The looking for a vassal game thread

SevenSins

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hello, anybody willing to help a Malifaux noob to get to grips with the rules via Vassal? I'm a fast learner, but would need someone to be patient and talk me through some of the basics while I learn. What do you get from this arrangement? Well, you get to easily kick arse over and over again! I'm free tomorrow evening from 6pm (GMT).  

• 4 weeks later...

Hello, I was wondering if anyone would be willing to help me learn the game. I don't have the rulebook yet (university student, I can't throw money around) but I am interested in the game, and will probably purchase the it if I enjoy myself. 

Je peux parler francais si vous preferez, c'est pas le meuilleur et je n'a pas parler pour presque une anne (m'excuse pour les accents, mon ordinateur est dans le mode anglais), mais je ne veux pas diminuer mes chances pour jouer. 

I am in PDT (pacific daylight time)

• 3 months later...

Hi, after a rather long hiatus from the forums I have decided to resume my (probably doomed to fail) quest to play a game of Malifaux. It is Reading week for my university which gives me literally an entire week free, although I do have plans to reunite with my friends (time undecided as of yet) and to watch season 4 of RWBY with my sister, again no time decided.  I am in Pacific Standard time, and have wanted to try an actual game before I purchase the rulebooks due to being a cheapskate. I have no interest in buying models though, I don't have the money, time or patience for it. I have no idea what I am going to take for my crew either, 10t and Arcanists are definitely the two that I am most interested in, but I am not sure which to take. 

I have however, recently found myself playing Darkest Dungeon, and I am really enjoying the Bounty Hunter, and was wondering if any master in those two factions had a similar game-plan, mainly one of crowd-control, forced movement, and occasionally little more than good old fashioned brute force.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 8 months later...

I have played on Vassal before and wanted to get back into it. Mainly to just play some games on the side to prepare for the german Nationals, which I applied to for some reason. So someone from europe would be great, though I have played versus americans on vassels before. I did attend tournaments before and I can play my crew quick enough. So 2:30h games would be optimal so we can simulate the situation. I also need to play versus some of the more competitive masters, as I have yet to play vs Sandeep or Hamelin. Looking forward to your pms!

• 4 months later...
  • 2 months later...