Molly - new models?

graeme27uk

• 3 weeks later...

If you wanted to play up the "sorrowful" side of Molly, the baby on this could be redone as the head she carries around:

The HellDorado Mourner:

https://cipher-studios.com/store/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=36_40&products_id=613

Edit:  <bleep> I missed that someone else already linked the mourner.  Ah well.

I think the real problem comes from BOTH Molly and Kirai being portrayed in their new art as downright active. Molly seems to be going off the deep end of crazy as of late (her story in the M2E core book seems to match it) so I don't mind if her figure turns out so manic.

What bothers me is doing that to Kirai as well. I'd really like to see her posed more like the Hell Dorado Mourner, which IMO really does capture the grief/despair feeling well. Having her skipping along with the shears behind her just looks wrong, more like badass ninja gardener for hire than someone who feels lost and alone and angry.

I think the real problem comes from BOTH Molly and Kirai being portrayed in their new art as downright active. Molly seems to be going off the deep end of crazy as of late (her story in the M2E core book seems to match it) so I don't mind if her figure turns out so manic.

What bothers me is doing that to Kirai as well. I'd really like to see her posed more like the Hell Dorado Mourner, which IMO really does capture the grief/despair feeling well. Having her skipping along with the shears behind her just looks wrong, more like badass ninja gardener for hire than someone who feels lost and alone and angry.

Well, that art divides players into camps, I think. I, for one, really like it. It has more of blind rage than crying despair. Also, it looks more like whirling around than skipping to me. I wouldn't mind a more despairing pose, though. The old sculpt was rad.

The new Molly is more crazy than glum. Since we already have a rather glum undead female Master (Tara) I'd say that's not bad.

And a note on the Bruma mini (Math's 2nd link) (she was in an odd-minis box I picked up used this weekend):

She might work best as a female take on Niko - she's a bit tall. 

Toe to toe with the original shooty-Viktoria mini, the peak of Vik's hair is just below the brim of Bruma's tophat.  And with her foot up on the little pile of skulls, she gives the impression of being even bigger yet.  For conversion work, the arms are slightly odd - the shoulders are on the body, and the arms attach between shoulder and bicep.

theres always the old sculpt if the new doesnt catch your fancy. New isnt always better.

Agreed. Malifaux certainly has a few metal treasures. I like the new Molly, but feel the new version steps on the new Kirai; fortunately I think Kirai is one of those especially good metal minis that few will feel it necessary to upgrade from. I plan to upgrade to Crazy Dancin' Molly as soon as possible, but metal Kirai is definitive to me.

Proxy-wise, wow, the Mourner is beautiful! While not quite the right style, I'd say she's very good proxy material. I hadn't see her before.