Malifaux Companion Beta - Android App

Hello! I haven't had the time yet to look through All the post yet, so forgive me if this has already been suggested. Can you add a color option to the middles in a crew. For example, I am painting my Bayou Gremlins with colored stripes on the basses to separate group alpha from groups beta and gamma. It would be great to be able to say Red Bayou Gremlin 1 instead of just Bayou Gremlin 1-12

EDIT: DYAC

Edited by kalmondo

• 1 month later...
1 hour ago, Brass Monkey said:

Weren't they always locked? My version works just like it always has.

Until now I've been using the app to read the profiles, but now I can't. 2 friends have the same issue, yesterdey the app updated to everyone when we were playing at the club and now nobody can see the cards :(

52 minutes ago, CritterKiller32 said:

There was an issue in the last release where you could unintentionally view the card stats. We're not allowed to do that, so I needed to lock it back down.

Hopefully Wyrd is coming along with their official app :)

Oh, sad news :(. I hope it will be released soon. Thanks :)

• 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...
5 minutes ago, Emberlost said:

Any chance of adding the ability to cut & paste the crew/save them to Dropbox? BBCode mode would be nice, but just plain text would be awesome.

To be honest, future development is very unlikely and I'll just be sticking to card updates. My time is more limited now, and I really don't even play Malifaux that much anymore. But I want to at least keep this app updated to be viable option for those that have adopted my little project, at least until Wyrd's official app becomes the standard.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, retnab said:

Hmm for some reason the .apk for this patch says it can't be installed :/ I haven't had a problem with the .apk's on the previous patches. I'm running a Blackberry Q10.

Hmm, I didn't do anything differently (at least on purpose) when building this release. Is it the automatic update failing? Can you try uninstalling your previous version and installing the newest APK?

EDIT: It may be a signed vs. unsigned APK issue. My releases have all been unsigned thus far. Maybe a Blackberry update tightened the default restrictions? Are you able to temporarily lower your security settings to allow an unsigned APK to be installed?

52 minutes ago, CritterKiller32 said:

Hmm, I didn't do anything differently (at least on purpose) when building this release. Is it the automatic update failing? Can you try uninstalling your previous version and installing the newest APK?

EDIT: It may be a signed vs. unsigned APK issue. My releases have all been unsigned thus far. Maybe a Blackberry update tightened the default restrictions? Are you able to temporarily lower your security settings to allow an unsigned APK to be installed?

I was getting a similar error when I was updating yesterday, but uninstalling the previous version before installing the new one fixed it.

• Like 1

If anyone is still using this app, v1.35 just went live! It includes the changes below. It should auto-update the next time it is run.
Special thanks to Kolath for helping me out with the 2018 updates!

v1.35 (2018-01-28):

• Added "What's New" update dialog.
  • Added January 2018 errata.
  • Added support for Gaining Grounds 2018 encounter generation.
  • Added support for sharing Crews and Encounters through QR codes. Select these options from the Crew Builder or Encounter pages menus. (Note: Only standard encounters are currently supported.)
  • Like 5

18 hours ago, CritterKiller32 said:

• Added support for sharing Crews and Encounters through QR codes. Select these options from the Crew Builder or Encounter pages menus. (Note: Only standard encounters are currently supported.)

Woo!   QR Code functionality was the thing that forced me to use your app less and start using other, worse apps.  (I play with iPhone people)

Having said that, your codes aren't cross compatible with anyone else.  Given that you don't have plans for expanding the app cross-platform etc.  Any chance you'd consider adopting Crewfaux or Bad Things Happen formatting on your own codes?  Then I could use your awesome app and still scan to my friends when we play.

(If I could suggest one in terms of "easy to manage" I'd say Crewfaux, who's QR codes look pretty straight forward.  Bad Things Happens codes are weirdly complicated for reasons I can't quite figure out)

38 minutes ago, Clement said:

Woo!   QR Code functionality was the thing that forced me to use your app less and start using other, worse apps.  (I play with iPhone people)

Having said that, your codes aren't cross compatible with anyone else.  Given that you don't have plans for expanding the app cross-platform etc.  Any chance you'd consider adopting Crewfaux or Bad Things Happen formatting on your own codes?  Then I could use your awesome app and still scan to my friends when we play.

(If I could suggest one in terms of "easy to manage" I'd say Crewfaux, who's QR codes look pretty straight forward.  Bad Things Happens codes are weirdly complicated for reasons I can't quite figure out)

That's a great idea, I hadn't considered that. I had looked at the codes Bad Things Happen was generating and it looked like it had a lot of extra data in there. I tried to keep mine as streamlined as possible.

• Like 1