M2e Kaeris

mythicFOX

1 hour ago, Rillan said:

My bad then. DIdnt though about Flaming Angel... As for me its kinda weak/situational upgrade and making your own models  burn to draw makes it very hard. U have to burn them then fall back to draw...

If that was its only use it'd definitely not be worth it, but it's amazing... :D Using it to push over a few enemy models to begin the attack (auto-Burning is very nice) or to push out of engagement (bonus if you do it over their models for Burning) are both extremely handy, and the trigger helps Immolate a lot as well, especially with Purifying Fire (attack the enemy and give yourself Burning to heal with later!)

2 hours ago, Rillan said:

My bad then. DIdnt though about Flaming Angel... As for me its kinda weak/situational upgrade and making your own models  burn to draw makes it very hard. U have to burn them then fall back to draw...

Why should you fall back to draw? It's an "up to 8" push, you could just move in range to draw. On the first turn you could just move a couple of models onwards, swooping onto them and draw cards. You usually spend first turn to move anyway, it's not very limiting or AP intensive. 

To me Flaming Angel seems quite good, really. Opens to a lot of options. And unresistible burning is cool (much better than Flaming halo to set things on fire, really). 

Imho

1 minute ago, Frollo the Wordbearer said:

To me Flaming Angel seems quite good, really. Opens to a lot of options. And unresistible burning is cool (much better than Flaming halo to set things on fire, really). 

Unless opponent has models that can remove conditions which happens like 50/50 i prefer Flaming Halo. Damage line 2/3/5 isnt that good and wasting one action to fly over to get burn looks kinda pointless for me  unless situation pushes me to do it. When Flaming Halo with One SS use can give u of max potential 6 burning condition at a time. 

But i totally agree both attacks are pretty equal and both are very situational. Time to time i use one more than another.

6 hours ago, Rillan said:

When Flaming Halo with One SS use can give u of max potential 6 burning condition at a time. 

How’s that work? The most burning that I’m seeing for a singe use of Flaming Halo (spending one stone) is 4.

+1 Burning for the built in effect.

Use the trigger for +1 Burning for each :tome

1 Tome is built in, the second from stoning for the suit, and the third from playing a :tome.

What am I missing?

11 hours ago, WWHSD said:

How’s that work? The most burning that I’m seeing for a singe use of Flaming Halo (spending one stone) is 4.

+1 Burning for the built in effect.

Use the trigger for +1 Burning for each :tome

1 Tome is built in, the second from stoning for the suit, and the third from playing a :tome.

What am I missing?

I can get 5

Attack, and give burning +1and the trigger to get a second attack. (needs 1 tome)

Then Attack, spend the ss for the tome, play tome giving her 3 tomes, so Burning +4, total burning +5 for 1 AP. 

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Hamelin with his Nihilism and the Viks with the Sisterly Bond upgrade (healing all Sisters every time you give them a Condition, makes it next to impossible for a Fire Gamin to do literally any damage for example) makes her a really terrible drop into Outcasts in general now.

3 hours ago, retnab said:

Hamelin with his Nihilism and the Viks with the Sisterly Bond upgrade (healing all Sisters every time you give them a Condition, makes it next to impossible for a Fire Gamin to do literally any damage for example) makes her a really terrible drop into Outcasts in general now.

Fair enough.  VS had that little tank, and the (medic), plus Hannah.  I put a lot of fire on them, and they just removed it, healed themselves, then took all their regular actions using an upgrade from VS that lets them take 2x 0 actions and they can use the Track's 0 actions.  Just erased any damage I put, or tried to put on them.  Frustrating.

21 minutes ago, Primarch said:

Fair enough.  VS had that little tank, and the (medic), plus Hannah.  I put a lot of fire on them, and they just removed it, healed themselves, then took all their regular actions using an upgrade from VS that lets them take 2x 0 actions and they can use the Track's 0 actions.  Just erased any damage I put, or tried to put on them.  Frustrating.

I don’t think that falls in the category of “bad match-up” as much as it does “something unexpected that you need to play around”. The heal and the fire extinguisher require discards to use and the model taking the those actions must be within 4 inches and LoS of the Steam Trunk and to use them both in the same activation they also need to be within 8 inches and LoS of Von Schill. Those abilities are also on a 4 Wd model whose only protection is Df 6 and Armor +1.

4 hours ago, WWHSD said:

I don’t think that falls in the category of “bad match-up” as much as it does “something unexpected that you need to play around”. The heal and the fire extinguisher require discards to use and the model taking the those actions must be within 4 inches and LoS of the Steam Trunk and to use them both in the same activation they also need to be within 8 inches and LoS of Von Schill. Those abilities are also on a 4 Wd model whose only protection is Df 6 and Armor +1.

Indeed, he hid it behind Hannah..so I couldn't see it. 

16 hours ago, Primarch said:

I may mis-remember, but you can only use the steam trunks to put yourself out, rather than other people? If so, then you just make sure that your setting fire is on already activated models. 

If I'm wrong, and you're planning on using Kaeris to set fire to things, you then need to really work on getting rid of the steam trunk. Kill it, or Grab and drop, to just move it away from where you want it .

Yes the steam trunk can ruin your plan. So you will have to make a new plan when you see it on the table. 

8 hours ago, Adran said:

I may mis-remember, but you can only use the steam trunks to put yourself out, rather than other people? If so, then you just make sure that your setting fire is on already activated models. 

If I'm wrong, and you're planning on using Kaeris to set fire to things, you then need to really work on getting rid of the steam trunk. Kill it, or Grab and drop, to just move it away from where you want it .

Yes the steam trunk can ruin your plan. So you will have to make a new plan when you see it on the table. 

Basically everyone get a (0) discard card to target model 3" away to remove burning

6 hours ago, Adran said:

You are mis-remembering. The Steam Trunk has 3 zero actions that can be used by any friendly model within 4:aura. The Fire Extinguisher action can target a model within 3" of the model that takes the action. It's the action that heals and removes poison that can only be used on the model taking the action.

• Like 1

So I am currently running this with Kaeris and having a lot of success, Just wondered what peoples thoughts are?

My activations with her are generally card draw, pushing enemy models with blinding flame or triple walking to grab and drop something useful out of position. For instance vs Ulix she picked up old major to bring him into my crew for public demo, then he was finished the following turn. I'm also trying Blade and Claw but in two games haven't found the opportune moment to cast it.

• Kaeris - Grab and Drop/Seize the Day/Blinding Flame
  • Malifaux Child
  • Joss - Open Current or Bleeding Edge Tech/Imbued Energies or Howard Langston - Imbued Energies
  • Angelica - Blade and Claw
  • Cojo - Well rehearsed
  • Slate Ridge Mauler - Circus Bear
  • Moleman
  • Medical Automaton or Arcane Effigy

Plus I can fiddle with upgrades to fit an extra moleman, hoarcat pride or union miner should I see fit for 9 activations.

The list is surprisingly tanky with lots of hard to kill, options to heal above said hard to kill, and generally easy access to schemes. Any one else given Blade and Claw a go? I can see it catching a lot of opponents out T2 onwards.

3 hours ago, Hollingydale said:
  • Kaeris - Grab and Drop/Seize the Day/Blinding Flame
  • Malifaux Child
  • Joss - Open Current or Bleeding Edge Tech/Imbued Energies or Howard Langston - Imbued Energies
  • Angelica - Blade and Claw
  • Cojo - Well rehearsed
  • Slate Ridge Mauler - Circus Bear
  • Moleman
  • Medical Automaton or Arcane Effigy

For me the problem with Kaeris is, that if you change Kaeris in that list for any other Arcanist master this will be a better list.

And an anotation, why people say Malifaux Child is good with Kaeris, I only want use 0Ap and Malifaux Child can't do that, are something that I doesn't see?

1 minute ago, Fictor said:

For me the problem with Kaeris is, that if you change Kaeris in that list for any other Arcanist master this will be a better list.

And an anotation, why people say Malifaux Child is good with Kaeris, I only want use 0Ap and Malifaux Child can't do that, are something that I doesn't see?

Setting models on fire. That's what the child does, without having to activate Kaeris, who can then either use for cards, or giving models flight and scheme markers. 

Kaeris will play that list very differently than another master as leader. 

2 hours ago, Adran said:

Setting models on fire. That's what the child does, without having to activate Kaeris, who can then either use for cards, or giving models flight and scheme markers. 

Kaeris will play that list very differently than another master as leader. 

Specifically Flaming Halo. The Child is typically casting it against friendly targets that relent and the attack has no TN so the -3Ca isn't an issue.  

1 hour ago, WWHSD said:

Specifically Flaming Halo. The Child is typically casting it against friendly targets that relent and the attack has no TN so the -3Ca isn't an issue.  

I now prefer flaming swoop. Light on fire as many as you want turn 1 as long as you lined them up. needs a 10+ on a positive flip to go off though Jinn has corrected me below that this is not legal

2 hours ago, Fictor said:

No other Arcanist master can offer you that level of positional control. It is very easy to say you can swap the master out and it's still a good crew (yes this is true) but Kaeris brings a lot of subtle unique plays which when all added together make her a great master. No one walks away from a game against Kaeris thinking "wow, Kaeris really bossed it today". But this is her subtle beauty, she enables your crew.

You can effectively move an enemy model within 8" of its starting place very very reliably and offer flight to any immobile members of your crew. The ability to give tanky/beatstick models a scheme marker in base contact at the end of their activation is massive as well in certain pools - no AP or (0)s wasted to scheme run.

Shes very very efficient but has to go releatively unnoticed to get the best out of her, in my opinion. 

Also attacking willpower with ca7 is boss in many situations! 

13 minutes ago, 7thSquirrel said:

I now prefer flaming swoop. Light on fire as many as you want turn 1 as long as you lined them up. needs a 10+ on a positive flip to go off though

Unfortunately Incinerating Swoop is a Wk action for some reason, meaning the child can't take it.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Jinn said:

Unfortunately Incinerating Swoop is a Wk action for some reason, meaning the child can't take it.

Probably why I hadn't considered it haha

2 minutes ago, Mr Janje said:

Probably me being Dumb, but where is the card draw coming from?

She has a (0) on her card to remove burning from all models within 3 and draw as many cards as models that removed burning, up to a maximum of 3.