Remove Condition

sincain

Question

Hello guys,

I'm new to the boards and new to the game as well and had a question about removing conditions, yesterday a friend and I were playing and we both had remove abilities. I was running Sonnia and he was running Ten Thunder, I went to remove his armor and he did the same for my burning. My question is does it remove the entire condition or just a stack? We weren't totally sure and were just reducing the condition by 1..   But now reading it sounds more like it would be the entire thing ..  Just wanted to make sure as this was our second game and still trying to learn all the rules.. 

Thanks! 

12 answers to this question

Using a removing condition on a stack of burning would remove the entire stack.  It's the risk to doing big stacks of conditions.

Removing his armor though...  not familiar enough with 10 thunders, but unless that armor is specifically granted by a condition, you can't touch it with condition removal.

You'd remove the entire Condition stack, so all the burning. The armour it depends on what it's from: if it's an ability it can't be removed; if it's a condition then it all goes; if it's both then it drops to the value supplied by the ability.

Thanks guys .. the armor was both.. he had +2 to begin with then cast +2 on him.  So he would lose the +2 that was cast and go back to his built in +2.

Makes sense just wanted to make sure as we were still learning the system! 8)

Thanks again.. 

Shouldn't it be "all his eyes in one socket"? 

But that armor removal is a tricky one. If the target had armor to start with I would say you can't remove it via condition removal.

M

You can't remove the Ability bit. But if a Rail Worker (Armour +1 ability) gets another Armour +1 from Mei Fengs Intimidating Pose trigger to a total of Armour +2, you can bring it back down to +1 with condition removal.

I was considering this a while back. I was playing a rather brutal game on Vassal. Kaeris vs Nico to be more specific. My opponent took Izamu and the Grave Spirit. Whilst in B2B the Grave Spirit grants the Armour +2 Condition to any model in B2B with it. 

So here is the question.... If I had used Johana to remove this additional armour which Izamu had gained via the condition given due to being in B2B with the Grave Spirit would I be right in assuming as he was still in B2B I would have removed the armour and he would immediately gain it again as he was still in B2B? Or would he have lost the Armour +2 granted by the condition?

I'm inclined to believe he would immediately regain the condition and this is why I didn't bother trying to remove it in the first place, also for the sake of saving a rules debate and wasting time I decided to do something else but I'd be interested to hear what people think on this one.

I would think that you can't remove that, as long as the Graveyard Spirit is in base contact with the target. Because it just keeps on giving it out, it doesn't give it out as a condition once, he gives it out all the time as long as it's in base contact. That's just my reading though.

I was considering this a while back. I was playing a rather brutal game on Vassal. Kaeris vs Nico to be more specific. My opponent took Izamu and the Grave Spirit. Whilst in B2B the Grave Spirit grants the Armour +2 Condition to any model in B2B with it. 

So here is the question.... If I had used Johana to remove this additional armour which Izamu had gained via the condition given due to being in B2B with the Grave Spirit would I be right in assuming as he was still in B2B I would have removed the armour and he would immediately gain it again as he was still in B2B? Or would he have lost the Armour +2 granted by the condition?

I'm inclined to believe he would immediately regain the condition and this is why I didn't bother trying to remove it in the first place, also for the sake of saving a rules debate and wasting time I decided to do something else but I'd be interested to hear what people think on this one.

I would agree with you on this. The model is still in B2B contact so once removed the armour would just be reinstated from the ability.

Armour is a tricky one to work around as in most cases it is not actually a condition but an ability.

Yeah, this is basically my train of thought. The Grave Spirit gives Armour +2 out as a condition but as it's applied whilst being in B2B so long as you remain in B2B it can be removed but it will immediately be reapplied due to the Grave Spirit's ability effectively wasting AP attempting to remove it.