Through the Never: Malifaux Painting Log

jediguru

I've been eyeballing Malifaux for some time now and recently picked up my first models and played my first game. I absolutely love the models and am taking this opportunity to create a painting log for all my Malifaux miniatures. I'm starting the game with the new Lady Justice crew, The Guild's Judgement.

First up is the totem, Scales of Justice

P1020322.JPG

P1020315.JPG

• Like 4

Thanks everyone for the kind comments. 

@Renen: subtle OSL like this is actually not too hard. First, just paint the model like you normally would. The only tricky part is determining what shade of color to use for the glow. For fire I use a bright orange mixed with a little bit of yellow and watered down a fair bit. Then I just go back and hit areas where the glow from the fire would be. Start conservatively, you can always add more to it. Stick to just raised areas and edges. In this case the tops of the chain links, bottom of the beam directly below the flames and just the very most raised edges of cloth and the tips of nails nearby. There are plenty of tutorials online for OSL. Give it a try. I've only actually done it a few times myself.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Very nice, I really like how they turned out. The bright blue flames add a nice contrast to other colors that you've chosen. I'd probably try to add a darker shade of blue to the edges of the flames and touch them up with a little bit of pure black but that's just me ;)

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 3 years later...

Found a group recently that's about a 45-60 minute drive but it's something. I won't get in a ton of games but I'll occasionally make the drive.
Got in my first game last week in over a year so it inspired me to put some paint to my Malifaux models again. Got some stalkers finished up in short order.

Malifaux+Witchling+Stalkers.jpg

• Like 3