US RANKED "Live Free or Die Cheating" May 10th - Game Castle, Londonderry, NH

PeregrineFalcon

I wanted to clarify something and make sure everyone understood that if you do not want the lunch provided you can take $5 off of your registration fee (at the door or during pre-reg period). Since I'll be ordering pizza and having it brought to the Game Castle, I understand if people have certain dietary restrictions and in no way would I mean to force the yummy (but unhealthy) choice of pizza on people.

Simply put I did it this way in order to facilitate the fast moving schedule I'm working towards. So to that point, if you are not interested in pizza please just let me know ahead of time when you (pre- or dayof-)register, but just know that regardless we will be having ONLY a 30min break between rounds 1 and 2 for lunch.

Also added some more pre-reg's to OP.

Thanks for a great tournament Falco! I had a blast, and I hope I get to play in another one soon.

Manny, thanks for taking the drive. Looks like you were the furthest one this time. It was so nice to meet you and so many new players/faces. It got me thinking, we should have a door prize at all New England events for the person who drove/traveled the furthest :P

From the twitter feed, it looks like this was a great event. Really wish I could have been there. I'll be sure to make the next event.

Kevin, it was a great event. Not only did it appear to me as the TO that everyone had fun. I had SO much fun TO-ing for the event. Sure I was jealous I didn't get to play any games, but that was quickly balanced by how much fun I had going around giving random 'brownie' points (via more raffle tickets) to players who were doing cool/wacky/random stuff. Every competitor was professional and fun. We had a 7 way tie for best sport, then a re-vote and a 3 way tie, so I finally just had to do a random drawing from the three. It just goes to show how awesome Malifaux players really are.

I have the results and will have them up soon and will also be submitting them to Malifaux Rankings, just need to confirm with Mike on the format. I want to make sure we get a least a sortable option to sort by region, but keep rankings on the national scale. That way we can look at just how the NE guys do since our event will obviously be worth less than say something like Adepticon. 

P.S. With regards to rankings, EVERY player attending was excited for them when I took a survey. Even new players who had only 3 games under their belt before the tournament.

Here are the raw results, I haven't put Wyrd forum names next to peoples info yet (will try and get to that at some point, for those I have):

Player                Faction                Total TP           Total Diiff           Total VP
Jon Green         Arcanists             9                      12                      24
Matt Stevens     Neverborn           9                        3                      15
Corbin Bogert    Guild                   6                        9                       21
Ian Nelson         Outcasts             6                        4                       22
Matt Perry          Guild                  6                         4                       13
Matt Lotz            Neverborn         6                         4                       12
Steve Wall          Neverborn         6                         2                       16
Sam Thron         Neverborn         6                         2                         9
Robert Kohnen  Gremlins            4                          0                       15
Marc Michaud   Guild                  3                         3                       15
Mike Smith        Neverborn          3                         0                         8
Brad Geoffroy  Neverborn          3                         -5                         9
Blake Hooper    Gremlins            3                        -6                       15
Alex Feinman    10T                    1                        -8                         7
Manny Almeida Ressers             0                      -10                         5
Ian Graham       Neverborn         0                      -14                        11

So PFalcon ran a tremendous event...  well organized, timely, awesome terrain (special shout out to M. Smith for all his AMAZING stuff he lends out!) and great support overall.

16 players was very solid and that included not having "regulars" that normally show to all Malifaux events...  so we continue to grow.

Another big mention to all those that traveled, including MJungleDog, who came up from Rhode Island to represent and is putting in his paperwork to Hench down there!  Welcome to the show!

I had three great games against three opponents.

First game was against the Overall Winner and his Ramos list.  I took Levi and as I have come to learn, Levi either kills Ramos' tanks or the tanks roll Levi and Crew.  Well, Levi didn't kill Joss who then caught a top-decked (and no card in hand) reactivate from the Brass Arachnid.  The result was not pretty.   Jon carried the game 10-1...   But I don't want to say his win was luck, he did exactly what he needed to do, I made a few mistakes and he capitalized.   Ramos/Levi is such an interesting match up that I unfortunately keep coming up on the wrong side of.

Second game was against the eventual Wooden Spoon (worst performance) winner and his Zoriada crew in Stake a Claim.  I very much enjoyed the game because I finally used the Theoryfaux Tara list (Tara/Hannah/Malifaux Child/bunch of Mercs) and it performed exceptional well.  He had two Siliruids which got caught by Johan and Sue and never got to do their things.  Then it was a cat-n-mouse game against Lady Z and her Obeys onto Bad Juju/Teddy against my bury shenanigans.  In the end I had too much AP to stop my Claim Staking and Juju finished off the Framed for Murder Johan early on, so the game went my way.  But my opponent played well and was extremely helpful as apparently he is a regular Tara player and I just dabble at best.

My final game was against Whiz-kid Blake and Ophelia.  Blake, while a immensely strong 1.5 player is at best a novice at M2e and wasn't prepared for my complete disregard for all things holy.  We were playing Reckoning and I used Levi.  With Teddy, Ryle, Lazarus, Librariand and a Flesh Construct.  Ridiculous....  but I did laugh about my list during the B's game after multiple times.  Sometimes it just feels good to be so dirty and after all the times I faced The Dreamer and Pandora in 1.5, I dont' feel bad about it!   My opponent ended up conceding the game start of Turn 4 because I had everything but Teddy left and he was down to an exposed, wounded Ophelia and a Lenny that was huddled in the corner petting his pig.

Moving on, Neverborn, Lynch in particular, is very popular at this location, so it's not surprising to see so many.  And likewise, we have very few dedicated Resser players in the area, are illustrious TO being one of them.

Anyhoo, looking forward to the next one!

• Like 1

For the New Englanders amongst you its now possible to just see the New England results as a standalone thing

http://www.malifauxrankings.com/usa/newengland

Hopefully as Adam runs more events this will become slightly more interesting :)

I believe we have another ranked event on the 31st that Tyler is running in Amesbury MA also.

P.S. Your Adepticon decks had everyone drooling at the mouth during prizes this past Sat.