M2e Kaeris

mythicFOX

19 hours ago, spooky_squirrel said:

@spikes a head's up from a Mei Feng/Foundry player:

There's a Foundry upgrade called Hard worker that lets Foundry models pitch a card as a (0) to ignore Armor and Hard to Wound with all of their attacks. Mei Feng has no competing (0) actions. You didn't run into it here, but it's something to be aware of when you're thinking about dropping Carlos into suspected Foundry crew.

Thanks. I was informed of that subsequently by the Mei player. It certainly would have made a difference! 

• 2 weeks later...

Played Kaeris for the first time with her 2 new upgrades i was pretty impressed. Easy card draw turn 1 with flaming Angel and her 0 action to remove burning and draw cards. The passive burning auras are great for enemies setting themselves up to get tanked or killed.

Took Arcane reservoir too but think against the right crew imbued protection could make her horrible to try to take out.

• Like 1

Got my first 10-0 game with Kaeris this week on the Vassal. . I Brought Kaeris with both new upgrades and sieze the day. Carlos with PP, 2 Wind gamin, Miss Step, effigy, and Emissary.The strategy was Ply for Info. I just used Kaeris to fly around and put the condition on them so they couldn't get away from Carlos or Miss Step. It was a bit low key for a master but having 3-5 models on -2 to all duels was pretty big all around so i can't complain. Sieze the day was there to make sure that I was able to get the Heat Wave condition up as often as possible

• Like 2

My Kaeris got her first outing with her both new upgrades against Pandora with her new summoning upgrade the other day. Strategy was interference and due to some funny positioning at start ( we both overextended a bit to much ) Kaeris was way off the most part from Pandora's crew but she managed to solo the hooded rider by setting him on fire, heatstroke and a double immolate on turn 2. Same procedure against Pandora 2 turns later, 2 severe dmg ( cheated once though). Fun times

I've been on a hardcore Kaeris kick recently. One of my favorite things about her is that she can function just fine on her own, but her upgrades drastically change your play style with her so there are several ways to play her. My recent discovery is the brutality of a Coryphee Duet with Wings of Fire. Being able to setup the duet behind some form of cover, then grant them flying to Fly 7 inches over the terrain then charge a model from a long distance and obliterate it with glinting steel scythe hands is beautiful.

Amina is quickly becoming one of my favorite models, she is always useful and usually in a fairly critical way. Diminishing attackers' effectiveness, giving you soul stones depending on the scheme pool, and upsetting the balance of the game in general. Such a bargain! Combine her with the new Medical Automaton and you have a recipe for ever living models with control.

8 hours ago, LightningJuice said:

I've been on a hardcore Kaeris kick recently. One of my favorite things about her is that she can function just fine on her own, but her upgrades drastically change your play style with her so there are several ways to play her. My recent discovery is the brutality of a Coryphee Duet with Wings of Fire. Being able to setup the duet behind some form of cover, then grant them flying to Fly 7 inches over the terrain then charge a model from a long distance and obliterate it with glinting steel scythe hands is beautiful.

Amina is quickly becoming one of my favorite models, she is always useful and usually in a fairly critical way. Diminishing attackers' effectiveness, giving you soul stones depending on the scheme pool, and upsetting the balance of the game in general. Such a bargain! Combine her with the new Medical Automaton and you have a recipe for ever living models with control.

Can you explain me the function of Amina and Medical Automaton, qith examples please?

I read several times this card and never can give a chance in my brain

Absolutely! Amina to me is just an absolute beast of a control piece. I have a few examples from only the few games I've gotten in with her. One: Guard the Stash, my opponent put a 10T brother dedicated to one of the stash markers - I mean those things are rocks, right? On turn 2 I was able to make him a peon and insignificant for the Strat and Schemes erasing the use of to 10T brother. A different game, two: Sonnia had severe damaged Joss and blasted into Johan and Amina. Because of Amina's ability where she can discard a card to push the model that damaged her I pushed Sonnia 2" which one, took her out of casting range on my models, and two out her into melee with a steam arachnid who was trying to sneak around for scheme purposes. Also her interact aura to give you soul stones is amazing. Another more general use, in Quick Murder pools put Imbued Protection on her to make her Df/Wp 7. Good luck opponent! You then may wonder what to do about a beater - take the Coryphee and combine them into the duet :) 

Medicial Automaton I've only played with once but it was well worth 5SS. Twice in the game I was able to take advantage of his discard to place a model within 3" into base with him. The second time this happened as after Misaki had charged Kaeris and Red Jokered the damage (ouch) but for a discard I placed Kaeris well out (one the other side of the automaton) of Misaki's range and ended her activation. The automaton was also able to heal 5 wounds in one activation. I have yet to get into an encounter where his hard to kill abilities were necessary but hope to try it out soon! Place the automaton near a high value model, preferably out if LoS of any enemy models. If the model you're protecting gets shot or charged you can easily discard to remove it from harms way. It's almost like giving a model a better version of Butterfly Jump.

27 minutes ago, LightningJuice said:

but for a discard I placed Kaeris well out (one the other side of the automaton) of Misaki's range and ended her activation.

I don't understand this, only works with 30mm base and with an enemy with HT 2 or lower, it's right? and the action is that you place the Medical between enemy and your miniature for no vision?

1 minute ago, Fictor said:

I don't understand this, only works with 30mm base and with an enemy with HT 2 or lower, it's right? and the action is that you place the Medical between enemy and your miniature for no vision?

No the action lets you place Kaeris in base contact with the medical automatom, so you can place her on the far side of it.

39 minutes ago, LightningJuice said:

The second time this happened as after Misaki had charged Kaeris and Red Jokered the damage (ouch) but for a discard I placed Kaeris well out (one the other side of the automaton) of Misaki's range and ended her activation.

I expect that trick would only work against a Misaki player once, as she has an inbuilt trigger to push 4". I'm very excited to try out the Medical Automaton though, especially in an Ironsides crew. Most models don't have a way to get around it like Misaki and as long as you have the Automaton slightly back then they should just get one attack.

On another note, Getting Red Jokered? Modern engineering and science (with the support of the M&SU) has found a solution to bad luck in Malifaux, the Union Steamfitter! Reinforced Sheet Armor is the only piece of metal welded to your skin that is guaranteed to stop even the worst of Fate's tricks! Get yours today from your local M&SU branch for a low price of 6SS. (conditions (specifically, the Reinforced Sheet Armor condition) apply)

• Like 3

Yeah he had already declared assasinate haha :) But you're right, they won't fall for that again!

Oh my word, in ordering steam fitters soon and I absolutely can't wait to use them. Especially vs Thunder Misaki or any blaster. I mean, not saying that their armor plating isn't amazing all the time... so good. So. Good. 

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Hi there! 

Just played my first Kaeris game last night.

I've won an Alt Kaeris at a tournament lately, and that was wonderul 'cause now with Christmas Raspy I'll have all arcanists masters.

But.. speaking of Kaeris, she sounded fun so I had to try her.

I made a fixed generalist list with some new toys to try out her and made a game against a neverborn (came.out Bag of props Collodi).

Kaeris: her new 2 upgrades, imbued energies 4ss

Carlos Vasquez: PP, stunt double

Myrandaberus (never played, wanted to try)

Johan:IE

Arcane effigy

Fire gamin

Wind gamin

Wind gamin

Guard the stash, Flank deployment with accusation, dig their graves, search ruins and last stand.

Went for claim jump and search the ruins. Opponent chose poorly his schemes (accusation and search ruins).

The crew did well, with Carlos tanking Collodi early and healing at end of the turn, johan removed Slow, burning and the damned "i do your activation" condition from carlos, effigy removed slow to the freshly summined Cerberus, making her leap+charge Nekima and kill her last activation Turn 2.

What Kaeris did:

Deployed her poorly.

Turn 1 put burning on 3 friendly models, drawed 3 cards and moved.

Turn 2 wasted her activation: oppo playes really far and cagey, she just put some burning+ damage on Mr Graves.

Turn 3 she moved, swooped on unactivated collodi, marionette and effigy to give them burning, acceleranted them for 2 dmg and failed her Heat Wave. In this turn she tanked easily Barbaros and Graves, giving lots of burning just standing there.

Maybe she's not a powerhorse like our other masters, and her AP doesn't feel Master-like (well.. mine didn't. She walked a lot).. but she's fun to play. I think i'm gonna use her a lot in the future.

Ast thing: i'm really tempted by Eternal Flame's rules. For 2ss it seems a really cool little toolbox and shuld fit well with Heat Wave Kaeris, 'cause she could need its heal and stripping burning immunities is situationally good (i'looking at you, hamelin). And 2ss activation.

Have a flammable day!

19 minutes ago, Frollo the Wordbearer said:

Ast thing: i'm really tempted by Eternal Flame's rules. For 2ss it seems a really cool little toolbox and shuld fit well with Heat Wave Kaeris, 'cause she could need its heal and stripping burning immunities is situationally good (i'looking at you, hamelin). And 2ss activation.

You can look at Hamlin all you like, you just can't set him on fire.  Nihilism isn't an immunity, so the eternal flame does not remove it. 

4 hours ago, Adran said:

You can look at Hamlin all you like, you just can't set him on fire.  Nihilism isn't an immunity, so the eternal flame does not remove it. 

Even if it could, if your goal was to convert the Burning to Heatstroke the Eternal Flame does nothing to remove the Immunity preventing that.

• 2 weeks later...

It's both, you give the Heatstroke +0 to everything in range (which on its own does nothing), and then reduce each individual units' Burning by however much you want and increase that unit's Heatstroke by the same amount.  It's worded a bit weirdly but that's so you can choose how much Burning-to-Heatstroke happens for each nearby enemy.

On 12/12/2017 at 11:32 AM, Frollo the Wordbearer said:

Turn 1 put burning on 3 friendly models, drawed 3 cards and moved.

U cant cast two 0 actions unless u take Emissary in the crew. And new upgrade dont give your models burning when they activate.  Its wording is - Enemy models that bla bla bla....

1 hour ago, Rillan said:

U cant cast two 0 actions unless u take Emissary in the crew. And new upgrade dont give your models burning when they activate.  Its wording is - Enemy models that bla bla bla....

Well.. In the new upgrade Flaming Angel there is not any restriction. You push kaeris with Incineration Swoop through models and these gain Burning 1.

The only 0 you use is the one that let you draw cards, obviously. 

Did I read it wrong? 

P. S. Happy new year ;)

54 minutes ago, Frollo the Wordbearer said:

Did I read it wrong? 

My bad then. DIdnt though about Flaming Angel... As for me its kinda weak/situational upgrade and making your own models  burn to draw makes it very hard. U have to burn them then fall back to draw...