Malifaux Companion Beta - Android App

Suggestion for Encounter tab> Crew 1> Crew 2 tabs

On the Crew 1 & 2 tabs change tab to "Hired Crew" instead of "Summoned"

Also

Is there anyway to have the filter selection for the Crew 1 & 2 stay on the selected filter? Similar to how the filters work for the Collection Manager> Add Collection filter stays on the selected faction.

Thanks for all the work you're putting into this app

So I noticed that Jack Daw can not choose the Creeping Terror (Tormented) Rare 1 upgrade in the crew building area.

Is this correct?

Nope, Jack Daw is missing his 'Tormented, Spirit, Cursed' Characteristics for some reason. I'll remedy that :)

Encounter> Crew 1 & 2> summon model

Will only allow for one Skeeter regardless of amount in your Collection: while restrict is click

I can only reproduce this if I do not load a Crew and just start summoning from the Crew1/2 view. Is this what you're doing? I'm going to prevent just straight summoning without a loaded Crew and notify the user that they first need to build the Crew using the Crew Builder, as the Crew Builder takes care of some necessary background processing that the Encounter section does not.

Suggestion for Encounter tab> Crew 1> Crew 2 tabs

On the Crew 1 & 2 tabs change tab to "Hired Crew" instead of "Summoned"

Are you talking about renaming the button? See above comment, the Encounter Section is for meant for tweaking an already created Crew mid-game, so you're 'summoning' new models rather than 'hiring' them. I need to disable this button unless a Crew has already been loaded/transferred from the Crew Builder to make sure all the necessary background handling is done correctly.

Is there anyway to have the filter selection for the Crew 1 & 2 stay on the selected filter? Similar to how the filters work for the Collection Manager> Add Collection filter stays on the selected faction.

Yeah, I'm going to add that option to the other Add Model dialogs as well.

Thanks a bunch for the feedback!

Ah so the tabs under Encounter> Crew 1 & 2 are not for keep track of or "tick off"your Hired Crews wounds.

Sorry I misunderstood that. Thanks!

No, no; that's exactly what they're for. I think we're confusing some things. 

The Encounter tabs are meant for keeping track of everything going on during a game. Victory points, model wounds, summoning models, manifesting avatars, etc. You're just not meant to build your Crew from scratch using the 'Summon Model' button. You'll get some weird errors, like the Skeeter hiring thing you saw.

You're meant to build the Crew in the 'Crew Builder' section, save it (through the menu), and then go to the Encounter Crew page and load it up (through the menu, again). Let me know if you have any questions or need me to clarify anything.

• 2 weeks later...

A decent enough app, but one thing I prefer about the other app. Crouchingmoose's app has a button next to the name of a model that lets you add another copy without having to go back up to the model select screen. Useful if you're running three rail workers, etc.

• Like 1

A decent enough app, but one thing I prefer about the other app. Crouchingmoose's app has a button next to the name of a model that lets you add another copy without having to go back up to the model select screen. Useful if you're running three rail workers, etc.

Just downloaded the app and was going suggest the same thing.

Also a quick way to search based on model type would be useful. Going try it for a game later tonight

• Like 1

Sorry for the long delay before the next update. My models have been sorely neglected and I've been spending my spare time assembling my over abundance of kits. And Dark Souls 2 has been calling ( :aura -Praise the Sun).

There's the right-to-left swipe thing, but I agree it could benefit from a long-click menu option to add more of the same type.

Just downloaded the app and was going suggest the same thing.

Also a quick way to search based on model type would be useful. Going try it for a game later tonight

The detailed search feature is planned, but you can filter by characteristics currently (includes model type).

I've already stopped using this one. Not pretty or intuitive enough. Very fiddly to do anything.

Would be great with stats, but without it is inferior to Crouchingmoose's offering. Even then? Hmm...

If you have any specific hangups I'd be happy to investigate. Especially the intuitive use aspect, I'd like to make it as straightforward to use as possible. The current most fiddly bit is the hidden 'add multiple models at once' thing, but I think the rest is pretty self-explanatory. Of course, since I wrote the thing I am HIGHLY biased and likely blind to some stupid stuff, so I'm all ears.

Positive differences between Crouching Moose's app:

1. Stat line

2. Collection manager (Great for list building and letting people see what you have if they want to borrow models)

3. Crew Builder (I am actually torn at which of the two I like more. I would say Crouching Moose's is more aesthetically pleasing, however CritterKiller's is more informative with information: the stat line, characteristics, and type)

4. Setting>Restrict to Collection (when building a crew only able to add models in your collection-- genius idea)

5.Browse feature (explains itself)

With that said I like both apps a lot. I would like see a collaboration between both of our talented individuals with an official Wyrd backing. I think both CritterKiller and CrouchingMoose have demonstrated how skilled they are and I think Wyrd would benefit greatly from their talents. Both have done a wonderful job at providing something to the community (that is FREE too). I also would like to thank them for all their hardwork.

• Like 2

I've already stopped using this one. Not pretty or intuitive enough. Very fiddly to do anything.

Would be great with stats, but without it is inferior to Crouchingmoose's offering. Even then? Hmm...

I found this app to be more intuitive than Crouchingmoose's. It is certainly not as aesthetically pleasing, but I think it takes much better advantage of gestures and works better with the touch screen interface. 

• 2 weeks later...

Minor update.

v1.12
  -Official 7/1 Errata
  -Add Jack Daw's missing 'Tormented, Spirit, Cursed' characteristics
  -Fix possible crash
  -Lead Lined Coat Upgrade no longer takable with non-Living models
  -Henchman leaders no longer have their SS cost added to Crew's SS total
  -Hide SS Cost of leader models
  -Hide SS Cache of non-leader models
  • Like 4

• 3 weeks later...

Minor update.

proposal: 

in the encounter: Mark miniatures cards have already been activated, and these will automatically move to the end of the crew list. 

I agree with the idea of ​​taking pictures of the cards as temporary problems copyrights solution.

Update uploaded. Also, below are summaries of the changes made to the Generic Upgrades between the last beta release to the Wave 2 official release.

v1.13

•  Add two new Tara Crew upgrades: Void Shield (Nothing Beast) and The Faces of Oblivion (Karina)

• Added new Scenario-specific models/upgrades (Raethford, Golden Piglet, The Jewel of Ozymandias

• Updated Carver model rules

• Fixed typo in Dismounted McCabe rules text

• Increased Dreamer’s Cache to 3

• Updated Generic Upgrades released in Wave 2 Arsenal Decks; removed Beta attribute

• Hidden Agenda: Friendly Oiran now require LoS

• Favor of Jigoku: Renamed from Favor of Fire

• Favor of Heaven: Renamed from Favor of Wind

• Deleted Favor of Water

• Necrotic Preparation: Now counts towards Upgrade limit; new Ability grants bonus to disengaging strikes

• Dampening Field: When tactical action is used, Auras can not originate from target model until end of NEXT turn
  • Like 2

Just downloaded it and so far everything seems to be working for me. I really like the use of colors - makes hiring models that are dual faction much easier and faster. I also like the collection option and the fact that you can limit your choices to the models you have in it - that's a great touch. It's also great that you can select an encounter, fill in all the details, load two crews and then keep track of victory points and wounds during the game.

What I'd like to see added here is when you have a few ss left and want to hire one more cheap model, the options should be limited to only those that you can hire for the amount of ss you have left. It works that way in Crouchingmouse's app and I think it's very helpful.

Overall - really fantastic job. Thanks for creating and sharing it, I'm sure I will be using it in my Malifaux games. It would be even better if it was possible to see the details of the model you're hiring, all the rules and abilities. I guess the "lock full rules" option has to be there due to IP...

• Like 1

Just downloaded it and so far everything seems to be working for me. I really like the use of colors - makes hiring models that are dual faction much easier and faster. I also like the collection option and the fact that you can limit your choices to the models you have in it - that's a great touch. It's also great that you can select an encounter, fill in all the details, load two crews and then keep track of victory points and wounds during the game.

What I'd like to see added here is when you have a few ss left and want to hire one more cheap model, the options should be limited to only those that you can hire for the amount of ss you have left. It works that way in Crouchingmouse's app and I think it's very helpful.

Overall - really fantastic job. Thanks for creating and sharing it, I'm sure I will be using it in my Malifaux games. It would be even better if it was possible to see the details of the model you're hiring, all the rules and abilities. I guess the "lock full rules" option has to be there due to IP...

Personally I prefer to still have all my options visible, so if I see a model I really want that puts me over the SS total I can add it and then go back to the Crew list and re-evaluate other choices. But your suggestions works perfectly fine too; its a great candidate for an entry in the Settings menu, probably with it defaulting to your preference.

• Like 2

I have tried it out, I like it a great deal. 

I was looking at the collection manager, would it be possible to add an option to indicate if a model is unassembled, assembled, painted, number of times played?

It was the first thing I wanted to do after I entered my Resser collection.

Also have you considered some meta data on the collection screen. How many models, How many stones?

I have tried it out, I like it a great deal. 

I was looking at the collection manager, would it be possible to add an option to indicate if a model is unassembled, assembled, painted, number of times played?

It was the first thing I wanted to do after I entered my Resser collection.

Also have you considered some meta data on the collection screen. How many models, How many stones?

Yeah, there are still plans to add more functionality to the collection page. The '0's are placeholders for the unassembled, painted, etc status counters. Displaying some meta data shouldn't be much of an effort either.

Installed your app yesterday, its pretty awesome.

Something I'm not seeing is a way to track upgrades that move. (Yan Lo was my thinking but lots of upgrades discard for example). It would be great if they got added into the summon list or we got some way to manage those from the encounter screen