A while back, I ran a campaign for a group of players that were part of the Arcanists with a focus on treasure hunting and finding Grimoires and Artifacts. For their campaign, I made a Grimoire-centric Advanced Pursuit focusing on the resources of the Arcanists and the M&SU. The Pursuit sadly wasn't able to be play tested too much, so criticism is welcome.
The title of Curator is given to the Arcanists who oversee the Grimoire Vault. These historians and researchers have devoted their career to the discovery, recovery, and mastery of Grimoires and Artifacts.
In order to become a Curator, they must first be a member of the M&SU and show a profiency with magic. This included paying monthly dues and having a magical theory other than the Tharlarian Doctrine or The Whisper. Once they have proven themselves as a trusted operative of the Arcanists, the potential Curator must make a substantial donation to the historical research of the M&SU. This usually involves donating a Grimoire or Grimoires totalling 6 or more Magia. The Curator gains a step in the Advanced Pursuit each time the donate a rare Grimoire, Artifact, or Soulstone to the Vault.
Vault Historian - The Curator is given special access to the Grimoire Vault of the Arcanists. The Curator is immediately given a Grimoire containing two Magia and two Immuto of their choice. With the help of a fellow Arcanist, they may swap out the Grimoire for one with the same amount of Magia and Immunto. A Curator may also request to borrow a Grimoire of stronger power with a Bureaucracy check (TN 12 +2 for every addition Magia or Immunto beyond 2.) If they receive a Margin of Success, the requested Grimoire has an additional special effect determined by the Fatemaster. If they lose a Grimoire gained from this Talent, they may only use it again after donating an equal Grimoire.
Antiquarian - The Curator gains the following Tactical Action:
(1) Quick Attune: The Curator discards a card and can attune to any Grimoire in their possession for the rest of combat or for 10 minutes of narrative time. They may use History instead of the Attributes for a number of time based on the number of the discarded card. (Once for 1-5, twice for 6-10, and four times for 11-13.) The Curator can still only be attuned to one Grimoire at a time. If they have the Traditional Method Magical Theory, this action costs (0) but still lasts for the same duration.
Artifact Studies - The Curator gets to any flips to identify, locate, or discover knowledge about a Grimoire or Artifact. In addition they gain an artifact of their choice, or via random Flip.
- Bizarre Talisman: While carrying this medallion, you may use History in place of Evade when determining your Defense.
- Wretched Totem: While carrying this effigy, you may use History in place of Toughness when determining your Wounds.
- Abandoned Scripture: While carrying this testament, you may use History in place of your Centering when Determining your Willpower.
- Eerie Facade: While carrying this cameo, you may use History in place of your Notice when determining your Initiative.
Occult Affinity - When the Curator uses the Quick Attune Tactical Action, they add the suit of the discarded card to the spells they cast from the attuned Grimoire.
Dual Attunement - The Curator may attune to two Grimoires at a time. Any bonuses and penalties from one Grimoire affect the other. (Ex, a locked Immunto is locked for spells cast from either Grimoire. If such requirements prevent spells from being cast, such as multiple locked Elemental Immunto, it means that the Grimoires are in conflict with one another. Grimoires aren't exactly keen on sharing a caster.) Each Grimoire must be attuned separately, but can either be attuned properly or by using the Quick Attune Tactical Action.