What is the status of Through the breach for the backers??

WalkingInBlack

(sorry Europe and Aussie folks, I have no concept of what it takes to get a package from the eastern US to your door, so no idea how long from there).

About 2-3 months to Australia, if it's coming by ship (which it usually is). A lot of that is Customs processing time, though fortunately we tend not to get slugged with import duties like some of the Europeans.

Still, it's nice to know it will soon be on its way! I'll be away for a couple of months anyway, so I should have a nice bonus to come back to.

• Like 1

Honestly, the only thing that really angered me was the thought that it might be sold at Gencon before being sent out to backers, because that would have felt a bit like betrayal. While I am glad that the product is getting sent out, it still doesn't make this a well run Kickstarter campaign. I still do not believe Wyrd "get" kickstarter. Nonetheless, great news. Hoping to have the books in time to run the game scheduled for my group next weekend.

• Like 3

About 2-3 months to Australia, if it's coming by ship (which it usually is). A lot of that is Customs processing time, though fortunately we tend not to get slugged with import duties like some of the Europeans.

Still, it's nice to know it will soon be on its way! I'll be away for a couple of months anyway, so I should have a nice bonus to come back to.

I've never had anything take more than 4 weeks to arrive from Wyrd, which has all been sent USPS airmail (didn't USPS cease sea freight anyway?). I still find it odd that something from the UK will get to me in 7 days (occasionally 2 weeks), yet stuff from the West Coast US still takes at least 2 weeks to get here, and from the East coast 2 weeks is unusually quick!.

I've never had anything take more than 4 weeks to arrive from Wyrd, which has all been sent USPS airmail (didn't USPS cease sea freight anyway?). I still find it odd that something from the UK will get to me in 7 days (occasionally 2 weeks), yet stuff from the West Coast US still takes at least 2 weeks to get here, and from the East coast 2 weeks is unusually quick!.

Lucky! Maybe Customs are suspicious of the quantity of stuff I order from overseas. :P

or maybe you're just unlucky :P

I've had one thing stopped by customs/quarantine for inspection (CDs of all things), and that includes some quite large boxes...from memory I've had 3 or 4 boxes take 6 weeks to arrive from the US (or longer, one item I got a refund on then it turned up 3 weeks later), but most things have been either 2 weeks (from California) or 4 weeks (from East Coast).

I do hope that Wyrd isn't shipping via FedEx for international orders cause if so I'll never see my package (I get things shipped to my PO Box rather than a street address unless I've been told otherwise, I don't trust the local mail contractors).

Just can't help but poke the tiger, can you?

Am I glad there's finally a light at the end of the tunnel that is this 19+ month journey (I'll be one of those waiting on a hardcover too :-D )?  Yes.

But 'omg they're delivering now you can all just shut up about it' kind of stances aren't exactly helping salve things over here.

What do you mean... ::poke:: ::poke:: Tigers are cute... :P 

But, in all honestly I am glad we did get some closure.  And I never said your last sentence and if I came off with that tone I apologize.  

And if anyone out there wants to sell their stuff because they are angry I have a few friends that are looking to buy.

Most of the stuff will be available retail / Gencon (also via the Wyrd Store during Gencon) aside from the Hanging Trees, Santana (who was still a perk for orders of $250 or more, before shipping) during the Black Friday through Cyber Monday sale last year), and the Voodoo Doll. Also the hardcover book, but as that's not shipping immediately, it's kinda a moot point, atm.

For the stuff that will be retail, the distributors were under the impression that TtB was due out as a June release, a lot of people have already preordered theirs (at a substantial discount, even).

While I know it bothers other people, I don't mind if it's on sale at GenCon. Basically, because I've been playing it for months already.

The hard copies are almost just a bonus to make sessions a little easier, at this point.

Sure, it's taken longer than planned. But I've not had a point where my group had time to play and couldn't, so it's all worked out from my perspective.

I'm looking forward to having the multi part models, Santana and Hannah, and my little free gift (which is appreciated, as a gesture of goodwill). But I've got plenty of other painting to occupy me until it arrives!

• Like 1

This along with the eventual release of the 2nd wave decks may get Malifaux back on our tables. We are an old fart crew who prefer hard copies and having the correct cards for our models. Seriously, Malifaux has dropped of our menu for 18 months now...maybe even closer to two years! Can't wait to finally have the box of goodies and get a new campaign rolling... Playing lots of shadowrun at the moment. And Destiny Beta (doh).

• Like 1

What do you mean... ::poke:: ::poke:: Tigers are cute... :P 

But, in all honestly I am glad we did get some closure.  And I never said your last sentence and if I came off with that tone I apologize.  

And if anyone out there wants to sell their stuff because they are angry I have a few friends that are looking to buy.

Oh, that obviously wasn't a word for word quote, more a paraphrasing of several different statements that have come up over the last year and a half together, but that did seem to be the sentiment and I'm glad it wasn't intended that way.

That said, people don't have to be angry to be selling stuff.  A friend of mine wanted to buy my second set of books, but since he's running short on cash, I'll likely just be selling one set on the secondary market, along with most of the minis.  Now that my group has all but abandoned Malifaux, I'm more interested in recouping some costs than assembling more minis to sit on a shelf or in a bag.

If nothing else, these are some pretty awesome figures, and they deserve to end up in the hands of people who will lovingly assemble, paint and play with them, rather than tucked in some closet.

Unfortunately, I'm more inclined to sell locally, just to avoid having to deal with paypal or expensive shipping options, but if I toss them on the open market, I'll be sure to mention something around here.

Based on a comment posted on the TtB KS page for the current update we wont be receiving a tracking number so it will just show up at some point between now and start of GenCon. I am cautiously optimistic that Backers will begin posting about receiving their packages in the next few days.

• Like 2

@Mako: cool for you and other like-minded individuals, but I got tired of "beta" after "beta," so HAVE been waiting this whole time to try to get a campaign off the ground. Now, seems like TtB will more then likely arrive around (or maybe even after) GenCon, or at least mine which are hard bound. So... It comes across as being late, and I'm being penalized for pledging more. Just...wholly unimpressed. I'll be at GenCon, and I'll be darn unhappy if people there are able to buy TtB before mine even arrives...

I really hope that Wyrd will inform us about what happening... but that's very unlikely.

The none tracker thing seems like a way to drag things out without us knowing.

This. QFT. It's been how long since the last update with the packed box? Over a week? 10 days? And no one (at least on here has posted that they've gotten one, or heard even a PEEP that one has shipped and is on its way? This is VERY frustrating. It's like over the past year and a half: I think it's a light at the end of the tunnel, but it turns out to be a train.

After previous posts on here and the (ABANDONED) TtB forums, I've tried to keep the vitriol off the web (though my poor group gets to hear about it...sorry Nick & Co!), but come on, guys... another peep would be greatly appreciated!

• Like 1

@Thaarup, I think that was only for those in the States.

What I read made it sound like the backers in America get theirs first and then others outside the States will slowly get theirs with time, but I might have misunderstood that as I'm frustrated with Wyrd putting Kickstarter information in a none Kickstarter area, not the Wyrd forum, not the KS forum and not the Kickstarter updates but a closed Facebook group, that is just not right its frustrating and it makes it hard for me to believe anything is being done... well sorry I just need to get that out, I don't like waiting for something and not getting informed why things are not moving forward as it should have.

I'm look forward for this KS ordeal to end so all this "bad blood" can get out of the way, if Wyrd can get back on track then there shouldn't be any problems... hopefully :)

• Like 4

Didn´t they write that the boxes were going to be send at the end of the month...so still a few days left before they should begin to ship them?

"Our goal is to see all the boxes shipped by the end of the month, miniatures included."

Given that the end of the month is 3.5 days away, one would hope they've at least got some in the mail by now.  Hopefully we'll hear in the next few days either an update stating that they're all on their way, or at least we'll start seeing some backers commenting about getting their stuff.

I can't search for the post right now, but I seem to recall something about the kits being sent out to those furthest away first, to help offset the delays normally caused with international shipping. 

I don't recall seeing that here, in the updates, on the KS forum, or the KS comments.  Though I wouldn't have seen it if it was on the closed Facebook group (ugh).

I can't search for the post right now, but I seem to recall something about the kits being sent out to those furthest away first, to help offset the delays normally caused with international shipping. 

I believe this was pertaining to the delayed M2E stuff from april/may and shipping to distributors and such.

Anyone gotten a package yet?

Also, as I recall, the plan had been to mail out boxes with or without the fixed MPMs.  Then a couple weeks went by and the packages will be going out with the fixed MPMs.

So... it occurs to me that depending on how many weeks the hardcovers were being held off, there could be a risk/chance that the same thing will happen.  As in, wait to put out the Gaming Room/Living Room tiers once the Hardcovers arrive, keeping them all to one package.

Given that a precedent seems to exist, I don't think this is unreasonable speculation.

Guess we'll have a better idea when the triumphant "they've all been mailed out!" update goes out in a couple days.  >.>

Some people on Wyrd Place (the facebook group) got their books already. I remember reading a few posts of people who either got them or got their tracking number.

Forar, found this little gem over at the Wyrd at Gen Con thread.  Thought you would find it....interesting.