For Wyrd staff regarding "skeeters" in Somer's box

Abbazabba1920

This is pretty much it.

I believe there will be two skeeters in the box and they will not be sold separately.

While it is theoretically possible to end up with 3 skeeters, it means you killed a model with an attack that has 0 weak damage, got the trigger, took both skeeters, and hadn't lost one yet that game (because if one dies, you can just use that model). That's...very unlikely, and not worth including a third and driving up the price of the box or releasing a SKU retailers will never be able to move. Plus I'm sure the metal ones will be floating around for quite a while. :)

Well, I'm glad I already have 4 perfectly acceptable alternative sculpts then :)

Also, I'm thinking that depending on the price of a stand-alone Bayou Gremlin box it won't be *that* uncommon that Somer players would want to buy 2x starters anyway if they really want the extra Skeeters.  Can't have enough BGs and I'm sure there will be a reasonable secondary market for the duplicate Lenny model (and to a lesser extent maybe even Somer).  If I was a new player, I'd definitely consider it.

While it is theoretically possible to end up with 3 skeeters, it means you killed a model with an attack that has 0 weak damage, got the trigger, took both skeeters, and hadn't lost one yet that game (because if one dies, you can just use that model). That's...very unlikely, and not worth including a third and driving up the price of the box or releasing a SKU retailers will never be able to move. Plus I'm sure the metal ones will be floating around for quite a while. :)

We'll have to agree to disagree on this one because it really isn't that difficult to churn out extra Skeeters. It doesn't even really require any extra effort for a standard Som'er summon factory. Pull My Finger even makes spamming them a viable strategy.

Another thing to consider is that if the Somer starter box is the only place to get Lenny in M2E, then you'll likely see a lot of Gremlin players that want to run other masters pickup the box.  Those that aren't interested in Somer likely may be looking to recoup costs by selling him and/or the Skeeters off.  So there may also be a secondary market for extras of them in that way.

We'll have to agree to disagree on this one because it really isn't that difficult to churn out extra Skeeters. It doesn't even really require any extra effort for a standard Som'er summon factory. Pull My Finger even makes spamming them a viable strategy.

Agreed. If they were supposed to be Rare 2 they should've been Rare 2.
  • Like 1