Desolation Engine

daniello_s

I cleaned today Rusty Alyce and Freikorps Libby, glued them to the bases and I put them beside Desolation Engine model... And then I was struck with one question - shouldn't it have some sort of Terryfing ability?

Both girls are so tiny compared to this beast and I think if I encountered him I would probably s... myself instantly :D

I know it has Industrial Nightmare ability which is sweet but I'm just curious what do you think guys?

While I agree with Ausplosions and the devs mechanically balancing the game, I have always felt Outcasts are missing something distinctive that other factions have in spades.

Terrifying 13 (All) on Seamus and none on models like the Deso always seemed peculiar.

Terrifying (All) definitely represents the supernatural ability to inspire fear in things that don't have emotions. Terrifying (Living) is often just grr-scary stuff, though.

There would be solid fluff reasons for making the Desolation Engine Terrifying (Living), but there's no particular game-balance need for it. Going down that fluffy route would give Terrifying to half the models in the game - there's no call for that.

Totally agree that Desolation Engine doesn't need a Terryfing ability gaming-wise.

As I said that was my impression when I put three models beside each other and I realized how huge and chunky Engine is comparing to other models.

IMO Terrifying (All) would be too much, Terrifying (Living) 11/12 - that would make a sense.

In Malifaux realm whoever decided to travel and finally live there, I think have some sort of 'immunity' for things which normally would make us feel fear on Earth side i.e. seeing Steampunk Abomination a person who live in Malifaux will definitely feel some sort of fear (and disgust) but not so much to terrify him but rather to put a bunch of bullets in Abomination's chest, when seeing huge Desolation Engine charging at you would definitely terrify that person.

As I sad - that's just my thoughts :D

BTW - after painting Desolation Engine I must say this model is awesome and IMO looks better than Desolation Engine from Leveticus concept art (although it might change when I see final version of the new Engine :D )

• 4 weeks later...