11 hours ago, Terwox said:

Why focus?  If you Obey her to throw twice it's the same odds of hitting a crow.  It's also more dangerous for the rat you're throwing at -- more of a chance of hitting double severe than triple.

You can't obey her to attack twice. That's why you obey the first time for focus, to get to look at the 2 cards. And the more cards you get to look at and pick from, the lower chance of you killing your target, so you are never more likely to kill the rat if you have focused more than if you haven't. 

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

Thanks to Arcane reservoir and it having most of the listings I can See Bradley (Abnormalfaux) used him at least 4 times (Don't know for the 5th)

Jacob (Trump card) was 3 times, Arashi (Drunk history) was 3 times, Nathen  (yorkfaux) twice and Ali (2G1PP) twice. 

Can't tell you how they did. 

• 1 month later...

High df models with defensive stance and cover?

Ideally you should have enough blocking terrain to require you to move into l.o.s before you can start being shot to pieces.

Focus shots and lures on the trapper so the changelings usefulness is dismissed either by forcing them to come after him and denying focus or by killing him altogether.

Use Cannon fodder such as your ratkings to waste their shots while you summon one each turn and ideally blight bomb other clusters with pipes, nix etc.

On 2017-6-27 at 0:02 AM, Cedar said:

One of my opponents is regularly playing 3 changelings and a trapper. How to deal with them? I tried to use A&D or my own snipers but my attempts failed miserably. I appreciate any help.

If there isn't enough terrain to hide the Wretch,

a ) place more terrain on the table

b ) hide her behind a Ht 3 model (emissary works wonders)

there shouldn't be enough firing lanes on the table for 4 grouped-up snipers to shoot freely.

• 3 weeks later...

So with cats coming, I am looking at Hamelin.  I have listed to the max value guys, and I hear one of them talk about his Hamelin crew, 2 big beaters, full stones, 2 crooligans and such (it seems he starts with no rats or rat Kings, or nix).  I just don't get what Hamelin is doing or if he is doing any rat stuff.  If you know or play that kind of crew any/as much info would be great.

Thanks

Steven

P.S. if there is a podcast that explains it all, I must have missed it, but feel free to point me to it.

Generating rats with Hamelin is easy. He can summon Stolen who turn into rats, and any enemy model (or friendly model with blight) that dies within six inches of him summons a rat. I throw in the Obedient Wretch for extra summoning, but that's only a four stone commitment.

Since summoning with Hamelin is an incidental effect, and he's not a particularly hitty master himself, he operates well when supporting the rest of his crew with the Obey ability from The Piper upgrade. To maximize the effectiveness (and given you'll never really be outactivated (unless you're playing against a max summoning Leveticus crew that keeps turning your rats into abominations)) you take some beefy beaters who can benefit from the extra actions he can hand out without worrying about numbers of activations (seriously, one 2 stone Stolen gives you three activations in the first turn).

For me, Hamelin is an Obey master, lurer (with Pipes), blight machine (see how many points of blight you can get on an enemy beater, then drop Bleeding Disease on it), and incidental summoner.

I take the Plague only when I want to play as Blight Hamelin, with Nix and (after wave 5) Benny Wolcomb. The Plague gives you a reliable way of putting Blight on enemy models (with 14" range and SH6) and, after luring your opponent, you may Obey Rat King (or Nix with Hollow) to charge that enemy model for (1) AP. In few particular scenarios Blight Hamelin is better than Obey Hamelin (at least in my opinion), but it's usually during fixed master tournaments, when you would know what master you would be against.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, cryion said:

I dont understand how "Pipes" is a good abiilty. Or why I would spend 2 stones on The Plague?
It's a Lure. On a 6. With a gun symbol. No damage if I want to put Blightened+1 on the target.
Someone please enlighten me.

As said. Start the blight accumulation on a model, draw it closer, 1AP charge it with a Rat King (two successful hits that's 3 points of blight almost immediately, 4 at the end of turn). Without really trying I've stacked about 8 blight on Seamus, after he cleared the previous lot of blight with Chiaki.

4 hours ago, Zebo said:

How works a Max Summoning Leveticus Crew? 

I think I've never heard about it. 

Leveticus, desolate soul, from ash, 7 cache

Rusty Alyce, desolate soul, from aether

Desolation Engine

Ashes and Dust

2 Hollow Waifs

Every model is capable of summoning abominations (except the Waifs). On the first turn drop a scrap marker with Alyce and turn it into an abomination with Leveticus for the extra activation. Rusty (on her gun) Desolation, and Ashes and Dust, have minimum 3 damage that can, on a :crow trigger, turn a killed model into an abomination. Abominations too can (if you get really lucky) turn a killed model into an abomination. Rats have 3 wounds. I had Ashes drawn into combat with Hamelin by Baby Kade, Ashes made three attacks against two rats and a Stolen that were surrounding Hamelin. I flipped one :crow and cheated two, and ended up surrounding Hamelin with three abominations. That swing, combined with the lack of (0) and suits for Hamelin for the two turns until he managed to kill the abominations meant I was out-activating him for the rest of the game.

• Like 2

You use pipes if a player is silly enough to leave a model without cover, or you focus and pipes or pipes after a lure (kade) or obey(hamelin) you've now successfully pulled the model out of their safety zone and given them blight.
In most cases you will have out activated them and can continue to blight them with other models especially if you're running your summoning machine properly as you'll have rat kings to charge as 1pt activations, before bleeding disease on cranked up blight the following turn.

This style of play works especially well if you can hand out blight early with Nix and the above set up as you disassemble your opponents machine one piece at a time picking off important models while your models run round achieving schemes.
It pulls apart "elite" (high ss models - low numbers) crews easily but is or ideal against swarms of wheenies or summoners unless you can apply blight to backbone pieces of the crew and watch the remainder fall apart.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

So pipes isn't really as much an offensive use as much as it is utility for your own crew. Pipes sure is great if your opponent isn't in cover and their defense is lower then their willpower. Since you have an obey at 12 inches vs 14 obeys are much better most of the time. However pipes is very very useful on your own models. This is best utilized on high charge models such as bishop and desolation engine and maximizes AP use. Basically getting two walks out of your big beater for one master AP that has no TN (huge deal). You maximize your beaters AP by doing this semi slingshot and can also pull over extended modes back into your ranks. 

Also on a less relevenat note I played Hamelin 5 times at ITC (Jacob from trump card).

7 hours ago, Mutter said:

Maybe I'm just thick, but how are you getting two walks out of Pipes?

when you lure bishop you get to move him his charge after you blight him with a rat so you get 7 inches instead of 4 basically two walks. Same for deolation engine who is walk 5 cg 8. a usual first turn is walking hamelin up twice turn one and luring up your big threat. i often try to take two walks to a position i wont have to move the rest of the game to maximize his efficiency. Being nonchargeable is cool like that.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

I agree with @Seadhna. Plague pits are amazing, as it turns even stolen into very powerful model. Benny offers many abilities, like turning enemy scheme markers into your own, casting Bleeding Disease and summoning hordes of rats. 
I don't like Useful Verimin - of course, it is powerful in certain scheme pools, but Hamelin already has many ways to complete schemes that require markers.

11 hours ago, Cedar said:

I agree with @Seadhna. Plague pits are amazing, as it turns even stolen into very powerful model. Benny offers many abilities, like turning enemy scheme markers into your own, casting Bleeding Disease and summoning hordes of rats. 
I don't like Useful Verimin - of course, it is powerful in certain scheme pools, but Hamelin already has many ways to complete schemes that require markers.

Don't like useful vermin? Dear gods its so strong. Effortless 2 scheme markers a turn that are highly mobile thanks to rats getting reactivate through catchers? The fact that no other model has to spend AP to make a scheme marker in your crew now is pretty huge. A fun thing to do will be to have Benny drop a marker, bait out their big beater into him. Have them hit him twice. Then at end of turn drop 2 rats Benny generated by being hit for scheme markers. Boom. Set up and maybe FFM on top if you Frame Benny. I'll take 6 points for a total of 1 AP. That's all theoretical of course, but anytime you can drop scheme markers without spending AP, its winning.