Void Wretches vs. Crooligans: they're really obnoxious against single other scheme runners, and have a lot of options to attack/assist buried things where a normal scheme runner might be done with its job and out of position.

Hannah's pretty beefy- I usually have her assisting in burying so she won't be buried, but yeah, she'd do fine in that role. Probably wouldn't do it unless I was strapped for points though, since she's not optimal for it, just competent at it.

And yeah, the WP half of tara is way harder to get effectively set up compared to friendly positioning and AP stuff, but I think the cooler half.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

So, continually tuning the article as I get more experience, but more newsworthy here is that a lot of my ideas in the article are now up in the podcast I did with Schemes & Stones. Just like my article, it's verbose! Unlike my article, it isn't quite so heavily detailed, and I hope is more entertaining as an intro, what with being able to listen while reading or whatnot.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Hannah helps a lot if you have her, and stoning for cards is sometimes a good idea, which will cycle more cards through.

How Hannah can assist with summoning trick? Initially I thought she could use Make a New Entry On Karina to cast summoning spell with an access to Soulstones for needed suit but she can't as summoning is (0) Ca action not (1) Ca action. Is there something I miss?

How Hannah can assist with summoning trick? Initially I thought she could use Make a New Entry On Karina to cast summoning spell with an access to Soulstones for needed suit but she can't as summoning is (0) Ca action not (1) Ca action. Is there something I miss?

You didn't miss anything. It's the fact that Hannah has Arcane Reservoir built in (draw +1 card during draw phase for a total of 7 in hand each round). Between that and potentially stoning for 2 more cards, it makes it that much more likely that you'll get a decent crow in hand for Karina's summoning.

After 12 games with Tara (and still haven't tried Killjoy with her *chuckles*) I can honestly say that Hannah is an auto-include in my crew. Not only does she give out the extra card, but she hands out a healthy 3" melee range, a 4 :aura  to strip suits from Ca, Ml, & Sh to enemies within it, is a pretty solid henchmen overall, and does good Ml damage that targets Df. The reason that's important to me is it means, at the start of the game, if I see a prime target (master or other model that I want to prioritize attacking turn 1 via Bury->Unbury with Tara) I can optimize my bury target of choice between Nothing Beast & Hannah, depending on what said target is weakest in stat wise (WP or Df).

• Like 1

You don't feel that Hannah brings a bit anti-synergy to the list with the extra card and making the Voidsters even lower on df? 

(and still haven't tried Killjoy with her *chuckles*)

So basically first you go a bit rapey on everyone.. And after you've done it for a good long while.. You just go and make it worse? :P

You don't feel that Hannah brings a bit anti-synergy to the list with the extra card and making the Voidsters even lower on df? 

Not in the least. Between Tara needing to discard 3 cards or her entire hand give people Fast around her, first activation duals (which happen constantly with my crew) and wanting to ensure I win specific duals to maximize objectives or damage, and potential discards for Nothing Beast's zero, defensive stance, etc, I find the 7th card quite helpful and yet to really effect my Void models so long as I get initiative (which Tara's  :+fate to Initiative typically ensures).

So basically first you go a bit rapey on everyone.. And after you've done it for a good long while.. You just go and make it worse?  :P

Yes.  :D 

Actually, the main reason I haven't taken Killjoy yet is that Karina cannot summoned while a friendly Horror model is buried, which Killjoy is a Horror model. I'd rather spend the points on Hannah instead.

• Like 1

But you can be extra brutal and hold this high Crow for the next turn...

What I mean is:

- bottom of Turn 1 - send Killjoy with ribbon saying 'From Tara with love'

- Turn 2 - win initiative, wreck more havoc with Killjoy

- later that turn, when opponent thinks is all over, summon something and make your opponent crying

- and if you want him to suffer heart attack bury another beatstick in the meantime

Complete agreement with Asrian- the extra card, assist auras and actions, and some decent beating is fantastic, and doesn't really impact tara since she does like cards as much as anyone else, she just doesn't like the trash ones hanging around.

I don't take killjoy for similar reasons- it's another aspect of an already weird summon to manage, and the bigger thing is that I find having the option to re-bury the beater to be a strong option so don't want to need to keep track of it in the future.

There's absolutely nothing wrong with the cleaver-wielding meat sack, I just have found myself reaching for other beaters since learning to love Karina's summon. I'll usually take the Nothing Beast if I'm trying something for fun or to keep my skill up with her weak link, or something that doesn't require management if I don't want to worry about it.

I feel Killjoy being at odds with Karina is more prevalent on paper than in practice.

He is nearly always out and about well before Karina wants to put something on the table. Since Tara likes to activate first she can clear the lane before Karina activates.

Of course that's not always possible, for instance reburying Killjoy at the top of a turn for another late-turn unburial. Assuming it is not Turn 1, this situation could prevent a summoning opportunity. Whether it's for safety or repositioning, it is a judgement call of what's worth more: the summon or KJ's burial.

One option for that situation is to bait something of yours to be killed in a choice location after Tara's activation, thus giving KJ the opportunity to come back to the field before Karina's activation so she can summon. If you are using Ronin then you can directly deliver KJ without baiting, but that gives your opponent a turn to retaliate and costs a model to do it.