the idea of a Sweeney Todd-inspired master: I figure Neverborn: offers his razors on the cheap but gets to keep all the hair clippings for... reasons.

Also, I second the Santiago face: that dude is rocking facial hair that makes me want to grow that again for myself!

@loveless: Speaking as a Canuck in an area where the weather can bite: Shaving is far lower a priority when the day the razor hits the skin is the day one _must_ wear a scarf not to get cold! Plus camping beards prevent mosquito attacks, and they're an automatic +2 to the awesomeness stat.

Also, just gonna leave this here:

H6pIxxL.jpg

That would be me.  My wife has forbidden me from shaving for this very reason.

@Bruglyother oddly enough my fiancee is the opposite; I basically use not shaving as a threat to get things I want!

That said, I could never do just a mustache. My Dad rocks a Magnum PI and any combo I do with a mustache just makes me picture him...