What is the status of Through the breach for the backers??

WalkingInBlack

See: http://wyrd-games.net/community/topic/99463-when-will-this-game-be-available-to-non-kickstarters/page-7#entry731817

If it were shipping already, there would have been an update.

There will be an update when everything arrives and things start shipping.  The people in charge of getting everything shipped out are going to be thrilled to death when they get to start shipping things out.

As the link notes, June is the current target, but remains at the whims of fate.  They've said that they expect the warehouse to take a week to knock out the backer boxes (and given that there's only 4 variations to work with, that shouldn't be too difficult, minimal QA and whatnot), so if the stuff arrives in the next 2 weeks we should in theory still be on schedule.

Note: extenuating circumstances may happen, but until they tell us what's going on, we can't know what those may be.  Hence the desired open communications.  Which is to say, no, I'm not doing exactly what Nathan dislikes and holding them to the June target as an absolute, but if they're going to miss it, it'd be nice to hear about it and what's holding things up.  Barring new information, there's no reason not to take them at their word, even tentatively.

So we won't see our things this month it seems.

Well, they did say they anticipated it taking the warehouse a week to mail out the backer boxes, so it's not impossible...

But yeah, I'm not feeling very confident either.  Especially with the warehouse move, delays/issues with getting that finalized, and the fact their normal releases are getting pushed back, I'm not particularly optimistic.

I've asked for an update in other threads, given that our last one was over 5 weeks ago, but it seems they have nothing to share.

I don't think it is so much respect as lack of understanding of Kickstarter ettiquette, combined with an earned(every year post GENCON, if nothing else) feeling that if they say something, and it turns out to be wrong, they will get more complaints than if they say nothing at all.

I've seen it before, with WOTC. If you say nothing, people get frustrated with lack of info. If you say anything, people will take it as anabsolute promise, and you will get actual hate from "breaking" the "promise."

In general, WYrd is better at communication than most companies, but between setbacks, multiple other projects being developed at the same time, and poor Kickstarter communication(at least partially derived from assumptions that everyone who kickstarted it is on here, and only wants concrete"It's on it's way at XX date" news) have really hurt their image on Kickstarter, at least. Honestly, I'm not sure kickstarter was ever the best place for this project, but I think we are at least in the final stages.

• Like 1

I partially agree with you draco but still, there's a lot they could do/have done to ease backers who payed a long time ago and are still waiting.

If they are just waiting for the books, where are some pics of the finished card decks, the multipose models, the fatemasters screen? It would seem they should be ready if all they are waiting for is the books, still not a glimpse of the rest and it would go a long way to calming people down if they get to see what they are waiting on.

• Like 1

Well Star its what we talked about aswell and most likely what you said about gencon and people who basicly given up on this would put their things on ebay for rediclious prices and problaby get it aswell. And now it will just be like you said problaby. Everything suddenly sent out just before that and that also a release for Gencon itself cause we "taken care offcially of the backers stuff" so we don't own them a thing. Besides that this also means all the so called extra books or books that come after this will have the same delay if not longer then the original stuff. so that's an even bigger bummer aswell. Not really looking for 7 books for all the factions but would buy em anyway. However now that aswell will take longer to appear since the official release is at or around genconish.

and i don't agree with draco. Their communication is mostly slow at best tbh. Which is still better then most i agree but i second what star said. Wyrd has the notion to only talk when shit really gets tense. and also a lot of bad ideas on the last 2 years from their part.

Kickstarter something get funded, then suddenly core 2.0 NEEDS to happen cause of hard rules which is not bad for the game but do it in a way you don't hamper the rest. Then the endless testing on that. again not bad but still means longer waits. sometimes weeks or months without any info nor on the books really or on the models we would be getting or anything. then the movement of the stocking house delaying most likely both the kickstarter and their own things. Doesn't look like proper planning to me. Just a rise of 2.0 succes basicly of what everyone is paying for. so yeah.... lots of things that can improve.

• Like 1

For the record, I do not feel they are the most communicative company...just better than most. Personally, I wish they were more like Evil Hat(the people who produce FATE and Fate related products). I didn't even kickstart Atomic Robo, but the monthly newsletter I get from them gave me this little snippet:

Evil Hat

In case you haven’t yet heard, there was a bit of a printing snafu with the Atomic Robo RPG. Never fear; it was caught in time, but it’s bumping out our estimated ship date about a week. We hope to start shipping end of June or beginning of July. Keep an eye on our Twitter and Facebook for more updates. We promise to keep you posted and get you action science-ing and robot punching as soon as we can.

Just saying, I would appreciate something like that, over what we get; still I think that Wyrd have been a lot more communicative than most, and it honestly seems to me that the more hostile people get towards them, the less communicative they become.

Agreed with the thought about hostility. As these boards have become more hostile to staff, the staff have disengaged, and I can't blame them. Not to mention that I bet they're getting a ton of even more hostile grief in private. I can remember seeing Eric and Nathan on here a lot when I first joined, but now it's incredibly rare to see them. People claiming they're not communicative seem to have some kind of absurd expectations of customer and producer. And I'm not even talking miniatures games, I'm talking products in general.

I've backed TTB and, honestly, I am a little frustrated that I have not received the product but things happen

That's kinda as upset as I can be about this sort of thing unless I was straight out told I'm never getting the product or my money back: and that is not the impression I have by any means. 

I'm still looking forward to my books and such and would most likely back the project again given the choice. 

Just my two script on the matter. 

I do feel like its about time for a "Hey, still on boat" or "Jerks at Customs are holding us up" or "boxes just walked into the warehouse. Overtime to infinity next week so you guys get your stuff" come about Monday.

Ultimately, So long as it comes before the indeterminate time some time between late summer and early winter when I move, it will be fine. It is definitely time for a "state of affairs", even if that state is "still on boat".

Ultimately, SO long as I get mine before it is being sold to everyone else, I'll be happy, but...

Not going to lie. Right now, I'm at the point of being anxious for it. You know, the "But I want my precious shinies now!" stage, rather than angry. Honestly, there are one or two kickstarters I haven't heard anything about in half a year or more. This is better, but it does keep that tension of "I hope it comes soon" up.

• Like 2

Ya the newsletter when out there giant shirk rap machine broke and they hope to have it fixed by Monday don't know how that will affect ttb but at least they told people that lol now Nathan I know you check the forums please just send that exact same thing to the kickstarter backers so they know as well becase some of them arnt subscribed to the news letter I bet

• Like 1

Honestly, there are one or two kickstarters I haven't heard anything about in half a year or more. This is better, but it does keep that tension of "I hope it comes soon" up.

Um, you might want to check in on those.  I've been involved in over 2 dozen projects so far, from those that raised 1k to the RR one that's pushing 4m right now.

Not one of them went more than a month and a half without touching base with the users.  Weekly updates are generally unnecessary, but one a month or so seems to be the baseline.

Half a year?  Man, that sounds like they ran with the money.  I'd be inquiring about a chargeback through my credit card if that were the case, at the very least.

Edit: though funnily enough, at nearly 6 weeks, TtB may take the honour of the longest period between updates for me.

Um, you might want to check in on those.  I've been involved in over 2 dozen projects so far, from those that raised 1k to the RR one that's pushing 4m right now.

Not one of them went more than a month and a half without touching base with the users.  Weekly updates are generally unnecessary, but one a month or so seems to be the baseline.

Half a year?  Man, that sounds like they ran with the money.  I'd be inquiring about a chargeback through my credit card if that were the case, at the very least.

Edit: though funnily enough, at nearly 6 weeks, TtB may take the honour of the longest period between updates for me.

Actually, going and checking...Theres one which hasn't updated since January 2012. I might be willing to complain about it, but I only pledged $5. It's sunk cost. Getting stuff is nice, but that really isn't what Kickstarter is about; I fully expect that when I pledge money, there is a chance I get nothing from it—not all startups last, and sometimes projects fail. I am, to a certain degree, gambling on a product. While if I were an investor, I might have concerns about the delays, there is nothing to make me think that TTB won't be produced. The time is relatively irrelevant, outside of "release it for GenCon already so it sells well!"

Republique, another one I went in on, has an average of 4-6 months per update, but has actually released 2 parts for Ipad. I know I'll get my android/PC  version eventually, and nice surprise when I do. Still, I'm happy knowing some people were able to play it because of my help. Getting the product is just gravy.

Would be kinda cool to see some/any pics of the multipose minis... do we even know where in the production process those are? They on the boat with the books? Or did I miss an update on those?

No, you didn't. To the best of my knowledge we haven't seen so much as a CAD pic of these (the main reason that I backed to the extent I did), nor have been told if they're in production, or any ballpark estimate for shipping them. I'm supposed to get 2 male and 2 female, but the closest I've gotten is sketches from over a year ago.

Actually ironmonger we got some what seems like 3d images of the models from the design stage in update 43:

image-320411-full.jpg?1378242607

image-320412-full.jpg?1378242616

image-316540-full.jpg?1377623891

image-316542-full.jpg?1377623931

And that is to my knowledge all we've seen from the parts we're getting that aren't books.

One thing that grabbed my attention though is the size comparison next to the male models. Usually the scale is measured sole of foot to eye-height so that would take out a few mm of the listed size, but it would still seems that these might end up a bit large or are the other malifaux models in the same slightly-larger scale as well?

• Like 2