Shadowfane's Random models

• 11 months later...

Hmmmm... it really has been a while, hasn't it? *brushes dust off, well, everything*

Since both Vaiuri and Suvalas are adding more stuff to their logs, I should probably do the same thing - I have painted a bunch more stuff, after all!

Unfortunately, I suspect Suvalas has overtaken me in the *painting ability* stakes, so my stuff will be average at best (Vai is obviously far, far ahead of us both! :P )

So, in the next couple days I shall add a bunch of pics of both painted stuff, plus half-finished projects, including my Wendigo, who is still in the "being built" phase, but who I'm oddly proud of! :P

Next, some unfinished Neverborn work before I switch factions:

The Dreamer basically issn't finished yet because I haven't decided how to paint his nightmares... I'd kinda like to try a purple-fading-to blue across the whole thing, and then do that with the daydreams, alps and chompy, but so far haven't plucked up the courage to pick up the paintbrush and have at it!

I just like the pose on this one :P still not finished though

And finally, some work on the faction I'm currectly playing with: the arcanists. I don't actually have much so far (aside from the stuff thats earlier in this log, that is) - just an almost-finished Rail Golem (needs some detail work and the base finishing)

And my Wendigo - still very much in the construction process - still needs quite a bit of greenstuffing and sculpting/hacking, but you can see the basic idea from here, and personally ,I think it looks bloody good! (or it will when I'm done, I hope, anyway) - and at least now he looks stalky and menacing, and not balancing on a cowboy... :P

As always, comments/criticism is welcome - how else will I improve? :)

• Like 1

• 2 years later...

*Opens door and winces at the dust*

Hi guys! It's been aaaaaages!

Since my friends and I have started with Malifaux again, I thought I should blow off the cobwebs of this old, old thread and get on with painting again!

Warning - I suspect my painting ability has dramatically decreased, so don't expect too much from me :P

*edit* hmmm, also apparently all my original pics were on photobucket - might have to see about migrating them over somehow

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...

So, I'm probably not going to be posting as frequently on here as Vaiuri is on hers - mostly because I have an awful attention span, and am currently painting stuff for....5 different projects/game systems?

But, to be going on with, here's my Titania - I'm calling her finished, although I'm probably going to add a little water effects to the base, and maybe see if I can add a little blood to the grass....

It's also my first attempt at some form of OSL - I *think* I can do better now - and I keep forgetting how terrible my painting looks up close - need to find a way to smooth it out some, I think!

large.20180206_162359-min.jpg.8e902620aecc7eabccbb670daf798f35.jpglarge.20180206_162354-min.jpg.9485ab2310286e679ebb7d5647fef6d9.jpglarge.20180206_162349-min.jpg.7f23f03b0642d84aedacb7052aaf6532.jpglarge.20180206_162343-min.jpg.a2874b4b978ab2ebdf5633abb03d372b.jpg

• Like 4

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Think she looks good. Such an extreme close-up is going to show off the flaws in anyone's work. ;)

When it comes to OSL I find the best method is to fully paint the model and add the colour to the lit surfaces with a series of thin glazes. Having said that, I'm pretty crap with OSL, so it might not be that helpful to you.