Jump to content

BiggaBoat.jpg

We is gunna needs a bigga boat!

Inspired by the 1975 movie classic "Jaws" 
Quint, Brody and Hooper head out to hunt a Great White shark in their little fishing boat "The Orca"... Gremlin style! 

Starring:
Shark - Schleich Great White
Quint - Bayou Gremlin
Hooper - War Wabbit Gremlin
Brody - Bayou Gremlin
Orka - GW Lake Town 

Additional Sculpting by Tamiya Quick Set Epoxy
Water Effects by Golden Gloss Gel Medium

No (real) sharks were harmed during the production of this entry. Cant say the same for Gremlins.

Copyright 2017 



Photo Information for BiggaBoat.jpg


Recommended Comments

@Stark haha, this might be my last chance to do something like that as the rest of the rounds I will only have a very short time to complete because of my job. I'm travelling for the next 3 weeks on and off so no idea what I will manage. 
Glad you like it though :D

Share this comment


Link to comment

I have to agree with Stark here :) Damn fine job! And  the water skiing guy is a cherry on top! 
Poor shark though, being sliced in half and all :P 
 

Share this comment


Link to comment
3 hours ago, Infern0 said:

I have to agree with Stark here :) Damn fine job! And  the water skiing guy is a cherry on top! 
Poor shark though, being sliced in half and all :P 
 

I'm hoping the other half of the shark can be repurposed at a later date... Jaws 2 - TheRevenge :P

 

Share this comment


Link to comment

This is crazy! You gotta be some kind of time-bender to be able to make such a great piece in so little time. I love the use of models, and the dynamic of the scene, and the water, and, well, EVERYTHING about it

Great job!

Share this comment


Link to comment
4 hours ago, zombiedragon said:

This is crazy! You gotta be some kind of time-bender to be able to make such a great piece in so little time. I love the use of models, and the dynamic of the scene, and the water, and, well, EVERYTHING about it

Great job!

I wish I was! I had to seriously speed paint so it’s not as well painted as I would like and the water isn’t resin! I had to use a perspex display riser instead so there was no real drying time. 

 

Im glad you like it, I was surprised by how much I got away with 😜

Share this comment


Link to comment
On 26/10/2017 at 1:09 AM, Jason13 said:

In two weeks!?! How?!?! Thank goodness I'm in Bronze. I'd have burnt my brushes otherwise. Amazing work!

No! Never burn or break brushes! They are far too expensive! 😜 Seriously though, don't do yourself down 😀

Thanks for the comment, I'm glad you like it

Share this comment


Link to comment
7 hours ago, Nathan Caroland said:

Lovely piece - I get a real tickle out of it.

Should you decide to part with it, lemme know and we can work something out if it can possibly survive a trip. :)

I am so glad it gives you a laugh, I certainly had fun creating it. It didn't come out quite as intended and there's a lot I would have done differently (and better) had I had more time but my aim was to raise a laugh, so mission accomplished. 

Its a huge compliment for someone to want to buy/trade for a piece, I hadn't even thought about that. Since it's my fist big competition I will probably keep it for now as a reference to what worked and what didn't. But you never know in the future... 😉

Share this comment


Link to comment

This is absolute madness! The scale of it and machination of all the individual parts, all for a time sensitive competition? That takes some serious fortitude. I couldn't do it, I keep mine simple and still struggle.

A few parts I particularly like ; The algae on the boat's underside - nice touch, an easily missed detail, the leather texture on the hats is nicely done, shading green skin with red - I do the same thing with my gremlins, the clever model choices and their application, and the use of the beach ball and rubber ring to raise the humour level just enough.

You must have had a image in your head and just ran with it. It's awesome, love it.

 

Share this comment


Link to comment
20 hours ago, neveroddoreven said:

This is absolute madness! The scale of it and machination of all the individual parts, all for a time sensitive competition? That takes some serious fortitude. I couldn't do it, I keep mine simple and still struggle.

A few parts I particularly like ; The algae on the boat's underside - nice touch, an easily missed detail, the leather texture on the hats is nicely done, shading green skin with red - I do the same thing with my gremlins, the clever model choices and their application, and the use of the beach ball and rubber ring to raise the humour level just enough.

You must have had a image in your head and just ran with it. It's awesome, love it.

 

Hahaha, yes there were a couple of points where I thought I must be mad to try and do so much in such a short time! I did sacrifice painting time though which (quite rightly) was picked up on by the judges but I feel it was worth it to get it done. 

To be honest, in my head, it wasn't this. It started a lot more simply but the Jaws theme sparked when my other half said "Three gremlins... that's like when they go hunt the shark in Jaws" it all fell into place at that point, I just had to gremlinify the scene a bit LOL 

Im blown away by how much people seem to like it, I had fun creating it and that was enough for me so I'm really pleased others are enjoying it too. 

Good luck to you for the rest of the competition 

Share this comment


Link to comment
You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Add a comment...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×