Shadowfane's Random models

Hello everyone!

As someone who has just gotten into malifaux and done my usual head first job into stuff, I thought I'd share my current painted/painting stuff with you all, whether you want me to or not :P  I consider myself an average painter, so advice is always appreciated :P

(Also, I'm not the best photographer, so apologies for that!)

First up, the Lilth crew box!

IMG_0382.jpg

IMG_0383.jpg

IMG_0384.jpg

IMG_0385.jpg

IMG_0386.jpg

Aaaannd, finally for today, a random completely different model, and what I'm currently building....

IMG_0396.jpg

IMG_0397.jpg

This is how most of my models start, as I'm using Malifaux as an excuse to learn how to scupt bases - obviously as I'm a beginner at that, some will look better than others :P

**edit - having looked at the photos, they honestly look better further away than they do this close up - ah well, I'm not trying to be a professional at this! :P  **

Nice work! Your bases are really nice, and I'm a fan of how you painted Lynch.  The Ice Golem is outstanding as well.

One thing though - the angle on the photo of the Cherub makes it look like he's ramming his bow up his nose XD

• 2 weeks later...

S - I love your teddy, but Lady J is gonna take his head off ;)

V

Ha! More than likely - although I'm not sure what taking the head off a giant stuffed animal would actually do - after all, the only similar situation I can think of is from Supernatural, and "living stuffed bear suicide via shotgun" didn't really work there, now did it? :P

In vaguely relevant words, I'm thinking about picking up some of that GW Blood paint stuff to add bloodstains seeping from the stitches on the chest....thoughts?

Mostly trial and error, to be honest - I used plasticard to add height to where I wanted pavement, spread grey stuff in an even layer over it and started cutting/shaping with the odd tool I have and craft knives and whatnot - not the best work, but pretty good for my first attempts at sculpting, I feel :)

Mostly trial and error, to be honest - I used plasticard to add height to where I wanted pavement, spread grey stuff in an even layer over it and started cutting/shaping with the odd tool I have and craft knives and whatnot - not the best work, but pretty good for my first attempts at sculpting, I feel :)

I like it well enough.

I didn't think too much of the new Teddy scuplt, when I first saw it. I don't know, it kind of feels like an evil hamster of death, instead of an awesome psycho construct toy monster as the old version. But yours is really great! 't was a brilliant idea to go for the panda look. Well done! :)

I agree... I'm not a big fan of the new plastic Teddy model, but he's kinda growing on me... not unlike a fungus.

The panda scheme is brilliant! And it really adds a load of character to a slightly disappointing model in my eyes. I love how you've done the fur! Very good shading and highlights on the shallow crevices in the fur. Very difficult to do! And time consuming! Very delicate drybrushing in there.

Albeit, I LOVE the metal Teddy, and it's what really brought me to Pandora's Neverborn in the first place... so I am quite biased against the new plastic one. Objectively, the plastic Teddy is a beautiful model, honestly. I'm just so emotionally attached to the old one. I suppose my expectations were astronomically high. ;) Hehe  It's rare that one really wants a model to be LESS animated.

To me, Teddy should be an actual toy, which is possessed. So it still should look like a toy, but with some nightmarishly freaky differences. The pose and the eyes, mainly (and the tongue), are what I think make the new one look more like an actual creature, rather than a possessed doll. I like the flat-eyed, uncaring, methodical doll look, rather than the hyper-animated, living-cartoon look. But that's just me. :)

But you've added character to this model that I hadn't seen in the sculpt itself, and it speaks to me a little more now. It whispers in gentle, caressing tones... "Paint me, Red... Paint me... You know you want to..."

• Like 1

Today, my finished Illuminated, finally!

IMG_0404.jpg

This leaves me with just my 3 depleted to paint in order to have all the plastic Neverborn currently available painted and done!  Having said that, I'm not 100% sure how I want to paint them, although I'm tempted to try and get them looking like those horrifically freakish burning babies at the start of the Silent Hill film.....

• 2 weeks later...