M2e Kaeris

mythicFOX

hopefully the firestarter will eventually be released as a seperate model as dont want to buy that whole crewbox just for him, especially as if thats the 2e box complete it has no gunsmiths. already have a metal box I am happy with

Given how every single past release has gone and what Wyrd has stated in the past, the firestarter being a unique model in a crew box will not be available separately.

Yeah, for the most part, I haven't seen any henchmen (or women) that are available outside box. Most of the enforcers and minions have been getting separate releases- I think the reasoning was, originally, to make it easier on storefronts. Less product numbers means less things to stock and restock. Unfortunately, it made it a little harder for players to get models they need supplamentally. For instance, Cassandra is an amazing add to a lot of crews, but come Colette's box set, you'll need to buy all of the Showgirls, wether you want to play them or not.

Don't really like firestarter. So flimsy even if you want to waste ss preventing damage to him opponents tend to just kill him really easily. Will still be getting the box even though I have the metal crew may try 6 fire gamin just for the fun of it. And the fs model looks nice.

Then for those of you who have used them. Are the pyre markers worth the 0 action? Considering she has a lot of great 0 actions

I like them if I want kaeris to activate early and either kill something or set fire to a bunch of stuff then hide her behind pyre markers.

• 1 month later...

OK, so talk me through how you use the totem then.

I'm struggling with the idea of a 6" bubble that removes immunity to burning being A Good Thing in a Kaeris crew...!

Why would it be bad? The only Arcanist model with burning immunity is the Emberling. The abilities of Purifying Fire, Rail Golem and Fire Gamin are not immune to burning (which is the ability to not gain the condition, see p 39) so it isn't negative for her own crew. I'll grant that it's a pretty marginal ability since not a lot of other things are immune either.

And just because this is the "Kaeris" page...Pic taken from GAMA today (3/18/2015):

11071663_10153242871291162_3245678986002

So, what are we looking at in this picture?

Obviously, I see Kaeris, special edition Kaeris, and three Fire Gamin.

But, is that the Firestarter at the front?

And what is behind Kaeris?

And the other models on the same terrace?

• 1 month later...

Has anyone tried doing a "Burning Bomb" using rail workers? I'm not saying build your list specifically to try to get it off like McMourning's expunge, but I feel it wouldn't be hard for a Kaeris crew that includes 2 rail workers to just happen upon an enemy with burning 3 or 4 and blow him up. It mat be unreliable and it may waste the worker's zero action so they won't get their +flips, but let's say on about turn 2 when the rail workers are outside of charge range but 2 walks can get them into range for the bomb, is it worth going for?

I really like the idea because you don't have to go out of your way to make it work. Even without getting the bomb off a single time, the rail workers are very useful brawlers, especially if you have Bleeding Edge tech on Kaeris or a henchman.

One other issue is however, a model with 3 or 4 burning is probably already dead or soon to die.

Thoughts?

Also I don't have rail walker cards but just from what I can reasonably expect and what I've heard, I think it's a zero action 6" gun symbol at Ca5?

And don't forget the added bonus that when the rail workers make you take damage equal to your burning, it doesn't remove the burning! In general it's nowhere near as good as Expunge, but it does have that one advantage. I often take a couple of rail workers with Kaeris just because they're so versatile - melee beasts, good for holding down scoring positions, and occasionally you get the added bonus of that ranged attack. I wouldn't build a crew around it, but I think if you look on it as an occasional lucky extra smack of burning damage, you'll be fine.

Would probably work best against izamu types with low defence and high armour kaeris lights him him up rail workers knock him down.

Have to light them up quite a lot, though - Armor still applies to both the Shovel Faster! damage and the Burning damage. You'd need to get Izamu to Burning +5 and get two Rail Workers to shovel him, and the opponent could still just clear a point of Burning or heal him and he'd survive the turn.

Have to light them up quite a lot, though - Armor still applies to both the Shovel Faster! damage and the Burning damage. You'd need to get Izamu to Burning +5 and get two Rail Workers to shovel him, and the opponent could still just clear a point of Burning or heal him and he'd survive the turn.

That's what I was thinking, maybe not against armor +2 or more, but think Teddy, Killjoy, any number of H2W models with low Df in Ressers, etc