Masters 2015

OldManMyke

Just to clarify a few things

Ranked events run all year but to make the admin manageable i have proposed that masters qualification for the 2016 masters runs from 17th Jan 2015 to 1st December 2015

To make getting #1 important i am going to get some sort of trophy that the #1 player gets. So far will have to get them for Joel and James

• Like 1

Just to clarify a few things

Ranked events run all year but to make the admin manageable i have proposed that masters qualification for the 2016 masters runs from 17th Jan 2015 to 1st December 2015

To make getting #1 important i am going to get some sort of trophy that the #1 player gets. So far will have to get them for Joel and James

I'm not sure i understand the reason for this.  Surely the simplest thing is to run from 1st Dec 2014 - 30th Nov 2015?  Or whichever cutoff date you want.  I'm fairly sure this is what was always done in the past.  

You pick a date.  Look at the rankings.  Pick those people.  Done.

picking up on the chit chat a decision has been made to have a closed season running December through to second week in January (masters side events being start of new season).

It is only 6 weeks which includes Christmas.  Can see the logic it could be a fairly quiet period anyway. 

Would prefer the rankings just to run through for whole year. The scene is growing, shutting down for 10% of the year seems unnecessary. If the community don't want to play (competitively) the tournaments won't attract sufficient attendance.  

• 3 weeks later...

I just booked a family room at the Leicester Markfield Travelodge for Saturday night, it was only £28. So better hurry up folks before it gets more expensive.

If I land Saturday morning at half eight in East Midlands Airport and depart on Sunday evening at eight, will somebody coming down the M1 be able to give me a lift?

I just booked a family room at the Leicester Markfield Travelodge for Saturday night, it was only £28. So better hurry up folks before it gets more expensive.

If I land Saturday morning at half eight in East Midlands Airport and depart on Sunday evening at eight, will somebody coming down the M1 be able to give me a lift?

Where is EMA? Nottingham?

Very tempting!!!  May just book one of these rooms and risk not getting a ticket.  I will talk to the guys tomorrow evening at club as there are 3 of us coming from Belfast.

Tickets will be on sale via the Bendyboards Webstore from 8pm on 1st December.  28 for each day.  Tickets will cost £10 for each day.  If you intend to come for both days then you will need to buy two seperate tickets, this is so we don't have to crosscheck stock levels.  If you do come both days then I will give you £5 in cash refund at the event itself.

Yeah, EMA is east midlands airport, 10 miles north of Coalville. Very conveniently located (if one has a car).

There will be a few of us flying over from Belfast on the Saturday morning if the timings work.  If we all get in around the same time we could happily share a taxi to the event if you cant find a lift Maria.

• Like 1