Nicodem's Coat bottom

necroon

Has anyone else had trouble with this?

The part of the coat bottom where the prosthetic leg should go doesn't see to want to fit right without cutting half of the slot off and leaving no room for the leg.... I'm trying to figure out if it's me or the mold... it might very well be me: I'm not great at assembly, but wanted to know if  anyone else have this problem or had any advice. I put a bit of force on the coat but it didn't bend or shape and I don't want to break it. 

IIRC when i was putting together Nicodem...  i had to glue his living leg to the coat bottom and feed the mechanical leg up thru the coat and glue it that way....sort of an odd way to do it but to get the look of the sculpt right i can understand it.....  

so question is did you glue the two legs together first?

--Woe

• Like 1

ohh np...like i said  it wasnt very intuitive initially....  first instinct is to glue two legs together i guess...  

also not knowing you or how new to the modeling hobby you are, but seeing that you stated you are not very good at assembly...i cannot recommend more,  getting in a habit of test fitting parts before applying glue .   it was a lesson i learned the hard way and would be quite proud of myself if i can help others avoid such a fate as i had....

--Woe

• Like 1

Yeah Thats exactly what I did... oh well Ill grab some debonder and try again tomorow. I'm pretty new to models this detailed: other than these I've really only dealt with early Privateer Press molds and the pewter Malifaux stuff so for me these are quite the step up! I'll work on the test fitting thing going forward. Again: I really appreciate the guidance.

Blue Tac, this small square of stuff used for hanging posters without damaging the wall paint, is excellent for holding together plastic parts while trying to figure out how to assemble them as well. Had to do it once or twice on some models. Also, being reusable, I then apply it to the base of a model and tac it onto a spare paint pot so I don't handle the model when painting it.

• Like 3

Blue Tac, this small square of stuff used for hanging posters without damaging the wall paint, is excellent for holding together plastic parts while trying to figure out how to assemble them as well. Had to do it once or twice on some models. Also, being reusable, I then apply it to the base of a model and tac it onto a spare paint pot so I don't handle the model when painting it.

That's... a really good idea. 

I have a ton of that stuff around and it certainly doesn't hold posters to the wall for very long (Grrr!) but now that I think about it would be very well served for something like this!