Guild Presence at Adepticon

EntrepeNinja

Boy was there a lot of it.

I played 6 games total (I skipped masters, as I had to leave before sunday), and played against 4 guild crews. 3 of which were perdita crews. All of which included Frank.

I played Neverborn for pickups, ressurs for teams (one of the few there, actually), and guild for story encounters- and the look in my opponents eyes when I said I was playing guild in story was heartbreaking. Then I said I was playing Hoffman, and they breathed a sigh of relief. Seems like the two favorites were Sonia and Perdita hands down. SOOO much guild.

There's a lot of guild in my local meta, so I think I'm gonna spend some time out of faction focusing on Lilith and Collodi, but this raised an interesting question.

Lots of guild in my meta. Lots of guild in the greater midwest and/or american meta... What's it like in your locals? Is it just because they got their new plastics first? Is it because they're built a little more straight forward, or had a little more table time? Will this all pass? All this and more... wait... Sorry. Got carried away with the questions....

Thoughts? Is there a surge of guild?

ENinja

The lack of gremlins is pure saddening.  Although I heard there was some in teams and one player in stories usinging ophelia.

I played 5 games at adepticon 4 out of the 5 were against guild.   so glad i sold off most of my guild prior.  

Also family sucks vs double defensive mosquitos.  Huzzah Som'er!

I played in the team tournament this year and had a great time. However.....we played against Guild every single round, 4 out of 4 games. Every single one had Perdita with Frank- because why wouldn't you take Frank with how simple it is to make Perdita Def/WP 9/9 with him?

We are technically calling it playing 6 Perditas in 4 rounds. After the third round we casually asked the Powers That Be if, being as we weren't going to win the tournament (and didn't care if we did in any case), we could play anything other than Perdita again for the fourth round. Moments later we were at our table......and we actually see a girl dressed up as Perdita walking right at us! She got there, and we see she is also a Perdita player. My partner and I gave each other a look and a laugh, because how do you not play against anyone that dedicated? We were in. Then we saw that, while technically against the rules, her partner was playing an Ophelia crew...the Gremlin Perdita! Yep, we were sold. Besides, how often can you honestly say that you faced more Perditas in a tournament that there were rounds?

I do want to stress that everyone we played against was a good player, and we would gladly take any of them on again. But it was a bit disappointing as one of the things that we were hoping for on that day was to play against a few crews that we hadn't seen before.

Strange that you guys have a butt tonne of Guild in your area. In my local meta it's an Arcanist free for all!! I'm one of the few "Scummers" who play Guild and even then it's often 50/50 between them and my first true love Outcasts. I swear if I have to go against Mei or Ramos one more time I'll be institutionalized! Of course it's always fun shooting Mei in the face with Nino and Perdita before she can wreck face or show her the pointy end of the Viks' swords :D

Haaa! Nice! Good to see you on forum too. That was a crazy game. Shoulda brought Santiago, but wanted to give Ryle the targeting system upgrade. Wouldba been sick if I had charged, but Santiago with rapid fire, -def from Diestro and the chance to trigger happy woulda put that nightmare down. :P

Live and learn.

ENinja

I think that the team tournament had the highest concentration of guild. personally I played 6 games over the weekend 5 vs guild. 4 had Perdita. 2 Sonnia, 2 had lady J (weird math = team tournament) 

As a player looking to expand the zombie masses I can report the weekend was a little rough. In the end I had to bust out the old hag to stem the vp tide that was growing at Perdita's feet.

I was playing Ten Thunders in the team tournament. From just glancing around at various times. It looked like Guild and Arcanists were most popular. I saw a few Neverborn, Outcasts, and Rezzer players. I only saw one Gremlins player and no other Ten Thunders players.

I think as KIRAI, COLETTE, outcasts and never born seemed to rule the roost in 1.5, it may be people simply spreading there wings for 2nd.... (?)

Fixed that for you. But I agree, even if in the long term balance issues are detected right now I think everyone is really enjoying that there are no perceptible non-competitive masters. Its very nice to be able to go to a tournament and be able to play you favorite master and feel you have a fighting chance from the outset.

• 1 month later...

In my neck of the woods we have Ressur (me, but I also can play any faction but gremlins), Neverborn (also Ressur player), Gremlin, Arcanist (2 players), Guild, and 10T (who also plays Arcanist, and Outcast), and another Ressur (who also plays Hoffman, and Sonnia).

@Sevorin

Sounds pretty balanced. :P

Our Michigan area isn't awful, it was just guild heavy (while I was still guild). I don't love seeing the same thing week after week, so I like a good balance in my meta. Probably why I like to be able to field so many factions, so I can balance out a meta wherever I may go. Like our meta seemed very guild heavy. That was in part our Hench was practicing for doubles, which meant one of our ressurs was a guild for a hot second. I was in guild, and a few new players (as well as the Monroe meta) was a little guild heavy. I've swapped to Neverborn for a spell, and while Joe is still guilding around and we've gotten a couple more (a hoffman/lucius player, and a 'dita player), It's evened up a bit.

We don't really have a 10k, or an arcanist, but the Monroe meta has a couple of each of those, I think, so the wider local tournament meta is pretty balanced now. 

ENinja

Eninja, Its still pretty guild heavy I think out of the last 6 new players we got 5 went guild the other got a raspy set.

Im working on my 10T stuff but it wont see the table until its fully painted.  so atleast another 2 weeks probably or until the league is over.  then ill be running misaki/brew/mccabe for a while.