Future of TtB

mrhobbitino

In terms of specific TtB miniatures, there's the multi-part model sprues that I believe were intended to go to retail at some point, but beyond that I don't know. THe game doesn't need them, so there's no guarantees. 

There are plans for six supplements, which from what was said during the kickstarter will cover things like the wars earthside, playing as nephilim, undead, gremlins etc and possibly going beyond fate to avatar levels.

Then there's the penny dreadfuls, which will be story/adventure supplements if memory serves.

If you look at Chronicles 11, there's also a new advanced pursuit so that's another avenue of expansion that's being explored.

All in all, quite a bit of stuff planned.

The future of my TTB stuff will be ebay. 

Not going to spend another single dime on this after the horrific handling of the Kickstarter after the campaign ended.

I guess for each one leaving at least one more will be joining. I regret missing the Kickstarter but intend on buying the books as they appear.

I also think the terms First World problem and hyperbole are absolutely essential to fully comprehend your use of the word 'horrific'.

wave

ad

• Like 2

Quite a bit actually, expansions, books, penny dreadfuls (adventures) additional Wyrd Chronicles content and the like.

More on that next month though with some additional announcements.

I honestly just can't wait to get my hands on the lore... I always had qualms about the card mechanic of the game (but I do appreciate unique things.) However, the lore to malifaux is so fun and interesting. To know that this much cannonacial lore is coming out is exciting.

The future of my TTB stuff will be ebay. 

Not going to spend another single dime on this after the horrific handling of the Kickstarter after the campaign ended.

So, deny yourself whatever coolness is to be had because it took too long to come in and updates didn't come out when you wanted them? Isn't that like cutting off your nose to spite your face? I guess that's the instant gratification generation.

Alrighty, lets be nice folks, across the board if we can please.

Some folks are justifiably upset because it took us longer than expected. Some grumble due to not getting weekly updates of 'stay on target, staaaay on target' (sorry, I'm in a early Star Wars mood this morning). And then there are folks who are just pleased to see it come to fruition, get some goodies which we hope everyone likes and thankful the damn thing didn't go on longer than it has. 

It's all good. Some folks will like it. Others will give it a big 'meh'. Some will actively hate and scream from every alley and street corner. 

Either way, I'm pretty proud of the work that has gone into this and more to than anything, this has allowed us that additional stepping stone for future jaunts into the world of Malifaux, lore, and just fun ol' exploring of folks imaginations in this setting. I'm not going to say that we hit every lick and knocked it all out of the ballpark, but for the future plans that we have for Through the Breach in expansions, writing and adventures ... I'm really looking forward to that and hope to have you folks along for the ride. 

Anyhow, if we can, lets be civil. If you decide to ebay it off the moment it comes in, pop the link here, I think there would be some folks that would be quite happy to pick it up. 

• Like 3

I'm thrilled to finally have the books come in. Gaming from PDF as sole reference is terrible and my group loves the game. Also stoked about the fancy fate deck.

If you care enough to read them, Nathan, my group has a face character who has been a bit disappointed in the lack of advanced social pursuits. As a result, he and I are working together to create three distinct social focused advanced pursuits which I would love to see represented officially at some point (even if only add having provided inspiration)

Sure, if you have suggestions feel free to send them along. That being said, we'll have someone popping on here soon and talking with everyone about it and get some thoughts/insights as there are good ideas everywhere and if its something we can put into future supplements, wyrd chronicles, web articles or penny dreadfuls, we'll see what we can do.

• Like 1

Wish I had jumped on the kickstarter when it happened...

I will be buying all things TtB when they are released.

Manny if you're looking to get a game in, I am hoping to run a campaign once I have the physical books. I know its a little far, but we may be able to do a once a month weekend thing or something. I have all the PDFs now and will have two sets of the books coming.

Regardless, I am planning on running it (even though I've never run an RPG).  Maybe we can do a kick-off / character creation at CaptainCon?

To be on topic.....I am in the camp of people who feel that we can't complain. It is/was a Kickstarter, part of backing something is to show support early and believe in something before it is completely done. To help get it 'over the hill' if you will. I prescribe to the concept that patience is a virtue. I look forward to receiving my physical books this week (or in 3 months at Gencon, or in 6 months).

P.S. Now my Hannah model is a different story (just saying :D) Tara misses her burying compadre. 

I guess for each one leaving at least one more will be joining. I regret missing the Kickstarter but intend on buying the books as they appear.

I also think the terms First World problem and hyperbole are absolutely essential to fully comprehend your use of the word 'horrific'.

wave

ad

You are welcome to my copies of the books.

For the full Kickstarter experience you will have to give me the money now, and I will send them to you in January next year. Except that I will let that date pass by without informing you about it. I'll actually send them out in October 2015. Maybe.

Any takers?

You are welcome to my copies of the books.

For the full Kickstarter experience you will have to give me the money now, and I will send them to you in January next year. Except that I will let that date pass by without informing you about it. I'll actually send them out in October 2015. Maybe.

Any takers?

Just curious, when you signed up for the kickstarter did you have to have an account that permitted you activity on the forums? Just asking because most backers appear to have accounts that go back a bit further than the 5th Mar 2014 and have made more then just the 4 posts you have made. If your offer is legitimate and you are actually a backer, does it include all the other items you received as a backer as well as the books and does it include postage of all the items to my address? I eagerly await your response.

Kind Regards,

Ad

Just curious, when you signed up for the kickstarter did you have to have an account that permitted you activity on the forums? Just asking because most backers appear to have accounts that go back a bit further than the 5th Mar 2014 and have made more then just the 4 posts you have made. If your offer is legitimate and you are actually a backer, does it include all the other items you received as a backer as well as the books and does it include postage of all the items to my address? I eagerly await your response.

Kind Regards,

Ad

No, I did not have an account here when I backed the kickstarter. I only signed up here when Wyrd refused to post updates on kickstarter regularly, in the hopes of getting information here that they did not seem necessary to share with their backers.

I have backed at the Living Room level, and everything included in that is up for grabs, as are a dozen or so different Malifaux gangs (the older metal versions). After seeing Wyrd treating people who gave them money to support them with no respect, I have no interest in the stuff anymore. The fun has been sucked right out of it, and I have no wish to support this company in any way in the future.

Postage is not included, though. Shipping the stuff to Australia I think I'd make a loss.

Since it seems to be a topic of discussion, I backed at the Gaming Room tier myself, and will have parts to sell off as well.

I intend to keep one set of books, a pair of the MPMs and a fate deck, but it's likely the rest will go up for sale.  Preference will likely be shown to locals first, just so I can avoid having to deal with Paypal and/or shipping.  I'd really looked forward to having some new/rare figures for the collection, but since my group only plays Malifaux a few times a year at this point, I'd rather the models ended up in good hands rather than collecting dust (in their boxes) on a shelf somewhere.

Edit: which is kind of funny.  Give or take, that's basically what the starter tier is getting (well, minus the MPMs I suppose), and had I gone in for that ~$88 instead of $270, I probably wouldn't have been nearly as concerned or cranky about this all.

Oh well, hindsight is 20/20 and all.

I am very recently come to the Malifaux world and thus completely missed the Kickstarter, is there any chance the book(s?) will be available at GenCon this year? I'm already planning on giving Wyrd a lot of my money, a little more couldn't hurt!

Acrimony and nerdrage regarding lack of communication aside (justified, mind you), this game is really really good. If you have a good gaming group, you guys will lurve it.