Help me base my Rotten Belles.

warpigdave

I painted my Rotten Belles M2E, I painted some nice looking Victorian Bases, I glued the Belles on and they fell off.  I then tried green stuff under their feet.  Let it dry for 2 day, picked up up today and it came off.  What can I do?  Maybe my green stuff is old or is didn't have an appropriate mixture to harden?  I did just do a small dab under each foot then trimmed away the excess.  I'm kind of ruining my bases by keep rebasing my Belles.  At this point I'm about to just put a large dab under them, but it then that wouldn't look very good.  Please help.

I painted my belles and their bases seperatly like you did, so I pinned them. They have annoyingly dainty barbie feet and heels on, so I sank the pin into the arch of the foot. It still can't be seen unless you get right in there.

Next time I base something like that (looking at you Doxy) I'll probably just chop the high heel off entirely and replace it with the pin. That's a "before painting" kind of choice though.

As an experiment, my nurses are getting glued to metal bases before painting and no pins. Hopefully they hold.

• Like 1

I also agree regarding the pinning. In my area we have a store called Lee Valley which is a great distributor of things for modelers. Getting a pin drill that's small enough, and some modeling wire and you can thread a pin through the foot of even the daintiest model (short of say, Candy) and pin them in hard enough that it'll take some doing to smack them off.

As for other options: Rasp between the two (or score them with a model knife), and then use superglue: Less is more with both super- and plastic glue. This'll make a stronger bond and seal them.

Spectre: Which parts were you thinking of magnetizing? Coffins to backs, or models to bases? If it's the latter, I'm not certain you'll have enough room to make the bond worth it.

I'd say grab a variety of sizes. my most common used are 1/8 inch cylinders, all the way down to ones maybe 1mm deep by 1 or 1.5 mm diameter. The larger, the stronger (of course) so it really depends on overall weight.

I then tried green stuff under their feet.  Let it dry for 2 day, picked up up today and it came off.  What can I do?  Maybe my green stuff is old or is didn't have an appropriate mixture to harden?  I did just do a small dab under each foot then trimmed away the excess.

Did you use superglue as well? I mean, green stuff by it's loneone is a bad adhesive but when combine with superglue, it forms a pretty good bond.