Dreamer ignorance

Smokey616

That's how I've been playing Alps. TBH my Alps are there for support only, because I've not had much luck with them. Healing 2 wounds or taking a hit for Dreamer is about all I can do with them. If anyone has pulled anything even close to the old Alp bomb off, I'd like to kanal how they set it up.

Well, if the Alps worked how I thought they would, you could do some pretty nifty things with Coppelius slow, and just hitting someone for medium damage from an Alp and some of his friends around.

But if a model more or less ends up being immune to slow, after receiving slow just one time... Then I truly have no idea how or even why you would try to do an Alp bomb.

Ikvar, on 07 Jul 2014 - 10:03 AM, said:

Well, if the Alps worked how I thought they would, you could do some pretty nifty things with Coppelius slow, and just hitting someone for medium damage from an Alp and some of his friends around.

But if a model more or less ends up being immune to slow, after receiving slow just one time... Then I truly have no idea how or even why you would try to do an Alp bomb.

Well, they are only 3 SS models. (Or potentially free summons.) But yeah, I definitely have found them rather disappointing compared to Night Terrors or Guild Hounds. I think they do still have some utility, since they also can offer up healing support. They also fill more fitting in a Pandora list than a Dreamer crew, unless you are focusing on using Surrounded by Nightmares to really bring the pain. But without the speed/offense of Hounds, or the durability of Terrors, they really are little more than speedbumps to the opponent. They've got the potential to get out of control if the enemy does start failing duels and spawning more Alps, but that takes a lot of setup and a lot of luck to make happen - and even then, doesn't really offer much of a payoff.

I really think Alps should have been 2ss. I have never seen one hired. I think they are great for summoning, but a point decrease might see them turn up in other crews without making the Dreamers card summons too good. Maybe 2ss peons would break the game, but I imagine it wouldn't be that ridiculous. I find them incredibly useful just to get in the way and tie up melee threats. Haven't yet tried to make the Alp Bomb work though. Plan on trying it with Insidious Madness, Coppelius, and Widow Weaver next time Turf War comes up with appropriate schemes.