Astrella's painting thread

Astrella

I'm busy with life stuff at the moment, so there won't be any new painting stuff in the near future, but I did manage to break through my 3 year block of no painting by painting up this Freikorpsmann I had lying around. Painting is messy, I know, but I'm mostly glad that I managed to crank something out.

tumblr_n6v518zfz91rt174yo1_1280.jpg

tumblr_n6v518zfz91rt174yo2_1280.jpg

• Like 2

I don't think you have any worries! If you feel like you need to improve it, then it will ONLY get better, and it already looks very nice!

I wouldn't say your painting is "messy"... "Soft", maybe, but the delineations between colors are very clear. You are obviously putting color EXACTLY where you want it, and that's quite impressive on it's own!

• 2 months later...

Hi Astrella,

Luna looks great! I particularly like the realistic style you've used.

I also struggle to break through the anxiety wall and actually apply paint to model, so I applaud your willingness to share with us on the forum. It gives me hope :D

Keep up the great work and I look forward to seeing more of your models.

Cheers,

Woo.

• Like 1

Thank you, Woo, it's very much appreciated. :)

tumblr_napl7oSWi61rt174yo1_500.jpg

Finished up the first Wastrel. I sorta ruined his face trying to remove mold lines and it bothered me a lot so I rushed this one. The camera washed out the highlights a bit, but I'm probably going to go over him once more when I'm done with the rest of the crew, just figured it'd be better to not run myself stuck on a single model.