The Resurrectionist Strat&Scheme Compendium Project

Whut

So I had an idea. As a newer player with only a few games under my belt, I have limited knowledge of the game, and as such, trouble knowing what to take against many of my opponents when playing certain schemes and strats, etc. I thought that as part of a group project, we can make a compendium containing a bunch of information about what models people like taking for which schemes, which strategies, and against which enemy factions. Anyone is welcome to contribute, and any contributions I will copy and paste (with proper credit to whoever wrote it) into the first few posts here. Anything from a quick note (for example: "Take the Student of Steel against Arcanists!") to an entire paragraph, or even a short novel will be appreciated, although if they are too short or don't provide much reasoning (such as the above example) I may not bother to copy/paste.

The end goal is to have a quick reference for any player to see what masters/minions/anything are popular to take for certain situations and why. A sort of end-all dictionary of "what is a good idea to take against faction B when X and Y are my schemes?"

If I were a better and (MUCH) more experienced player, I would begin working on this immediately. However I'm not, so at the moment I don't think I have enough knowledge to give proper opinions outside of some poor theorycrafting. Thus I wanted to make this a community effort. Little by little hopefully this compendium will grow, and every few days I'll take a look at new posts and compile them.

*ANYONE IS WELCOME TO CONTRIBUTE AS LITTLE OR AS MUCH AS THEY WANT!*

*DON'T KNOW WHERE TO START? START ANYWHERE, WE HAVE ALL THE TIME IN THE WORLD!*

If you do decide to contribute, just include the "categories" and models you are making your suggestion for before your ideas so everyone will know exactly what you are talking about. Also if posting under a faction and wanting to give advise against a specific master, doing something like "If you think they will play X master..." is perfectly fine. Saying not to take something is also fine, for example "don't take McMourning if your opponent is playing Neverborn because...". I'm keeping this fairly free-form so no worries! Just try not to write an entire tactica, save that for separate threads. But definitely PM me and I'll link it here!

-------------------------------------------------------------------

THE COMPENDIUM:

-------------------------------------------------------------------

FACTION SPECIFIC:

---------------------------------------------

VS GUILD:

VS RESURRECTIONISTS:

VS ARCANISTS:

VS NEVERBORN:

VS OUTCASTS:

VS TEN THUNDERS:

VS GREMLINS:

STRATEGY SPECIFIC:

TURF WAR:

RECKONING:

RECONNOITER:

SQUATTER'S RIGHTS:

STAKE A CLAIM:

SCHEME SPECIFIC:

(I don't have my rulebook on me so I'll add in the names of the schemes sometime next week)

A LINE IN THE SAND:

DISTRACT:

:ram:

:crow:

:tome:

:mask:

1:

2:

3:

4:

5:

6:

7:

8:

9:

10:

11:

12:

13:

Well the issue I find with pullmyfinger is twofold:

1) It provides summaries and tactics on a model-by-model basis, not in reference to each scheme specifically. This thread's purpose is to look at the scheme and choose models / tactics, not look at models first and then determine what to do with them.

2) The pull my finger wiki seems to be incomplete. A lot of the links send me to empty pages. Don't get me wrong, I'm not ripping on the wiki, I actually really like it. Its just still a work in progress.

I'm fully prepared for this thread to be a bust, but I was just thinking of giving it a try anyway :)

2) The pull my finger wiki seems to be incomplete. A lot of the links send me to empty pages. Don't get me wrong, I'm not ripping on the wiki, I actually really like it. Its just still a work in progress.

I'd recommend that if you're keen on getting the information out there, why not contact the PMF mods and get approved for editing? You said you don't have many games under your belt, but if you start filling in what you do know, then the PMF Wiki will increase and will be more worth visiting, and therefore more people will have an opinion and want to edit it. The problem I see with how you've organised it above is it seems to suggest absolutes like 'McMourning is best against Ramos', and there are too many situations and too many options for any absolutes.

Good work on trying to get stuff together for beginners though, as a relatively new player I salute you for doing what I'm far too lazy to do. :)

Ya the whole idea with the PMF is to allow for things JUST like this to organically grow without getting lost in forum posts, etc.

To that end, there are also blog posts and podcasts (some which I may be involved in) that are taking this approach to help newer players flesh out their crews based on certain strategies and schemes. 

Any of the "Plus Flip" episodes may be a good resource for you and other.

http://cheatedfatesradio.podbean.com/

P.S. Viks, McMourning, and Sonnia are in the queue for next +flips