Malifaux Mobile App

I'm pretty sure you already have better tools, as you said the hardest part is finding the latest version of Visual Studio

but since I inadvertently stepped into these

http://appstudio.windows.com/

http://channel9.msdn.com/Blogs/Windows-Phone/How-to-extend-an-App-Studio-app-using-Visual-Studio

We all WP users believe in you, Moose :)

So I was scanning through briefly.  Is there any update on a possible iOS availability date?  Excited to help test this out once it's available on my iPhone.

Don't worry, I'm still around and planning on doing this. I've not had a lot of time recently due to a death in the family. Once things settle down again, I will make releasing the iOS and Windows versions the #1 priority before adding anything else.

• 3 weeks later...

Can I make a suggestion for this to make it even more awesome but not get in trouble over copyrights.   Let people take a picture of the front and back of CARDS THEY OWN!!!  and link them to the listings in the crew list.

Simple database entry...  just need a save directory,  use camera,  and a modelID, frontpic, rearpic   the first one is the ID you use in the list already, the last two are just filenames.. simple table...  

DO NOT PROVIDE CARDS but let people use their own!

Just a thought.

Although Wyrd Putting out an app that does this would be amazing.... just sayin

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

Just updating here as well since I put this somewhere else, but I'm back working on this. My wife has very specific instructions to not let me do anything tonight that is not directly related to fixing issues with the crew creator, or developing the iOS and Windows Phone 8 versions. I'm certain I've gotten the correct version of the windows phone IDE and SDK now so getting that done shouldn't be to much of an issue, and hopefully the guys at apple don't make me jump through to many hoops to get the iOS version done.

I'm hoping to get this all ready for an official store release for all platforms in time for GenCon. It's going to be close so if I don't make it in time, please don't be mad. I'm going to be at GenCon this year so I you have any suggestions you'd like to see or issues you're having that you want me to look at and fix, let me know and I will do what I can. I'm also planning to take my stuff with me and release updates to get the latest book info released while I'm at GenCon.

• Like 1

Great job as I mentioned befote. I've recommended this app to several at the LGS who all love it.

Main problem I have is Save/Load crews as the app keeps reading the main menu (merc/model select) underneath the pop up Save window on my phone (android biotic...can't recall version number atm). This makes it nearly impossible to save as everytime I try to hit the save/load buttons, unless I hold my mouth just right and sacrifice a chicken to the Android gods first, I end up cancelling the action and instead rebring up the model list menu underneath it.

Keep up the good work though. I look forward to future updates.

• 2 weeks later...

The Window Phone 8 app was just sumbitted and hopefully should be going up on the store pretty soon (although Microsoft is saying it can take up to 5 business days) for anyone that is interested. I'm also going to be releasing an android update to fix a couple of small issues that needed to be addressed and they were fixed in the process of generating the Windows and iOS versions. Once you can get it, please let me know how it works, since I only have the emulator to go off of. If I get an email saying it is up, then I'll update here.

The iOS version should be getting finished up tonight and will be sent out as soon as it's ready.

• Like 4

It'll be at least a few days because apple typically has a 3-4 day queue for approving apps to be on the store. Unfortunately there is nothing I can do to spwe'd up the process, since once it's sent off to Apple, it's out of my hands. Also have to go through this process every time there is an update and if you fail, you have to fix the issue and resubmit the app again.

It'll be at least a few days because apple typically has a 3-4 day queue for approving apps to be on the store. Unfortunately there is nothing I can do to spwe'd up the process, since once it's sent off to Apple, it's out of my hands. Also have to go through this process every time there is an update and if you fail, you have to fix the issue and resubmit the app again.

Thanks I had no idea how this stuff works.

Question for the mighty moose.

Is there a way we can modify/update the FAQ file?  Or are we stuck waiting for an update.  I love that I can get to the FAQ data from inside the app, but it's referencing the old data, and I have no idea if it's even updatable.

Just downloaded and starting playing with the windows phone version.  Will post a fuller impressions post later, but one thing i wanted to point out is that with my lumia icon, when using the crew creator, it seems to be a bit fussy when I try to add a second upgrade to a model.  even though i am clicking the + (or think i am) it usually isn't registering.  I think it has mostly to do with the size of the icon and the close proximity to the x to remove the previously added one that I am naturally gravitating a little low?

When I zoom in to click the button it isn't so much of a problem, but will get frustrating zooming in and out all the time.  Maybe either a little more spacing between the options or something would make it a little easier.

Once I'm more awake and have had a little bit more time to look at it I'll see if I still feel the same way, as well as add the rest of my impressions.

Glad to see it and thanks for the hard work.

The Windows version is now live at: http://www.windowsphone.com/en-us/store/app/the-breach/079e3f8f-739e-4378-a176-ae9c59dc5e47

I'm also building an quick android update as we speak to update the FAQ. The version I'm getting out right now has the latest FAQ in it. In time, I want to try and link people to the Live FAQ page if you have a connection to the internet, but I'm currently doing it this way so that people can access the FAQ while offline.

I'm planning on making the buttons bigger (I'm thinking about 50% or so) when I've got a chance since a bunch of people have asked for that, just trying to get everything nailed down and approved on the different stores so people can access them.

The Windows version is now live at: http://www.windowsphone.com/en-us/store/app/the-breach/079e3f8f-739e-4378-a176-ae9c59dc5e47

I'm also building an quick android update as we speak to update the FAQ. The version I'm getting out right now has the latest FAQ in it. In time, I want to try and link people to the Live FAQ page if you have a connection to the internet, but I'm currently doing it this way so that people can access the FAQ while offline.

I'm planning on making the buttons bigger (I'm thinking about 50% or so) when I've got a chance since a bunch of people have asked for that, just trying to get everything nailed down and approved on the different stores so people can access them.

Speaking as someone on a finite data plan, I wholeheartedly endorse an offline capable mode.  What about having it check to see if a new file is posted, then downloading only if needed?  Or better yet some control to halt it from downloading the file when not on wifi.

• Like 1

Lumia 620(Ram 512Mb class) Wp8, it says "Content not available". I suppose since it's still fresh uploaded, and I'm in Italy.

Can't wait to try it :) Thanks!

When it says "Content not available", what exactly was it you were doing. I'm just trying to get a feel for the issue so I have an idea of where to start fixing the issue. For the Windows Phones, I'm going to have to rely on the users to tell me what the issues are since I don't have a Windows Phone or tablet to test on, just the emulator on my pc and that seemed to be working fine.

When it says "Content not available", what exactly was it you were doing. I'm just trying to get a feel for the issue so I have an idea of where to start fixing the issue. For the Windows Phones, I'm going to have to rely on the users to tell me what the issues are since I don't have a Windows Phone or tablet to test on, just the emulator on my pc and that seemed to be working fine.

Got it! You developed it with the very last tool, so it is a WP8.1 app. 8.1 is only available for two Lumia atm, the update will be available for the other devices within August.

I'll wait patiently :)

Just downloaded it on my lumia 1520 (8.1 beta). Only ran it through some quick kind of things. Created a crew. Saved it. Modified it. Saved a new one. Loaded them up. Browsed around the different sections.

Everything worked pretty great.  I will echo that even on that stupidly big 6" screen the buttons felt a little small until I flipped to landscape. They were functional enough, so just a minor irritant.  I was a bit confused when I hit the back button from the "Strategies and Schemes" section and it sent me back to Home; just because it's atypical of standard Windows Phone apps (I expected it would have taken me to the main screen once again). Once I saw the buttons at the top turned to pulldowns it was all well and good.

I didn't go in depth looking for any kind of crew rules stuff. I figure plenty of people have been looking at that stuff for a while.  All in all a really fantastic app. Thanks for all the hard work and bringing it to so many platforms!

I'll download and give it a test on my lumia 525 once I get home as well.

Got it! You developed it with the very last tool, so it is a WP8.1 app. 8.1 is only available for two Lumia atm, the update will be available for the other devices within August.

I'll wait patiently :)

Yeah, unfortuantly I can only build for 8.1 since I need Windows 8.1 Pro for the Emulators (Not sure why) or else I'd have to pay about $500 just for the non express visual studio in order to do this. While I'd love to have a better version of Visual Studio, that's a bit out of my price range for an app that I'm not making any money on because I don't want to annoy people by putting ads in the app. I'm glad to hear that other devices should be getting the update soon.

Just downloaded it on my lumia 1520 (8.1 beta). Only ran it through some quick kind of things. Created a crew. Saved it. Modified it. Saved a new one. Loaded them up. Browsed around the different sections.

Everything worked pretty great.  I will echo that even on that stupidly big 6" screen the buttons felt a little small until I flipped to landscape. They were functional enough, so just a minor irritant.  I was a bit confused when I hit the back button from the "Strategies and Schemes" section and it sent me back to Home; just because it's atypical of standard Windows Phone apps (I expected it would have taken me to the main screen once again). Once I saw the buttons at the top turned to pulldowns it was all well and good.

I didn't go in depth looking for any kind of crew rules stuff. I figure plenty of people have been looking at that stuff for a while.  All in all a really fantastic app. Thanks for all the hard work and bringing it to so many platforms!

I'll download and give it a test on my lumia 525 once I get home as well.

Awesome, glad to hear it is working. The main things I'm worried about are the saved data after turning the phone off and on again as well as the links to the FAQ and Websites (just want to make sure they work since I'm new to using WinJS rather than just javascript & jquery). I wish I had some kind of control over the back button and I'll see if there is a way to get that going, but from what people are saying, it is just a limitation of the OS and not something an app can handle (Will try to fix it though). As I've said for the button sizes, I'm definitly going to increase the size. They seemed good to me when I was developing, but if this many people are having issues, then it has to change.

The main things I'm worried about are the saved data after turning the phone off and on again as well as the links to the FAQ and Websites (just want to make sure they work since I'm new to using WinJS rather than just javascript & jquery).

Just ran a quick test on the lumia 1520. Hit all the main menu buttons and they opened in my browser just fine. Went back in to make sure my saved crews were still there and loading correctly, then shutdown the phone, powered back up and voila... saved crews still there and loading fine.

Hope that helps.

I'll try not to forget to do the same on my 525 at home tonight. ;)