How many of us are actually buying Bloated Stench?

Brightmore

So our upgrade has been finalized for a little while and I wanted to ask around, is anyone actually buying it?

I find myself never interested in buying it. Most of our Enforcers and Henchmen are very tough, and buying an upgrade relying on your opponent attacking them, when attacking them is frequently not that useful doesn't seem to be a brilliant plan. 

I was wondering if others of you had more success. 

Depends. It's more useful for all crews then it was before, but I don't know. I can see taking it in a Molly Horror build on the Valedictorian, but... 

I dunno I think it could use either a death effect for when the model is killed, either in general or only by the enemy, or a discard effect like the better archaist ones get. I like this much better than the poison one we had at first though. It's not over costed, but it still suffers from the fact that it only interacts with the enemy, and they get to choose when to interact with it by directing attacks at the model which has it. Which can certainly be worth one stone, I just have trouble spending the points all that often on something like this when it comes right down to it because as a resser I NEED stones. And 1 SS for this, or one SS later for a suit and a summon...

I think its certainly ok and it will be an option if it got printed as is, but it's not something that leaps out and says take me! which means its probably balanced the way it is.

I dunno

Izamu is better served with Unnerving aura frankly. 

I tried it once on the Valedictorian, and I was unimpressed. It did 1 or 2 damage the whole game, and I think if I took it as an SS it would have served me better. It's not a bad upgrade, but it's so single purposed that I won't take it over Unnerving Aura or even transfusion. (Yes, i am one of the odd people who takes Transfusion on a non-sebastan model. Works fine)

It's meh. It does it's (simple and uninspiring) job, but don't expect stellar results.

And it's still vastly better for mcmorning than anyone else, which I have a big problem with. He already has a general resser upgrade that works better for him than anyone else, we REALLY do not need another one.

If the intent is that ressers need more poison synergy why not have an aura that causes all enemy models in the aura count as having poison without actually giving them poison for McMorning and co to exploit more dmg from.

The problem as I see it is that given how tightly McMorning is tied to exploiting poison anything that is fairly balanced for him will be too expensive and require too many other resources for that upgrade to be priced fairly for them, and priced fairly for anyone other than McMorning makes it a steal for him.

Personally I'd rather have an upgrade along the lines of one of the good arcanist ones that gives a good effect and can be discarded for another.

• Like 1

It's not giving out huge amount of poison, so it really doesn't help with Expunges, there are far better ways of getting mass poison on models, what it does do is give a model a bit more bite as far as damage goes when teamed with models which do Poison (a huge amount of Rezer models give out poison) and as a secondary effect works very well with Kirai Spirits by allowing them to charge for cheap if a model does damage to your beater. I feel what you need to look out for as a McMourning player is things that give out bulk poison, and there are far better choices to do this. TBH after tooling McMourning up, wacking in Transfusion, maybe putting in Decaying Aura so McMourning can get past SS users, I think I would rather have some models rather than an additional upgrade that only hands out poison if the enemy hits the model in question.

However in other crews I could see adding it to something like the Dead Rider, Yin or Izamu who is tough to give them a bit of damage bump. What McMourning crews generally don't need is a way of getting small quantities of poison on models or a bit of a damage increase. McMourning does enough damage on his own. But a crew like Yan Lo, Kirai or Molly could really make use of it.

Which is a fair opinion, and it can be done without poison in my opinion.

There are so many things that Key off poison that it makes far more sense to use poison. You already have models that hand out poison, models that charge for less against poison etc...  If you want something to have synergy with a large proportion of the factions model Poison is the way to do it.

• Like 1

Oh I agree that Unnerving is probably Izamu's best upgrade, but I don't want it to always be the only thing he will ever have. I really want to try a Kirai list with Izamu carrying Spirit Beacon as a bodyguard for her, just to see if I can have fun with that. But I'm more in to running Yan Lo when I put away Seamus, so that might wait a while.

So the vibe I am getting is most people are take it or leave it, with largely on the leave it end.

That is why I asked the question. I find that while I remember it, I never care. I would love for an upgrade like Oathkeeper, I would also love something that interacts with poison(but doesn't apply it, so that my infect triggers aren't just bad fire damage triggers)

I do feel it is useful, but I think you won't really get that much mileage out of it unless you spam it, meaning, no matter what you punch, it's going to hurt. I wouldn't say no to Ratty's proposal, but that's quite a bit beefier as an upgrade. and gicing +1 damage against targets with poison will just be moar McMourning use while the rest sort of could maybe see the point.

It needs to ideally work for everyone, more or less equally if it's going to be a generic faction upgrade. McMorning shouldn't get the shaft in the equation either, in my opinion. If there is a tiny bit of extra synergy with a particular master that's one thing. Corpse Bloat is a good example of that sort of upgrade. It's a solid upgrade for any master that wants/needs Corpse markers, but it's got a little extra Synergy for masters like Seamus, who can make the WP duels harder to pass, or any resser master who doesn't need the markers as fuel, and can afford to blow them up more willfully then masters that want the marker.

I personally just don't think anything to do with poison can do that, as anything created worth poison is just going to flat out work better with McMorning.

Okay, i just had an idea thats usefull for all masters and is not damage based.
Why net make an upgrade - masters only - that gives the master an (1) or maybe (2) Action with a TN, that turns target corpsemarker in ... idk ... 6" into a schememarker.

Something that has nothing to do with damage but is still diserable.

... idk ... just spitballin here ...