Malifaux Mobile App

I love it, however I would like to see a way to show the info on the upgrade cards so we know what they do. Even if it is just a quick blurb about it. I think that would assist the newer players like myself who don't know all the upgrades and what they can do as well as people trying out new masters and don't know the master all to well. Even if it is a glossary added to an additional section of the app.

I know this was addressed but even listing (with permission) the abilities without any details would help with upgrades in crew building when 'out and about' without access to my arsenal decks (like many I have gamer ADD and have many crews an don't always remember upgrades by name).

if your wanting stats and all the card info in it you might find that pushes any agreement with Wyrd... Maybe they might have another version of this like the PP War Room app where you can buy faction decks so then you can have the cards on the fly

I remember this being discussed around the time of M2E beta wave 1 and I believe the answer was something along the lines of, we're not doing anything like that right now, but may or may not be open to a community member starting something and going from there.

Ultimately I would love to see this project turn into full-featured digital card management; complete with not only crew creation, saving, and wound/condition tracking, but rules as well. Ever since the start of the open beta I've wanted an app that would allow me to not use cards. I'd pay a hefty amount for it, too. It's not something I expect to see anytime soon; the current plan for the app will be plenty useful. I intend to start making use of it already, in fact. 

What I'd like to know is, perhaps depending on the result of this project, if there is the potential for Wyrd to inject some officialness into this thing to produce that level of functionality. 

I want to go ahead and thank all of you who have signed up and been testing the app for android. In less than a week, you have allready managed to break over 250 hours of testing, and provided some great feedback that I think will make the app that much better. I've included a lot of your ideas and have added a couple of my own as alternatives to your suggestions. I've got one little thing left to do and I'll be putting a new version up as soon as it's done.

So THANKS EVERYONE!

• Like 1

I just wanted to say, as a new Malifaux player, thank you very much for this app (Android version and the others for those who are dirty Iphone users  :P
I have used this quite a bit and plan to keep using it as it is very handy. Again, thank you for all your hard work.

I've just downloaded the update for it.

1 bug I've found is when you do Strat/Scheme generations the 1st/2nd and 3rd/4th cards for schemes are being generated as the same card. I have so far done about 20 generations of it and they are always 2 sets of the same card.

That's how Scheme generation is supposed to work. Four Schemes are generated from two cards: one for each numerical value and one for each suit. He's just printing the full card's value in front of each Strat instead of breaking them up.

I've just downloaded the update for it.

1 bug I've found is when you do Strat/Scheme generations the 1st/2nd and 3rd/4th cards for schemes are being generated as the same card. I have so far done about 20 generations of it and they are always 2 sets of the same card.

CritterKiller32 nailed this on the head. I could have let people pick individual cards and generate from that, but personally if I was going to go about manually selecting 4 schemes, I'd rather just see the Schemes and not have to worry about cross referencing cards.

I've also made a note to go in and specify that the 1st 2 drop downs represent the Scheme Suits while the 2nd set represent the numbers.

Finally as you said, since I haven't had time to announce it yet. New version just went up today. If you previously downloaded the app, then you should have received an email telling you that the new version is up. Please go ahead and try it out and let me know what you think.

Cool new stuff. The Summon List page is great. I was wanting something like that in my last game using Dreamer.

Only thing I saw was a typo in the Menu: 'Stratgey & Schemes'

Thanks, I'm notoriously bad about missspelling Strategy (actually almost did it right there).

Do we know when a windows version is likely to be available? 

I'm sorry about the lack of windows versions. I've been meaning to do it. The only thing that keeps stopping me is I have to get the correct version of Visual studios installed and I apparently keep downloading the wrong one. Each time I download it, it's at least a GB in size (usually a lot more), so it takes a while, plus it kill my network (makes wife angry), then I have to go through all the setup and try and build the app only to find out I grabbed the wrong version again. I am trying, I promise. I just happen to be failing a lot harder than normal.

As a dream future expansion, which would definitely need a much higher degree of permission from Wyrd, I'd love for there to be an in-game mode. Have it so you canload your crew and either load an opponent's crew, or create their crew, then replace the information from a the model's cards with the app (swipe between, wound models, summon models, track conditions). 

I'll be loading and testing out this app on a Galaxy S3 for now though. 

As a dream future expansion, which would definitely need a much higher degree of permission from Wyrd, I'd love for there to be an in-game mode. Have it so you canload your crew and either load an opponent's crew, or create their crew, then replace the information from a the model's cards with the app (swipe between, wound models, summon models, track conditions). 

I'll be loading and testing out this app on a Galaxy S3 for now though. 

That is actually on my list of future ideas. Currently, other than getting the app deployed to other mobile devices, my 2 big additions I'd like to add are the Collection Manager and something to track games (All encounter info including both sides crews, conditions, wounds, scores, and the turn number).

• Like 1

That's how Scheme generation is supposed to work. Four Schemes are generated from two cards: one for each numerical value and one for each suit. He's just printing the full card's value in front of each Strat instead of breaking them up.

and this is what happens when I'm testing instead of sleeping!

I'm thinking it just looked incorrect when I was playing with it!