Neverborn in a Lucius Crew

akaean

So I've been really enjoying Lucius lately, and I have been running primarily an all guild guardsman force, focusing on taking advantage of the Guild Sergeant's and Lawyers boons to will power / horror duels in order to leverage commanding presence, and reduce the need to cheat those flips.

For a while though, I've been looking at taking advantage of Lucius' neverborn alliance and the Beckoner has especially caught my eye.  She is a minion and a mimic, so can be ordered around, and benefit from useless duplications similar to the Lawyer.  I especially like the synergy between the Beckoner and Pathfinder, as using Lure to drag enemies into Clockwork Traps seems like a fun and flavorful combination.  On the other hand, a Beckoner is an expensive platform for lure, with an effectively 8 ss cost (including the upgrade on Lucius), and it is paying for a lot of brilliance manipulation tricks which won't get much use in a Guild Crew.

The other Neverborn Mimics are all either Enforcers (Tannen, Graves, Dopple) or Henchmen (Candy), cost a lot of points, and generally don't synergize with the majority of Lucius' minion oriented abilities.  I'm interested to know if people have had success with them, and what they can bring to guild that I cannot get in faction.

My experience with Beckoners comes from playing Lynch and Zoriada.  Their cost is high if you compare them to the other lurers in Belle's and Oiran but the price is justified due to the other abilities they have.  They synergize brilliance with themselves with Don't bite the hand, Sweetest fare and The party never ends but the main difference they have and i feel where the value lies is Not that kind of girl.  For 1 AP you get a lure and she can push herself around making her very effective at pulling her own crew forwards, especially if you have a way of getting her forward without using her own AP.  Combined with the Doppelgänger you have quite a lot of luring potential.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Lucius loves his Beckoners, for the reasons you mentioned. I ran one last week with a Lawyer nearby and the effectiveness was surprising.

Lucius was able to give the Beckoner up to three free Lures per turn with his Commanding Presence, the Doppelganger got in another three from Mimic and the Beckoner had her own two...

Lucius was able to give the Beckoner up to three free Lures per turn with his Commanding Presence, the Doppelganger got in another three from Mimic and the Beckoner had her own two...

How did you get around the horror test requirement? Normally a model becomes immune to the horrortest for the rest of the turn (after succeding) and a model can only get the free Action if it succedes on a Horrortest...so normally only one extra Action per turn, per model.

How did you get around the horror test requirement? Normally a model becomes immune to the horrortest for the rest of the turn (after succeding) and a model can only get the free Action if it succedes on a Horrortest...so normally only one extra Action per turn, per model.

You can give her two AP, one from Commanding Presence and one from Issue Command. I don't see how you can get the third.

Tannen and Graves are Mimics. Tannen can be brutal with his Cooler Aura making cheating a really tough decision for the enemy crew and he can also put out Chatty preventing interact actions which can be key in certain schemes/strategies. On top of that he can cripple enemy models with the -2 to Wk and Cg with Bored to Tears. Graves offers you a really tough beat stick who can use Show ya the Door to push a friendly model up field 6" then push into B2B with them once per turn OR he can use it to isolate enemy models then go to town on them with his fence post. He can also reset Tannen's Manipulative ability which can be a really useful combo. They work REALLY well together, heck even on their own they are both very useful.