Leveticus Tactica: Burnt Offerings

Hateful Darkblack

Well, it's a resurrecting, summoning, 3 AP beater that also serves as an anchor point and a teleport node. In Voltron Assembled mode, it cannot be charged, ensuring some pretty scary first strikes, but the Nephilim that upgrade fly, so they would win from terrain. In pieces it's considerably squishier, and each is an enforcer.

Its death would buff the Nephilim up to three times then, and that would be a party.

I would certainly still take the piece to the game, depending on the schemes. But since you're not supposed to know who you're fighting before the table is set up, I wouldn't know in time if I'm facing a Nephilim quick gro list. If you get that matchup, stick to the sides and don't be afraid to pop the pinata so Levi can discourage further attacks by killing absolutely everything.

That said, I love the models and am currently hoping that monster on the front page is the M2 version, so a little biased.

The thing that makes me not want to take Ashes and Dust is Murder Protege. If Murder Protege is on the table, Ashes and Dust is basically worth -3 VP.

Otherwise, strats and schemes and board topology (and let's face it, mood) determine whether I'll take it or not.

I wouldn't worry too much about Ashes and Dust feeding Nephilim grow lists. If someone surrounds Ashes and Dust with terror tots or even Young Nephilim, you'll be getting Abominations out of the deal as much as they'll be getting grow & mature.

• 3 weeks later...

So purchase wise, as I'm waiting for the plastic box set to come out, what would you suggest to get in addition to the box? I was thinking of going construct as they give more options to (and if I wanted to pick up the Valedictorian etc they could work either way).  

I've made the plunge and bought the metal Leve crew on eBay. Came with the usual Levi, rusty Alice, two waifs and 4 abominations.

I'm still new(ish) to the game and so far have built up a decent sized arcanists force but after reading this thread and about Leve in general I loved the playstyle and feel of him. In truth I've had that feeling with all 3 wave two outcasts masters and so have decided they will be my second faction to expand into.

Can't wait to get him started and by the sounds of it I'll have to purchase Lazarus ASAP!

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Hi!

I played a tournament last saturday, I use Leveticus in the 4 games I had. My anchor/shepherd/nanny were 2 Trappers,1 DeadDoxi and Johanna and i think they are great in their task, since each of them have a different role and the (0)Push of Doxi helps to move Lev or the Waifs. Yes, they are 4 and maybe the "perfect" number is 3 but i feel more confident in that way, i prefer Johan (Johana in fact) rather than Ronin due to the 3"range, condition removal and ++ against constructs. Only in my last game i change Johana for a Necropunk...because "Deliver message" scheme was in the pool.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Has anyone tried using Vanessa with Levy?  She won't be using any of her sister-related shenanigans but Command Construct could be useful in a Levy crew.  Also Intuition and the Surge trigger are universally useful.

There is cerainly some synergy there, but it might be a bit akward to pull off. Command Construct is only range 6", and Vanessa doesn't like, in my experience, to be that close to the action. So if you bring her, you kind of need to bring another shooter like Lazarus, which is a Leve staple. Might be a lot of potential that I don't see, but I remain skeptic!