Fuhatsu. What are people's impressions?

Basically, what the title says, I just bought Fuhatsu and I'm eager to put him on the table, I've also seen there is barely any discussion about our machinegun wielding madman.

So basically I was hoping to get some discussion going with people that have actually fielded him. Is the 2 AP action a huge selling point or cornercase? He seem pretty like he should be focusing and shooting all the time to get that juicy moderate and severe on the table. This makes me think his best buddies are Shenlong for the easy focus, McCabe for the nimble (though he does lose out on the pushes) and Brewmaster thanks to being able to move him with Obey and debuffing targets with hangover so it's easier to cheat damage.

This is of course theory, so please add your own knowledge and impressions to the bucket.

I used him on Thursday and he made really good ranged support for Mei Feng.

I used him for overwatch vs a 10T Misaki Crew at 30ss and sat him just back from the scoring area in Turf war until I needed the extra body. Mei did her thing (ending up causing havoc in the opponents deployment zone turn 1), a Metal Gamin & rail worker sat to claim on strategy while giving a soft(er) target in the open to pull a big gun in for Frame for Murder from the worker while Fuhatsu slowly waddled up taking potshots at anybody who strayed into scoring range & wasn't engaged.

Since he was difficult to take out and wasn't actively scoring until late in the game, he got pretty much ignored which allowed me to walk into position & shoot with him in 3 turns, killing a model each time he did so.

Can't comment on the (2) action yet as I only used it once that game and flipped no higher than a 4 vs a torokage :(

Will probably get some more games in with him on Sunday. I'm eager to try Recalled Training on him and/or use him alongside McCabe.

He is a tank. Armor 2 hard to wound. Most days he takes one damage lol. His gun by itself is good. But the two action if you decent cards can chew through people. Burn a stone for the ram. Shoot away cheat high if need be. Not always the best choice but can takedown many weak things.

I used with him Mei v Rezzers and had him buffed to Df6 by a Metal Gamin.  He was a brilliant bastion, i was able to hide Mei, Kang and an Archer behind him away from Belle's lure.  My opponent was forced to come to me to deal with the shooting that was being buffed by Kang.  It was over in 3 turns.

Another game v Lilith he was tangle shadowed to his doom and suffice to say i lost that game.

I've faced him across the table a lot. He's scary! Hefty ranged damage, and really hard to hurt.

What I've mostly done to oppose him is try to gum him up with models in melee. He can push them away, but that can fail, and he can't shoot when someone's nearby.

Have you find that Fuhatsu is hard to get rid of or does he falter quick once engaged?

I played him against a guild crew, Fuhatsu was able to wipe out two Rifleman, a Guard, a Witchling Stalker, and bring an Austringer down to 1 wound. most of these hits were for moderate damage so they were one hit kills against the Guild. My Opponent didn't like him and did everything in his power to get rid of him but pulling a severe on Juggernaut didn't help his cause. 

To answer your question, he is very useful with either wiping models off the board or being a big enough distraction where your other models can go about their business to secure VP.

I might be able to try Fuhatsu out tonight in a Vassal game, anybody got some pointer? :)

From what I have seen and gathered to use him you really need to know what options your master and crew bring him.  Prime example noted is that McCabe can give him pushes from throwing him upgrades, and even give him nimble or a Melee attack.  Other examples include Mei Feng giving him Df6 from Metal Gamin, Yan Lo can heal him with his (0) and with Trancendence give him a further +2 Armor for Armor +4, Misaki can use Downburst on him to free him from combat, for Lynch he can flip alot of cards to get those Aces plus Lynch and Huggy are great for removing models trying to tie him up, Brewmaster can throw out Negative flips for people or Reduce Willpower making it harder for them to resist his 'Madman with a gatling gun', and Shenlong can do all sorts of stuff from pushing, giving him fast, heal, blast to clear models, and what not.

Also models like Yamaziko or an Ashigaru can throw curve balls for you with Brace Yari, as no one wants to charge a model protected by Brace Yari.  The D

Recall Training can also give him one Big Activation if you plan it right.  If used after you have leveled their hand or have the Black Joker in hand you can potientally get several shots with his 2 AP attack or just do his normal attack twice so you can cheat in moderate damages.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Yesterday I had him in a game with Mei Feng against Perdita. He killed Nino right away, boxed a Witchling, dropped Francisco to one HP and forced Perdita to keep the distance to him. I put the bodyguard scheme on him with a Metal Gamin to his side and he survived the game till the end. Additionally a gave him broken promises and recalled training and both upgrades were the right decision.

He's lots of fun to play!!!

Yesterday I had him in a game with Mei Feng against Perdita. He killed Nino right away, boxed a Witchling, dropped Francisco to one HP and forced Perdita to keep the distance to him. I put the bodyguard scheme on him with a Metal Gamin to his side and he survived the game till the end. Additionally a gave him broken promises and recalled training and both upgrades were the right decision.

He's lots of fun to play!!!

That's quite impressive.

Fuhatsu is amazing. He's done so much work for me. One shot baby kade in my last game as well as blasting off sorrows with ease. He's also been able to survive a beating for jack daw with his heal, armour and hard to wound keeping him up.

It's a hard decision to leave him at home.

Not to mention the model is probably my favourite one in the entire range, the renders dont do it justice.

I just finished painting Fuhatsu last night, so I'll be taking him out with Misaki on sunday. Depending on the schemes in play, I envision sitting tight for the first 2 turns while he sprays the enemy down. Then I'll spring the torakage at anything that comes to tie up Fuhatsu. I'll summarize the action for you next week to compare my expectations with actual results.