What to get for a good Dreamer starting crew?

Zwergenkrieger

Hi all,

Im very interested in fielding The Dreamer, yet I dont know what I should get for a good starter crew.

I absolutely like to get 2 Teddies and his Crew Box (Dreamer, Coppelius, 2 Stichted). That will give me some rather melee heavy crew.

Now Im thinking about the summoning Dreamer and I doubt which models I will need to get some good summoning out of Dreamer. A blister Alps? Will this be enough? What models should I get to summon besides Alps?

And are there any models with special synergies to Dreamer?

What models do you run as "sheme runners"?

HTG

Well you absolutely need the Daydreams. If you want in theme Scheme runners then look at the Insidious Madness' if the theme isn't such an obstacle the Terror Tots are amazing as well. Widow Weaver is also a good addition to a Dreamer crew as well as Lelu and Lilitu. 

Daydreams

Insidious Madness
Lelu

Lilitu

Baby Kade

Widow Weaver

Daydreams!  Dreamer has to have his Daydreams!  They push, they give suit, they reduce enemy WP, they accomplice, and they can be used to absorb wounds.

Insidious Madness for objective running.  Has some utility for WP, though anymore I just run objectives with him.

Twins can do objectives, or focus on taking down enemy models.

Baby Kade plays really well with Teddy, much better than I first thought.  Dual engagement with a high crow gives you +4 dmg and he gets to jump up to 15" to give a push to Teddy.  With smart positioning and timing, you can keep him safely away from stuff, then pull him close and use someone like Lilitu to lure an enemy into range and trigger some lovely pouncing action.

Widow is all around helpful to have.  WP reduction with her web's and against living/construct crews, can collect and make a Teddy.

Well you absolutely need the Daydreams. If you want in theme Scheme runners then look at the Insidious Madness' if the theme isn't such an obstacle the Terror Tots are amazing as well. Widow Weaver is also a good addition to a Dreamer crew as well as Lelu and Lilitu. 

I haven't thought of taking Tots with Dreamer.  How do they work for you?

I haven't thought of taking Tots with Dreamer.  How do they work for you?

I love them. They are absolutely amazing lil buggers! :) I have never regretted taking them. They are my primary scheme runners so that Dreamer can focus on the big guys, if they happen to die or something fails then I pop out a Madness or two. 

I would get all nightmares as that's all you can summon, as most of the dreamer stuff is rare. Madness are rare 3 I find it easy to summon the max. Lelu and lilitu are rare 1 and daydreams are rare 3. The only model you can really have a lot of is alps and maybe stitched but I think 2 is more that enough

Please post your findings and feelings on the Dreamer. I play Dreamer quite a lot and I have enjoyed a lot playing him, thematic and game wise. I haven't actually used Alps almost at all, I propably should take that as my next focus point but I feel there are more important summons and more important SS priorities. I have played quite a lot of Summoner path though, I think that on the Chompy path Alps will start popping up more. Not sure though.

How do you feel about Alps? 

If you refer to my post on the Alp bomb that's how I use them just very situational it will not work every game but then again what crew will work every game. There is always adjustment according to the strategy and scheme draw. I don't like the chompy play style. I like the dreamer as a good support master.

I am loving all this talk about the Dreamer, as I want to start playing with him soon aswell- will be following this thread impatiently from the sideline ;)

The Dreamer is amazing :) You should play a few rounds in Vassal first to see how he is and what models you like with him before buying them. :)