Malifaux Mobile App

I've heard this requested for the WarmaHordes app many times:

-A Crew Collection function (basically a way of listing all of your models), possibly by level of paint (purchased, assembled, primed, painted), even more awesome would be the ability to add your own photos to a model's entry in the Crew Collection list, to keep a record of your painted models, and possibly show them off (if the Crew Collection function has a share function).

--As an additional function, having the Crew Collection integrate with the Crew Creator section (by highlighting available models), would be pretty awesome for lazy people

These are just suggestions. I'm certainly not making demands (sorry, I read enough Warroom App threads that I felt the need for a disclaimer :)

I'd call the app The Breach.

Just as in the game's fluff, the characters must utilize the breach to journey to Malifaux, and to take advantage of the riches there, so your app seems to be envisioned as a 1 stop shop for everything, except the rules book, that a player needs to interact with the game of Malifaux. Seems appropriate to me.

• Like 3

I may be able to help with the iOS thing and not wanting to upload it to the Apple Store to give it to the beta testers. I'm currently working as an Alpha tester for the "Cosplanner" app and we aren't using the Apple store to pass out the app.

All the other apps seem to be named using a combination of variants of the words army and list so I'd go with "Fate's Roster"

Ok so quick update for everyone (I'll update the main post when I get a minute to do so)

@everyone Right now my plan is to get some beta builds generated and put up this weekend. I'll keep you updated with how thats going.

@solkan Yeah, my wife also suggested Test Flight as a means of distributing a beta app and from what I've seen it looks like it will do the trick for iOS devices, but not android. That's why I've found a system almost identical to Test Flight called Test Fairy, that does Android apps. Also I'm using Cordova to generate the apps so I only have to write code once.

@ anyone with windows phone Since there seem to be so many of you, I'm going to to my best to support Windows phones as well. the Cordova API is supposed to be able to handle all of the major phone OS's and Windows Phone 8 seems to be no different. Microsoft has even setup a built in beta distribution into their store, so that handles how I'm going to do the beta

@Fetid Strumpet I really like the name 'The Breach'. I'm gonna go with that for now. Thanks :lol:

@Cats Laughing I like the idea of having a collection manager, as well as some kind of intergration into the crew creator, but I think it would be better if the crew creator filtered out models you dont have rather than highlighting the ones you do have. Could also add different filter levels (ie. All Models, Models I Own, Painted Models Only)

• Like 2

Provided this doesn't get squashed w/ permission, I'd happily test a build on my N9 running harmattan (meego/maemo hybrid from right before nokia sold out).

Quick research suggests that Cordova-qt does support it, though I can understand if there is never a build for it (as is all too often the case ;)

• Like 1