Valedictorian - why take her?

graeme27uk

Removing an enemy model's triggers on a CA7 is very nice. Cheat or stone rams on her melee attack and watch her shine. Terrifying 12(all), HtW, and armour 1 help her hang around despite average DF. Works really well with Molly if she has taken the limited horror upgrade. Can give the valedictorian a extra action. All in all I think she is good.

She is our only Ml dedicated henchmen, give her decaying aura and she is more than capable of twoshotting a few masters if she stones for her trigger, she has the potential to get 4 attacks in a turn, is highly mobile with wk 6 and flight, has a very nice 3" block of engagement, can screw with trigger use with a 0 action (no subzero for you rasputina) and is surprisingly hard between the hard to wound, armor 1 and possible use of soulstones along with 10 wounds. She seems like a fantastic package to me.

Quick question, I'm very new and I forget. Are you allowed to Cheat damage flips?

Would this mean that (as long as you hit, which is pretty easy with Ml6 (run in a puppy for effective Ml7)), for a SS > Ram Trigger and a severe card you can basically guarantee 6 damage on an enemy even if you don't flip a severe card yourself?

Also just by looking at the statline, Def 5 is pretty average, but H2W and Armor combined means anything but dedicated beatsticks will be chipping 1-2 damage at you. 10 Wounds along with SS prevention and the H2W/Armor combo makes me think that this chick will very rarely go down. Add on a nurse which can heal her to full and she'll probably never go down :3

If you spend a SS before flipping to hit to add a Ram to the total, and you actually then hit, or if you flip or cheat a high ram card, and still hit, you get a double positive twist on the dmg flip. In most cases this does indeed mean you can cheat the dmg flip. There are exceptions. If tie the attack flip against a model that has Hard to Wound then you are at a triple negative dmg twist, so your net outcome is minus 1 thus preventing cheating. If the model you are attacking has Impossible to Wound, then you'd get your positive twists, but you couldn't cheat the flip because of that Talent's wording.

In about 98%+ of cases though you are correct, if you hit and have a ram in the total you will often be able to cheat the dmg.

Additionally, take her with Molly and give her the bloated stench upgrade currently in beta testing. Then she becomes resilient, and will do 2 dmg to enemies within 1" that are not undead and don't have black blood whenever she takes dmg.

For extra silly eggs in one basket tricks hire the grave spirit as well and keep him in base contact and now she has armor 3.

• Like 1