pandora questions

Verdeloth

1: expose fear abilitie, pandora consider the duels as wp duels. Is this something that can trigger misery (when enemy model within 6" of this model fails a wp duel it suffers 1 dmg after resolve the current action)? And fading memory (when this model win a opposed wp duel against an enemy model immediately push this model up to 4" in any direction).

If my pandora get MI or SH at?

And would poltergeist distraction aura ( enemy model within 2" of this model suffer negative flip to wp duel) benefit to if someone target pandora and she make the duel to a wp duel ?

2: self loathing / self harm. Its the pandora model owner that pick what 1 ap action from the opponent attacks and not the opponent right ?

Will enter a 40 ss tournament and the list i been thinking about is

Pandora

The box open 2ss

Candy 9 ss

Baby kade 7 ss

Depression 1 ss

Teddy 11 ss

Poltergeist 5 ss

Sorrow 5 ss

I worry i lack some speed and just 6 models. If its squaters right i might take out teddy for 3 terror tot or something

• Like 1

Great questions!

So, a duel can be a different kind of duel for different people.

When someone shoots Pandora, it's Sh test for them and a Wp test for her. So that would make Fading Memory happen and she'd get a push if she won, but not Misery to do damage to the model shooting her.

Poltergeist wouldn't give someone a negative twist to shoot Pandora, since it's a Sh duel for them and not a Wp duel. It would give them a negative twist to resist Pandora's spells.

Yes, Pandora picks what AP action she uses for Self-Loathing and Self-Harm, not the target.

That seems like a nice list. You may want to consider adding a few more Sorrows to increase Pandora's damage, but it'll depend on the match and what you want to do.

Great :) thanks for fast answer.

Manipulative and horror is also consider as duels so i guess misery will activate on them if they fail and any negative aura for wp will also be added from ex. Poltergeist.? :)

Ye if i get squaters right i will consider that but sorrows are just so painfully slow. Might just get some terror tots for scheme grabbing / tagging.

Never used teddy before but really looking forward to it with the new model and all.

Teddy question

Hes smell fear ability that give him 1 free ap attack / turn when someone loose a wp duel. So teddy can double walk up. Use (0) gobble you up and if he win push up to 8 " in melee and get his free 1 ap hit from smell fear ? If so thats really awsome ^^

With baby kades teddy push tactial action that would give teddy a movment range of 24 " and in a standard deployment that would be up in the face of your opponent starting zone + 1 attack

Teddy question

Hes smell fear ability that give him 1 free ap attack / turn when someone loose a wp duel. So teddy can double walk up. Use (0) gobble you up and if he win push up to 8 " in melee and get his free 1 ap hit from smell fear ? If so thats really awsome ^^

With baby kades teddy push tactial action that would give teddy a movment range of 24 " and in a standard deployment that would be up in the face of your opponent starting zone + 1 attack

I think that may come down to an order of operations decision.

Teddy walks twice for 10", then casts his (0), which is a WP resist.  If he wins, the result is to push into base contact within 8" 

The question I would ask about Smell Fear is: Does Teddy have to be able to make the (1)ML attack when the WP duel was failed?  Because Smell Fear has a 6" range, I would think that as long as Teddy was within 6" when casting Gobble, then yes, after the Gobble action is finished, Teddy could Hug the target.

Ye if i get squaters right i will consider that but sorrows are just so painfully slow.

If you are walking them around, yes. But there is rarely a good reason to do that when you got Misery Loves Company. That makes them really fast. And opens up lots of interesting options, especially if you start using it on the enemy models too.

If you are walking them around, yes. But there is rarely a good reason to do that when you got Misery Loves Company. That makes them really fast. And opens up lots of interesting options, especially if you start using it on the enemy models too.

Yes im aware its a nice thing to use on models that already activated this turn and such things :) but for squaters right i will loose the race to all markers.

From my experience however they never suvived a turn out in the open / in melee with anything. Only chans for them to live longer is to have pandors close and transfer some damage to her

Yes you have to be within 6" for smell fear. In teddy case he was 6.1-8" away from the model so after he pushes no attack since no model in 6" failed. But smell fear works just fine if another model causes them to fail a wp duel ie Dora kade candy. And thankfully it can only be used once per turn.

Same scenario and if the enemy is within 6" it should work.

Smell fear say it will give free 1 ap mi after current action resolve :)

Yes im aware its a nice thing to use on models that already activated this turn and such things :) but for squaters right i will loose the race to all markers.

From my experience however they never suvived a turn out in the open / in melee with anything. Only chans for them to live longer is to have pandors close and transfer some damage to her

Maybe, maybe not. And yes, they so tend to die if you launch them into the enemy crew, but that's okay. Its a 5 ss minion, they are there to disrupt the enemy crew and they are very good at getting in the way, preventing interact actions and with the Misery aura and everything else they will generally force your opponent to react to them. For a 5ss minion that can get to anywhere you need him that's really very good. Especially as they do require a little effort to kill, either a much higher value model or possibly several cheap ones because of incorporeal. Now I generally wouldn't take more than 2, but they are really very good (and not just for Pandora). I'm a big fan of Sorrows.

My favourite ploy with a sorrow is to have it latch onto a big hitter of the enemy crew on turn 1. 

I do this by pushing up a doppleganger or poltergeist (anything with a high walk really) to the extreme edge of the sorrow's "misery loves company" range on an early activation - then when a big hitter makes a move up at full steam (as they often do on turn 1), I use the "misery loves company" twice to waypoint from the doppleganger to the gribbly.

I then make sure that, at some point during the turn, Pandora has used incite to allow me to dictate the first activation of turn 2.   If I cant manage this, I cheat the initiative flip with the doppleganger instead.

when turn 2 rolls around, I activate the sorrow first and paralyse the gribbly with a high card - and keep doing this all game.

I have tied up things like rail golems for entire games with a 5ss minion - good times!

• Like 3

Thats a neat trick :) last time i played i put incite and moved in candy in melee with the target to get a paralize

but its allways nice with more options

is doppelganger mandetory for the most set ups ? 

missing it and my local store wont get in anymore tin figure

when the plastic is on its way. 

(doubt it will come anytime soon though?)

At 40 points you might be better off scrapping Teddy and running 2 cheaper models like a Stitched Together and Insidious Madness.

Just food for thought.

I tend to run a bunch of cheap fast models with her to get up on the schemes quick.

I take The Box Opens in almost every list, but don't overlook Fugue State, especially when you know what scenario you're playing.  Nothing is worse than having your objective runners/holders become insignificant.

Hmm well if i get squaters right i will remove teddy. But for reckoner he should be a helpful model.

I just started with malifaux so im missing alot of stuff ^^ dont own a stitched or madness (yet). Would really like the plastic version but it looks like it can take a while. :(

Will play a game this sunday and i can write how it went.

Someone tried run pandora with a other henchman then candy?

I do that all thetime. In fact I never run Candy, don't like her very much.

All the Neverborn ones work fine, the merc ones can be interesting too. In fact I think Pandora is a fairly self contained master, she doesn't really need much from her crew, nor does she give them much. You can certainly ramp up the WP aspect, but you can also take a completely different crew and do just fine. In my last game Pandora was leading a swamp fiend crew to good effect against Sonnia.

Allways wonder but if for example poltergeist use magical extension and get 1 ap cast attack from its master. It cant choose a 0 ap right? Was thinking on pandoras incite

Gorbad how does your swamp pandora crew set up look like. You bring waldgeist?

Sadly you can only copy (1) actions, so no incite.

The crew was Pandora, Bad Juju, 2 Waldgeists, 2 Silurids, a sorrows and an Insidious Madness. ( I think) We only got in 3 turns, but it seemed to work pretty well. So I'll probably try it again as I've not done that much with the swamp fiends so far.

finished my pandora game today and i went against marcus

50 ss

My team

Pandora 3 ss

The box opens 2ss

Bad juju 8 ss

Fears given form 1ss

Poltergeist 5ss

Baby kade 7ss

Depression 1ss

Teddy 11ss

sorrow 5ss

sorrow 5ss

sorrow 5ss

His team

Marcus 4ss

The trail of the gods 1ss

the hunger cry 1ss

Myranda 8ss

Imbued energies 1ss

jackalope 2ss

moleman 4ss

moleman 4ss

moleman 4ss

sabretooth cerberus 9ss

pack leader 1ss

razorspine rattler 7ss

Cojo 8 ss

We got reckoning as main shared scheme.

He revealed planing the evidence and Entourage

and i revealed planting the evidence and kept my assasinate

Turn 1

We got corner deployment so we just advancing to the middle, i just baby kade

to push teddy 6 inch extra so he could be in front.

Turn 2

i won the initiative and once again used baby kade to push teddy in melee with a moleman

(wanted to get a flurry of for next activation) however it open up a charge from cojo and he 

came with a rampage hit, he passed teddys fear and won the duel and flipped a red joker on 

on damage and hit teddy with a massive blow of 10 dmg (put teddy to 1 wound)

i activated teddy to regen 2 health putting him on 3 wounds and started to beat

on the moleman with a flurry and the moleman was annihilated.

He activated a moleman to walk around a corner into engagement range with

teddy and tok 1 swing but failed.

i started to move up my sorrows to position them for some hevy damage

from pandora.

He activated jackalope and leaped up to teddy and charge the last 

inch to get his horns bonus so his minimum

damage would be enough for kill but he was not able to win the duel.

Marcus ran around with his +wk from upgrade and dropping schemes on my side

of the board. His Razorspine failed a slither charge due to horrify on bad juju.

and his sabretooth cerberus double walked into engagement range

of my poltergeist and bad juju.

Here i tok a major gamble, i wanted to get pandora in closer

and i was only in range with sabretooth cerberus. i only had black joker

on my hand so cheating was not a option. He got terrifying 11 and my wp 7

would made me sucseed on 4+ and i decided to target him with a incite spell

and fliped a 1 and lost the rest of my ap on pandora :(

Turn 3

i won the initiative again (yay !)

with a new hand i started with pandora (my sorrows was in place)

and with poltergeist inside 2" of cerberus (- flip to his wp duels)

i again casted incite but lost the first duel witch triggered pakt leader (we forgot to trigger it after horror duel the last turn)

and he tok a free swing on my poltergeist and got him down to 2 wounds left.

Tried again and got mood swings on cerberus and moved my 4 free inches to reach his myranda

and molemans. here i tried to cast melancholy ( from baby kades upgrade) on myranda but failed.

He activated cojo and killed teddy with another rampage hit.

Here i moved in a sorrow with sorrow loves misery action into cojo

(setting up for baby kade to do some damage)

He activated cerberus and failed the df check with bad juju's fear given form

and suffered 3 damage however he ate up my poltergeist with his 2 actions.

i activated bad juju and got a severe hit on the cerberus wich killed it and moved

closer to the middle of the board.

marcus keep putting markers and started to get closer to my pandora.

baby kade charge cojo and got in 6 damage on him.

myranda killed of one sorrow.

molemans was mostly idle and holding position.

his razorspine rattler failed again with horror test against my bad juju so he

was a sitting duck.

Turn 4

He won initiative

Marcus came in and added an extra MI attack and killed of

another sorrow and charged Pandora and got her down to 4 wounds

left (activated damage bonus 4/4/6)

Not sure what ability that did this but it was activated until his next activation.

i tok my chans with pandora and punished marcus with his boost 

and made him hit himself, i got him down to 2 wounds left and a nearby moleman

(he transfered some damage) to 2 wounds left.

cant really recall all details in this turn.

jackalope came back. Bad juju killed of another moleman

all my sorrows was gone now so i used baby kade to drop  a scheme marker

for planting evidence. Razorspine moved up to baby kades scheme to remove it next turn

still alive for last turn is bad juju, pandora and baby kade.

he got marcus, 1 moleman, jackalope . razorspine. myranda

turn 5.

i won intiative and used pandora to kill first his moleman with marcus still

boosted damage (transfered damage) and with my other 2 attacks got marcus

down and i got 2 VP from assasinate.

razorspine removed my scheme marker and moved down to protect his scheme

marker so i wouldnt remove it.

baby kade dropped a new scheme on same terrain.

bad juju got a severe hit on myranda and she went down after that hit.

Fliped for extra turn, fliped a 10 and the game continue (phew)

Turn 6

was just in range with baby kade to reach next terrain piece and dropped of a marker.

razorspine charged pandora to try drop her but saved her with my last soulstone.

killed his jackolpe again with badjuju.

was able to score for planting evidence due to the lucky baby kade and got 3 vp from it.

My opponent admited that he gave it all for turn 5 and never counted on an extra.

Ending the game with 7-5 to pandora

• Like 1