Lucius commanding Nephilim

Burnin'Plus1

Since picking up the game this year I have only played Sonnis and Lucius.  I really really like Lucius despite what I feel as a large learning curve with him.  I"m looking at crossing him over to Leading a Neverborn crew now.  Does anyone have advice for hiring Nephilim with him?  I really like the potential with him and Black Blood Shaman, maybe take Rapid Growth as well.  Surprisingly Loyal would get me some target softening ability with Guild Riflemen.  Anyone tried something like this?

Since picking up the game this year I have only played Sonnis and Lucius.  I really really like Lucius despite what I feel as a large learning curve with him.  I"m looking at crossing him over to Leading a Neverborn crew now.  Does anyone have advice for hiring Nephilim with him?  I really like the potential with him and Black Blood Shaman, maybe take Rapid Growth as well.  Surprisingly Loyal would get me some target softening ability with Guild Riflemen.  Anyone tried something like this?

The Nephilim are a decent choice with him, but have you thought about a Teddy? He can move it around the board fairly quickly, and its regeneration makes it a great target for Devil's Deal.

If you are planning to make a list centering on Rapid Growth, remember that once a Nephilim hits Mature, it isn't a minion any more, which limits Lucius' ability to do stuff with it.

If you like to go the growth route, have a look on Mr. Graves. He is able to take the rapid growth upgrade, has a good melee attack (look at the rapid growth upgrade, the bearer of this upgrade can slay opponents and other nephilim nearby may grow) and offers some intresting movement tricks. Though he is no minion and therefore can´t get the heavy Lucius support.

Dopplegangers are obvious pickups still with Lucius, regardless of faction.  Especially when running Nephilim, which hit very hard and very fast but have glass jaws, going first on key turns is great.

Obviously you're looking at synergy with minions, and growing those minions, if you're running nephilim Lucius.  Fortunately, Tots are great objective runners and Young are effective hitters.  Teddy and Kade bring options but honestly I think you'd be fine with Lucius, Graves (For Rapid Growth), Doppleganger, and just fill to taste with Tots and Young.  Lucius' ability to grant AP can have a multiplicative effect when used on Nephilim.  Tot's Sprint action can effectively give you two walks for the price of one, and Young's melee attacks can trigger more attacks.  Since efficiency is the name of the game when Lucius runs the show, you should do alright.

• Like 1

Don't overlook Jacob's models. Illuminated and Beckoners are both very good and synergies very well with Lucius being minions. I also think a sorrow could be quite interesting, Lucius allowing it to get into position to try and paralyse models easier than anyone else.

Don't overlook Jacob's models. Illuminated and Beckoners are both very good and synergies very well with Lucius being minions. I also think a sorrow could be quite interesting, Lucius allowing it to get into position to try and paralyse models easier than anyone else.

Hm. That's a good point, they might actually work quite well with Lucius.

Lucius' ability to grant AP can have a multiplicative effect when used on Nephilim.  Tot's Sprint action can effectively give you two walks for the price of one, and Young's melee attacks can trigger more attacks.  Since efficiency is the name of the game when Lucius runs the show, you should do alright.

The Young can also gain fast by watching something die- so if you can kill something with graves or a tot close to them out of activation, the tot can grow, the young gains fast- it can really start trickling down. 

... Let me third. Graves is a beeeeaaaast. His "Show 'em the door" is an amazing friendly push ability, which would allow for more movement shenanagans without having to rely on commanding presence or whatever- I watched it paralyze a guy in a game the other week because they flipped black joker on the double positive to resist terror.

In the perfect world: He can also "Show you the door" into a tot and get the trigger. Presuming you gave him rapid growth, the tot makes an attack. If he doesn't kill it, graves can make an attack. He can use his second ap to attack again if need be. If he does kill it, the tot can take credit. If he doesn't the tot can then make some attacks. If you kill it in the first volley, graves can use his second ap to "Show 'em the door" on the new young to get a push (since he's slow and probably away from enemies). 

Pretty solid.

ENinja