lucias is evil

izikial

so, Lucias is a neverborn, I don't mean he is in the faction as he is a conniving son of a gun I mean he IS a never born. now I assume this is basically common knowledge, but I posture that he like mr graves and mr tanner are a host for something as the all are considered mimics, so then we take into account the fact that the governor is silly powerful, and most believe him to be a tyrant (players not the citizens of malifaux), so I think Lucias is a host body carrying a bit of power provided by the governor tyrant. it is also possible that the governor isn't a tyrant but some one/thing trying to become a tyrant, this fits slightly more inline with the neverbornyness. I am not a huge lore nerd, but I believe recalling that the neverborn don't like the tyrants, as the tyrants keep trying to take over and mess things up (sort of like the humans have but on a bigger scale) and the neverborn are happy just doing there day to day and don't want the tyrants. so it is possible that the governor is a never born who infiltrated the guild in the early days and has been running it ever since using lucias as a face, and collecting power.

there is one less interesting idea, that lucias is the neverborn mole and his is grimier wormtounging the governor, but I don't like that approach as much.

so thoughts, insults, what are we thinking 

partita has a possible neverborn mother, and zoraider is a human who became neverborn so could possibly mother a child, two possible neverborn parent ideas. the governor could be a neverborn in a smimler manner to Lilith and hence looks very human, I finde the fact that lucias always wares a mask a bit suspicious, maybe hes a burns victim and wishes to conceal his face, maybe he has a demon neverborn face?

In book three, Nicodem and McMourning share an interesting chat that never gets redressed.

In it they look at a cadaver that appears to be hundreds of years old.

It is far older than the first instance of the Breach.

McMourning also mentions that the body's physiology is remarkably similar to both Neverborn and human.

Food for thought.

My personal theory is Neverborn ARE humans. Essentially, a long, long time ago, a human tribe wandered through a random portal and settled down and created Malifaux. The current Neverborn are the results of the various magic fallout caused by the Tyrants.

I think the Governor is a human trying to become a Tyrant.

Lucious, I suspect is a little more complex. We know there are other portals. There has to have been some remaining connection, or possibly some Neverborn got stuck on Earthside 100 years ago. This would explain Perdita's mother (if the Neverborn theory is true). Little Lucious would have grown up Earthside which would easily explain his divided loyalties. It's also quite possible the Governor saved him personally.

Lastly, I don't have book on me at the moment, but I didn't think Mr. Tannen or Mr. Graves were hosts. I thought they were wearing disguises.

A thought that's crossed my mind, given the Neverborn dislike of Tyrants, was that perhaps Lucius is a Neverborn playing the long game, as it were; by placing himself (or taking directly by killing the man who was Lucius and replacing him) at or near the head of the Guild, he can control the actions of the Guild to guide them towards Neverborn interests (specifically, the interest of being anti-Tyrant).

• Like 1

Let's look at 2 things real quick. Lucius and the Scribe. Both of them are actually dual faction. The rest of his crew box are not. My theory is that Lucius is a Neverborn who was trapped earthside when the first breach closed. The mask isn't for concealing his face because he is disguised Just like Graves and Tannen but rather for concealing his age, or lack there of.

Do we know how long Neverborn can live? Or how fast they age? Looking at Lucius it's hard to pinpoint his age. Probably because his costume doesn't age. The mask would be able to hide that fact.

They are never seen in the same place at the same time...

Uh, that was a fun fan theory last game, but actually it's pretty easy now that they're part of the same faction and not both masters, and even in last edition could be taken together if Lucius and Hoffman were working together, since there was that rule where Hoffman could take coppellius.

Let's look at 2 things real quick. Lucius and the Scribe. Both of them are actually dual faction. The rest of his crew box are not. My theory is that Lucius is a Neverborn who was trapped earthside when the first breach closed. The mask isn't for concealing his face because he is disguised Just like Graves and Tannen but rather for concealing his age, or lack there of.

Do we know how long Neverborn can live? Or how fast they age? Looking at Lucius it's hard to pinpoint his age. Probably because his costume doesn't age. The mask would be able to hide that fact.

Lilith seems to be at least 1000 years old, so it's very possible that if Lucius was trapped Earthside he could also be of similar age.

Once it was announced that he was Neverborn, I figured that he was also a Nephilim, but that doesn't seem to be the case.  I'd assume that Mimic is another "race" and he's their Lilith.

I'd also assume he's playing the long game and that the Governor is either possess by or being manipulated by a Tyrant, much like the Grave Spirit is using the Resurrectionists for his plans.

Though it should be noted that there are a lot of Tyrants in play now and they all seem to have confliced agendas.  One even works with the Neverborn now, so there's no telling what each master's endgame might be.

Well, we don´t know much about the bagground story of Earth either? For all we know, there could be similar entities to the Tyrants/Demi-Gods/Deities/Demons on Earth as well and the Governor could be such a being.

There could also be a lot more Mimics/Neverborn Earthside and some of those in places of control/leadership.  

• 2 weeks later...

the corpelius thing

I thought it would have been a great twist but you cn now take them both in a crew.

That and they both were different styles of tail coat... a shadow, an echo perhaps.

the tyrant thing

From what I understand or atleast how I read the books.

The tyrants were neverborn or atleast part of one of the races now under the faction "never born".

Lucius is well aware of the governors nature, so I don't think the anti tyrant thing works, assuming the governor is a tyrant.

The Neverborn are loosely allied and do not all share the same agenda.

Lucius may not be entirely loyal to the governor. 

Granted 2.0 has changed some characters personalities(Teddy..) but I can atleast hope Lucius is so cunning you can call him a weasel and put a tail on him.

In which case I believe he's playing a game with both factions playing them off against each other, firstly to assist in raising the governor as a tyrant and then in usurping him and his power.

Wishful thinking perhaps.

Once it was announced that he was Neverborn, I figured that he was also a Nephilim, but that doesn't seem to be the case. I'd assume that Mimic is another "race" and he's their Lilith.

Forgive my sense of humour but.....

I'd prefer not to imagine Lucius squat in a puddle of his own bodily fluids excreting mimics...

Sorry, couldn't help it.

I think that lucius is a VAMPIRE looking his old fashioned XVIII century clothes, the rules for 1st edition and the new rules he has most of the charecteristics that had been longly atributted to the bloodeaters:

-The first edition lucius rules were closely to the undead rules.

-The 2 edition rules bring him the chance to extract power from the life of other minions.

-He has the aesthetics, the charm and the mistery from camilla and dracula.

-He has probably living in malifaux from a long time.

-He is a NB but still human.

Well, that is my opinion. The other option that i was comtemplating is that lucius is the Count Germaine, the last man standing, the immortal.

Personal belief is that the Governor is a decendant of a neverborn human union, much how it is hinted Perdita might be.  Their eyes did the same thing when the Red Star fell though Perdita fell into a coma as well *but she was near ground zero of the Event too*.  Also I am guessing that Lucius is strait 100% neverborn and was caught on the otherside of the Breach when it closed.  If this is true than I am guessing he might have groomed the Governor's line for the task when it reopened and in doing so put them both into a position of power.  The mask could be to hide his neverborn heritiage as well as prevent people from being able to guess his age in any persona *I imagine he has changed names a couple times*.

We know that Neverborn don't necessarily age the same as humans.  Lilith and Nekima were both around when the Breach was closed, and that was over 100 years ago.  More so Zoraida said to Lilith at one point that she exactly the same as when she met her, while Lilith remembers Zoraida as a young human.    I suspect that at least the ruling class of Neverborn, or even the majority of them, have very lengthy life spams.  So it would be feasable that if Lucius is a Neverborn he easily could have lived on Earth for the 100 years between the Breach closing and then opening.  Why is he only now working with the other Neverborn, I suspect it is a matter of power.  Lucius and the Governor might well want to be on the top, no matter the side, thus they favored the humans they controlled over the Neverborn leaders that wound not bow or might even consider them lesser.  Any alliance now might only be because the Tyrants are a worse threat, not to mention on shaky ground as the Neverborn are a very divided Faction.

• Like 1