Neverborn Project.

Mike_Mee

Hello one and all! With the idea of collecting all the Edition 2 Neverborn, I thought I'ld post my efforts here for you all to enjoy/critique. It's gonna be photo heavy WIP joy! So watch out.

Lets start with a base, and a Teddy to go with it!

05-05-142.jpg

Teddy likes three hugs :-)

05-05-14.jpg

• Like 2

Cheers for the replies guys and maybe gals, nice to see people care :(

Anyway.... Bit of a boring update, but it's a must to make the crew look cool, the start of my Pandora crew bases.

09-05-142.jpg

Hope you like, anyone who wants a step by step, you only need ask :P

Regards

Mike Mee

I do have a question, actually... Since the 30mm Ghost Town Base Accessories are becoming more and more scarce as of late, I was thinking of sculpting my own. So what type of white card is that you're using for your wood planks? 

Plastic card! You wound me sir ;-) It's actually wooden coffee stirers that I liberated from McDonalds, for a more autentic look :-)

I'm guessing by the 'mat' you mean the black bit underneath? I first super glue them to plasti card, the real thin stuff. Then, for example, I'm doing the Poltagise base, grab a 45mm base and cut around it with a very sharp blade, this requires alot of paitence ;-)

The great thing about the Malifaux bases is that smaller bases can fit inside them, so it's easy to cut the rigth size planks to fit inside your bases, I'll do a quick 'how I did it' tutorial tomorrow if I have time :-)

No excuses!!!  Naaaa, s'all good!  One question for you though, do you 'butt' the planks up together or do you leave a bit of room between each?

Cheers,

Ren

A bit of both, looks more random and grotty for Neverborn bases. Depends on the look you are going for though, random for derelict neat for, well neat ;-)

So, I promised a 'how I did it' tutorial on how I did my base for my Teddy, finally got back around to working on my own stuff for a change, so I cut out some bases and took a few pictures on the go. So......

Step One, planks of wood. The first step is quite simple, get a piece of plasti card, then wack a load of coffee stirrers onto it with super glue so it slightly resembles wooden planks. Go to your local McDonalds or Costa and get liberating.

09-05-142.jpg

Step Two, Cutting out. By far, the most tedious part of making these bases, is cutting the buggers out. Start with a fresh blade and place a 25mm base on top of your planks, securing it down with blue tac. You can use super glue to be on the safe side, but it will run into your wooden planks and ruin the grain effect. Then, slowly and carefully cut around the base until it pops out, nice and circular.

26-05-143.jpg

Step Three, Smoothing off, gluing in. Now, you may find that your nice round insert is a tad too big for the base, not to worry, crack that sanding paper out and take all your frustration out on that insert, which will build up cutting the buggers out. You'll need to shave about half a mm off all around the insert so I fits in, but, it's worth all that hard work as the end result looks kick ass! I didn't have this issue with the Teddy base which was weird, but never mind. Then glue that bad boy in and stick a model on it :D

26-05-14.jpg

BOOM!

If your lucky, next time I'll show you how to paint a nice crusty old wooden floor boards for you models to look pretty on, until next time

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

Hello all! Sorry I have been gone from the forum for a while, various combinations of different stuff has caused me to take a hiatus from painting cool Malifaux miniatures. But alas I have painted something, finally ;-)

20140929_201456.jpg

20140929_201502.jpg

20140929_201447.jpg

20140929_201548.jpg

Until the next blue moon I will post some more ;-) Chow!

• Like 1