Malifaux Mobile App

Updates for the stuff released at GenCon have been uploaded. Windows and Android are good to go, iOS may take a day or 2 before it is available.

Change Log

- Added new generic upgrades

- Fixed various hiring issues.

- Crew Creator now links directly to Web version

- Ability to copy Crews as Text or BBCode from inside app (not available on WIndows, due to a lack of a Clipboard API at the moment. Code is in place, just waiting for Microsoft to make the API available to use the clipboard again.)

Upcoming changes next update

- Bigger Buttons

- Collection Manager (No SE models to being with).

What happened to the iOS update?

Hey, sorry about the lack of updates or responses to people so far. I've recieved several emails from people wondering about the status of this app and when I'm planning to update, so I figure I should post here and let everyone know. Unfortunatly, I've been on a bit of a hiatus since right after GenCon due to unforseen circumstances that have just been overwhelming. Between medical issues of both myself and my family, car troubles, my son damaging the computer I use to primarily develop on, and various other issues, I've not had a lot of time to work on this app since I've had to figure out how I'm going to fix everything that's happening.

I am happy to say that a most of these issues have been resolved, and I should have more time to get back to working on this app. I'm going to go through all of the issues people have pointed out and try to have something ready for this weekend. If I don't then I'll give you an updated time frame to the best of my knowledge.

Thank you all for your continued patience and concern as a community, and I hope to be able to start contributing to such a great community again soon.

• Like 3

Hah

Impatience from many folks demanding you do significant work for free, take your time, your work thus far is brilliant and very useful I am happy to wait.

On that note I hope you and yours are improving in health, nothing is more important, so best wishes.

B)

• Like 3

So, here's my update since I wasn't able to get anything out over the weekend.

I've got all the data files and the FAQ updated in my code base so those are ready to go as soon as I can publish. However, I didn't realize just how much changed while I wasn't paying attention, which has caused a couple of snags. I'll just list those for you here.

1) Google found a security issue with the verison of cordova-phonegap I was using (v3.4), which has been fixed in v3.5. I've read over the security concerns and it shouldn't cause anyone problems since I don't use the features that are a part of the security issue. That being said, Google has still identified the app as using Cordova v3.4, and will be taking down any apps that aren't updated in the near future. I'm in the process of updating to the most recent version (v3.6) which most involves downloading and installing some new versions (which on my crappy network, took some time). If all goes well, I should have this version ready to go tonight.

2) Apple just released iOS8 as I'm sure MANY of you allready knew. What you may not know is that this requires some code changes in cordova. Once again, the fix here is to update to v3.6 which will be going on tonight while I work on publishing the android version. I plan to publish tonight, if possible (I won't be able to get started until late tonight). If I can't do it tonight, then it will be done tomorrow night.

3) Windows, nothing really new here. I just have to copy over the updated files and publish the new version. Unfortuantly, this will be one of the harder ones since the laptop I do the Windows Phone development on is also the one with a damaged screen. While this does make it difficult, it's not impossible to use. I will publish this version once the other 2 are out, since Windows doesn't have any pressing new concerns to deal with at the moment.

• Like 4

So here's an idea for an added feature... for when you add the "Collection Manager" :)

Add a field to each model listing which arsenal pack it is in... and a report of which arsenal packs are needed for your collection.

I have a bunch of stuff that I just haven't taken the time to look up and see just which arsenal pack they are in.  If I could just add all my stuff to the collection manager and then pop up a report of which arsenal packs are used, that would be sooooo helpful.

You could just add a "Wave 1/M2E" or "Wave 2/Crossroads" flag to each model which would help, but for some dual faction stuff the specific arsenal pack would be helpful.

Just a thought!

Hey everyone. Getting these updates out has taken a bit more time than expected. I've been sitting on these updates ready to try and publish them, but just haven't had the time. So here's the run down. Android is already out, iOS is submitted (just need to wait and see if it gets approved), Windows is getting started and is hopefully just going to involve simply replacing 2 files and clicking through a wizard if I'm not mistaken, so hopefully shouldn't take to long. 

• Like 1

You can have my first born. No, seriously, take the little demon, please! :D

And, on a more serious note, I fully appreciate your effort for this app. Don't worry about rushing (as far as I'm concerned). I'm just happy it works so well.

Actually as payment, can I NOT have you're first born (Allready got one which is why I am a couple of days behind from where I wanted to be.)

My app will not update. Even in google play, it does not have the option. I only know an update is needed because of this thread.

Every time you tell us there is an update, I need to delete the app (along with all my saved crews) and then reinstall it.

Yeah I have the same problem. Also, can tell because the FAQ is from 7/1

That is a problem. I'm fairly certain that there is nothing I can do about it on my end since I know that both my wife's and my phones alerted us about the updates with no problem. I will still look into it and see if it may have been an issue with my version numbering, or if there might be some setting that I have checked that is causing this problem. I'll PM you guys once I know more. 

Just to check, once you guys manually update, what app are you using to look at the FAQ, and what is the date on the FAQ. I ask because I noticed in testing that the Adobe app cache's pdf's and loads the cached version of files with the same name. I'll try changing the name of the pdf each time to get around this problem.

Yeah I have the same problem. Also, can tell because the FAQ is from 7/1

Had the same issue on my Nexus 7. App. updates, but the FAQ does not (7/1). Same result with three different PDF readers (ezPDF Reader, Foxit PDF and Quickoffice).

To resolve, I went into the OS>Settings>Apps>App info settings for "The Breach" and Cleared the data. Upon relaunching the app, the correct FAQ (9/1) launches when clicking the link. Of course it's not ideal, as saved crew lists are also wiped. Hope this info helps with troubleshooting.

• Like 1

I noticed that my FAQ was out of date as well on my nexus 5 so I pulled up The Breach in the play store. It didn't list an update available so I hit uninstall and then immediately reinstalled. Worked fine. The new FAQ showed up.

However, it does seem to lose any saved crew lists if you use this method.

I noticed that my FAQ was out of date as well on my nexus 5 so I pulled up The Breach in the play store. It didn't list an update available so I hit uninstall and then immediately reinstalled. Worked fine. The new FAQ showed up.

However, it does seem to lose any saved crew lists if you use this method.

That's because the crew data is stored in an Application level cache, so that it can persist between uses without having to write the data to a specific file, I'm going to try some things to fix new updates not being detected as well as people's pdf readers caching the FAQ between updates after I get the new Windows version out.

I'm fairly certain that if I make the name of the FAQ file unique, that will fix that issue, (I just made it FAQ.pdf so that I could replace it quickly and not have to change any code). As for updates not being detected, I think there may have been a version numbering issue, which is why some people didn't get notified of new versions while others did. The app's number on the store is version 10001 (1.0.2) where as the previous version was 2 (1.0.2). It is my belief that some phones are using the first number to identify updates (like my wifes Galaxy S5), while others are using the second number (everyone that had an issue), which didn't change between releases. I'll make sure both numbers change next time to see if that really is the issue or if I need to look elsewhere for a solution.

Mine didn't update either, but a few admissions:

I was still using the original, last updated, beta file from here. My FAQ still read 5/1. I deleted it and redownloaded. It now reads 9/1

I am using a Biotic Android Version 2.3.4

I like pie.

:D

yeah, the beta was handled by a different service so it wouldn't be able to update from the beta to the release version.

• 5 weeks later...