Murder on the Rails: a Gencon Pick-up game

Brewmaster

So, I've been working on a little project, and I think it's almost ready to share. I want to run a pick-up game to introduce people to Through the Breach. And what better way to do that than with a totally unofficial one-shot "Murder on the Rails". It will be a murder mystery set in a train car taking people to Malifaux for the first time. I will provide pre-generated characters, and the group fate deck. Everyone else will just need to bring a fate deck of their own.

People who are interested, post here!

I'd certainly be interested, but I've already played enough sessions of TtB that it won't be an "introduction" for me - if there are people who've never played that are clamouring for a go then I'll happily step aside.

If you get tons of interest, let me know - I could potentially be Storyteller for a second group at the same time instead.

Guys just an FYI Wyrd is possibly looking for Fatemasters to run official events for them at GenCon.  Instead of doing a pick up game would you be willing to run a longer event for Wyrd?  

I am not a Wyrd rep by any means but, if you have interest I would suggest you let Justin know.

Thanks.

I'll have to take you up on that Kadeton. The big thing I'm trying for this is an unofficial Penny Dreadful, so I imagine other people being able to follow and run it might be useful or something, eh?

I have sent in a "hey I'm this guy off the street who wouldn't mind helping yo" notice, but I'm still up for at least meeting fellow gamers and running something fun :)

I would absolutely love to take part in this. I have literally no idea how the game works or how to play it but I've been super interested in trying it out ever since I discovered it (which was unfortunately after the kickstarter had ended). I plan on attending GenCon with a friend or two and I'm pretty sure they would be interested in playing, so that might be two or three people who would love to participate but I'm definitely 100% for this event if you actually hold it  :D

I would love to be part of this, and I have about maybe 4 others who would also be interested. So a group of 5.

Let me know a time and place, or post a link to the event. We'd be happy to give generic tickets, or like..food and red bull. Whatever currency is acceptable.

Well compensation is a big "Not so much". I'm not employed by Wyrd so I'm fairly certain there's prolly some 'not coolness' about accepting. Honestly I just want people to like the system as much as I do so I have no problem running some fun stuff :)

I will definitely post info once I figure out the best way to run this.

• Like 1

RIGHT... So here's the little bits I can put up: I've talked to Nathan, and once I get the final approval, I will post a PDF of the pregenerated characters for this game in the Downloads section. You'll want to grab that for my game, but I'll have a few analogs if you don't. AND NOW... The Prologue for this one-shot (prologues are what the FM uses to set the scene, give you guys hints where the story is going, and so on):

"Case Report - August 15, 1897

Marshal Gideon Hawke on duty for the incident

The following report details the incident which occurred on Her Majesty's Rail, Line 212 as it traveled into Malifaux for the last time. I have included statements from the surviving passengers, and attempted to reconstruct the events that occurred as accurately as possible. Now I know that "Neverborn" is a popular turn of phrase to use, but it should be noted that the line's point of origin was Earthside. The creature at the center of the attack came with the passengers.

Meet the Passengers: Frank and Sadie Reed

http://img4.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20130718135826/baccano/images/f/fc/Isaacmiria.png

Frank and Sadie are are dilettantes of the occult and mysterious. Equally at home exploring the bottom of their liquor cabinet as they are a new found Egyptian temple, they travel for excitement and intrigue. Naturally the promise of a centuries worth of mysteries in Malifaux since the first breach closed would bring our couple with lightning speed. Their wit is about as dry as their martinis, and more than one person has described them as "odd ducklings". Frank handles writing about their adventures, where Sadie covers the direct contact with occultism.