Fuhatsu. What are people's impressions?

Yes, he is only almost perfect - because the perfect target for Take Prisoner is the Jackalope. All hail the true Malifaux god, the Immortal Jackalope!
 Anyway, there is a reason why I insist on playing Fuhatsu. It's the same reason I keep trying with Yan Lo, as I did with Lucius before - because it's challenging. Not that there aren't better models. It's just that in Ten Thunders I feel like if I play my cards right and make my decisions well I can always do well, no matter what I take - and that speaks well for the fraction. This is also why I gave up McGabe - he makes EVERYTHING better, AND can probably cover any model's flaws and weaknesses. This isn't really fun (for me) - you take the model, and you learn how to play it, with all it's strengths and weaknesses. When you are going down hard, sweating from the pressure, secretly (or not so much) cursing, and you have to dig yourself out from 6 feet under, you might just figure out the brilliant getaway. If not, at least you learned what NOT to do next time ;) Well, that's my 5 cents at least.
Anyway, Fuhatsu is bad. Quite bad. Some games he has done -nothing- except take up 10SS and deal maybe two damage. Others he has given fast and focus to my Oiran more then once, killed an expensive model or two first turn, and gotten me 3 VP from Bodyguard. It's doable, and so gratifying when you pull it out. Word of caution though: Don't take him with Misaki. She likes self-sufficient models. He ain't it.

• Like 1

I'll take out Fuhatsu to screw around, but Envy does what he does plain betterbetter, and not because he is op...

As for Yan Lo, I don't really buy the bad rap he gets, seems solid to me and the emissary really gives hima big push. I also like that you can take anything with him and it works. I do play him as a bruiser though, going for spirit or ash, then bone and start generating mayhem

I haven't seen any of the wave 3 models bar Shadow Emissary and Jorogumo as someone sent me the info. Envy being better then Fuhatsu is a bummer, but expected - who would make a great-looking mercenary model subpar? :PAh well, at least Fuhatsu looks awesome, especially after i mounted one of the supporting schmucks on his shoulders instead ^_^ 
The flexibility is exactly what I like about Ten Thunders. You have many options, they are quite unique and flexible, and you can keep your opponent guessing. Next: To learn how to play Yan Lo as support (as bruiser style was the obvious one for me and it took me a while to realize he can do other, very FUN stuff :P ). Scratch that. Even better: To learn how to play Yan Lo and Fuhatsu together. This would be the ultimate Blow to power players' rep. Herp Derp.

• Like 1

Now Eclipse. After that explanation I can fully respect that and won't try to counter what you say about Fuhatsu. I don't hold him in high regard, but if that is exactly what you wish to do, play seemingly subpar models I respect that opinion and would like to hear more from your experiences with said models. By the way have you played Lucius? 

Now Eclipse. After that explanation I can fully respect that and won't try to counter what you say about Fuhatsu. I don't hold him in high regard, but if that is exactly what you wish to do, play seemingly subpar models I respect that opinion and would like to hear more from your experiences with said models. By the way have you played Lucius? 

I'm gonna say yes ...

It's the same reason I keep trying with Yan Lo, as I did with Lucius before - because it's challenging.

• Like 1

Oh yes, Lucius, the beautifully two-faced master that weaklings say sucks... like they did with Mei Feng, Misaki, Ironsides, Von Schill after they realized he isn't a melee monster despite his charge... Yeah right. Some masters may be weaker then others in an isolated environment, but are just as viable with the right crew and objectives.

I play Lucius and I love to play him. Since I learned to play Lucius I haven't been able to look with other Neverborn masters with interest. He makes the fraction so much better and so much more enjoyable for me that I had to move to Ten Thunders to finally play Lynch again (bar this one tournament where we had low SS games). He is the "Lololo" in my "Trololo" and dances around the battlefield as well as around the ballroom, directing both well-orchestrated gun lines and hunger-driven demon babies with ease. His only shortcoming? He can't take Fuhatsu, so I can laugh even harder when it works.

• Like 1

Oh yes, oh yes. How delicious Lucius could be, if Neverborn played were he.
So they say when you take Lucius in Neverborn you have a boarder range of minions with strong melee. Of course you do, it's Neverborn. The more elite the minions you spend your AP with Lucius are, the more mileage you get out of him (and he does out of you). Actually, having access to The Illuminated is quite big. However, there is more to it. More important is the fact that you can actually -increase- your board presence with Neverborn with the right crew. It makes you feel like you are the manipulative, elusive, conniving patriarch of a monster family. Ever had a problem because Lucius ran out of minions to command? Nevermore. Terror Tots can grow, and they have so many family members who can take care of the kindergarten: Mama Nekima, Papa Graves, Uncle Tuco, BIg sis Angel Eyes, old man Shaman... Mama Spawn likes her babies too, and aren't they the loveliest, sweetest frog-fish-men-whatever kiddies? Not to mention the Honorable Secretary's love, Milady Weaver and her children, the Dolls and Teddy-Bro. Of course you have the mimics - and you could have them in Guild as well, true. However, there are more synergies to be found here, at OUR HOME. So in addition to cheap, fast minions with melee presence you can have epic beaters (albeit being glass-cannons). Good. Now remember the faithful Black-coat soldiers (or in my case, angry blood-color coats)? Well, you can take them with you, it's your Personal Retinue, remember? The pack with Dashel and some shooty guys never felt better then in Neverborn... the fraction without much ranged presence. Setting up two Pathfinders with all the plus flips while you have Illuminated pressing the flanks and Terror Tots running it up is beautiful and powerful. Those who say Lucius sucks never took the time to learn him, to take the right crew, to train their finesse and commanding skills. Autoplay masters are boring, and I don't need them (minus Jackie Boy, because he was my first.. in Malifaux :P ). In both Neverborn (speed, synergy, melee, willpower attacks) and Ten Thunders (speed, tactics, flexibility) you get stomped if you make bad tactical decisions. You stomp others if you make good tactical decisions. ^_^

• Like 3